John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe there is a lot more organization than people realize or are willing to accept.

087D7634-AC2B-4161-934E-43CFFBEF2D01.jpeg
However to me that "organizational system" has placed untold numbers of MIC Broncos built from 8/31 to today in front of my 8/30 softtop only and what should normally by now be delivered is stuck somewhere where despite their organizational system, built Broncos that need nothing done at the MOD center are sitting at the MOD center behind the dirt pile where they remain hidden from view.

How about someone, "in seconds" grabbing the vehicles with no identifiable reasons to be at the MOD center and release them for delivery? Pretty please?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm confused as to why this would even be an issue for them. It stands to reason that if you have, say 10 rows of ten, how hard is it to go to the first row parked and start pulling from that row. Unless they just parked them randomly with no rhyme or reason! Which to me would be more difficult to do in the first place...Trying to stay positive here!
It’s not hard, but unless the 3rd party is given specifics they will not look for oldest units first. Also the time to locate the vehicles by FIFO would add time and cost to the rework.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two things that I am wondering about:
1) Will the same sketchy headliner be installed (Probably yes)?
Whatever their plan is, I plan on ripping that out and installing dynamat. Then spraying a layer of bed liner on top of that.

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealership told me yesterday that Ford shows my non FE 2-door is scheduled for Nov 1. My current email says Sept 27. So this tracks with the post.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will pull the vehicles as efficiently as possible, with no consideration for FIFO. It is usually necessary to do LIFO because those vehicles are in the way of the earlier units, but not always. Transporter will pick the nearest units first because they can turn around faster and make more runs in a given amount of time.
In the way of earlier units?
Have you not seen the pictures from Dirt Mountain?
Nice and tidy rows!

This is not like parking in a random city lot for a football game.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will pull the vehicles as efficiently as possible, with no consideration for FIFO. It is usually necessary to do LIFO because those vehicles are in the way of the earlier units, but not always. Transporter will pick the nearest units first because they can turn around faster and make more runs in a given amount of time.
Exactly ^^^

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership told me yesterday that Ford shows my non FE 2-door is scheduled for Nov 1. My current email says Sept 27. So this tracks with the post.
My date changed 3 times from the original email without ever receiving another email.
Your dealer knows, he’s probably looking at Vehicle Visibility!

D7F4EF2E-706A-43B5-A745-647C93BC352F.jpeg

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess that is why the Bronco is built at MAP (Local 900).
FIFO - FI loading the holding area front to back. FO unload front to back. Past experience, lead person(s) given campaign list/VINs to locate and confirm units to retrieve. May be targeted by 2 or 4dr units depending on available quality roofs at mod center. Units left behind from list may include did not start, flat tire, possible damage, etc. There is a crew that does follow up on these units to get them back into the repair system.
Units in process or completed are tracked. Not following expected rough sequence will be noted and addressed. Since there may be other quality issues or build/engineering updates that have been introduced since the individual vehicle was built, those will be need to be completed before vehicle is released. Yes, it is not always a clean process but it not a random process. We have been waiting for our Broncos and the MIC roofs are the hot topic, but build, production, and stock issues resulting in moving incomplete units to a hold are are not a one time event.
I can only speak on dtp local 600, they would pull easiest first and there would be no one out there directing where to park them. Do you work at map ?

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good news! And I'm sure Ford can see at any given moment exactly where each built unit is, until it's sold. And even after that, unless you're paranoid enough to turn off the modem 🙃

While a massive undertaking, it really should not be much of a problem to follow FIFO, a principle that has been around for decades in manufacturing.

Great to see things moving along, hopefully everybody will have their Bronco in their driveway soon!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess that is why the Bronco is built at MAP (Local 900).
FIFO - FI loading the holding area front to back. FO unload front to back. Past experience, lead person(s) given campaign list/VINs to locate and confirm units to retrieve. May be targeted by 2 or 4dr units depending on available quality roofs at mod center. Units left behind from list may include did not start, flat tire, possible damage, etc. There is a crew that does follow up on these units to get them back into the repair system.
Units in process or completed are tracked. Not following expected rough sequence will be noted and addressed. Since there may be other quality issues or build/engineering updates that have been introduced since the individual vehicle was built, those will be need to be completed before vehicle is released. Yes, it is not always a clean process but it not a random process. We have been waiting for our Broncos and the MIC roofs are the hot topic, but build, production, and stock issues resulting in moving incomplete units to a hold are are not a one time event.
So you are suggesting that all the vehicles produced last week with no delivery email were damaged at the plant? Or the line installed a dead battery? If it does not start how does it exit the assembly line? Or a bad wheel/tire? Come on, the line workers would know a flat tire when they handle it and they are supposed to have pull chains to stop the line - or is that just Toyota? We are talking about MIC-less softtop only Broncos (that was my only choice to get a 2021, switching from the modular painted) being pushed to the end of the line by MIC-equipped units built a week later. I don't get it.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But…. They are de virgin-ized, and not really “new” anymore sitting outside for several months are they?
True, but, how is that any different than sitting on dealer overflow lots for months? Some of which aren't paved!

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
However to me that "organizational system" has placed untold numbers of MIC Broncos built from 8/31 to today in front of my 8/30 softtop only and what should normally by now be delivered is stuck somewhere where despite their organizational system, built Broncos that need nothing done at the MOD center are sitting at the MOD center behind the dirt pile where they remain hidden from view.

How about someone, "in seconds" grabbing the vehicles with no identifiable reasons to be at the MOD center and release them for delivery? Pretty please?
I finally got some info on my stuck in production base soft top. My wife got a team leader at the plant to check on my bronco. She is persistent. He did confirm further down in the conversations that they haven’t had any chip issues for the a bronco yet and that the new hard tops have started going out. See message in screenshots. I woke up to my build email, the tracker hasn’t updated yet. ETA end of the month by rail to Louisiana.

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. D7F4EF2E-706A-43B5-A745-647C93BC352F
Maybe there is another issue with it such as this?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What I’m worried about is I’m scheduled to go to Myrtle Beach next Thursday. Friday 9/17 is our 10th anniversary. I’m afraid of getting a call that our Bronco is ready!

Already agreed with my wife that if that happens we’ll leave one day early on Saturday morning to take delivery.
congrats! 9/24 is our 10th anniversary! just the weekend after, haha.
Sponsored