Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
Maybe they'll discover the soft tops that got herded in in error.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but, how is that any different than sitting on dealer overflow lots for months? Some of which aren't paved!
no difference and I'm sure before all this nobody ever wondered about "blend date" or how long what ever car they bought sat on a lot somewhere, let alone "lot rot", LOL.
The overflow lots here are pretty empty right now, usually they were so full they even parked units in the driveways.
Of course then there's the ones from overseas, they first get lot rot, train yard rot, boat rot, then harbor rot, then train again and some more lot rot before being sold. While the wait is super frustrating and irritating, I'd not be concerned about my car 'rotting'. I'd not buy that car otherwise, as mine will be "rotting" outside in my driveway it's entire life unless I'm driving it. So far none of our cars developed any "rot". And they sometimes go for weeks w/o being driven, especially since Covid.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i made the switch and after some thought, the 4 door soft top will better suit what i'll be doing. the "safari" style with the soft top will be much more frequent than the two panel removal style with the 2 door for me, plus the extra room will be good for future (kids, dogs, overland storage space)
I don't know man, by TJ 2-door is a different feel driving, compared to my buddy's 4-door JK. The latter feels less nimble and lumbering. More of a pain to park and maneuver for sure.

On the other hand, if you have a legit use for the extra space and passenger room in the 4-door, then go for it. Each as advantages/disadvantages.

I'll say regardless of lack of space, my old ultra short wheelbase CJ-5 was like a go-kart, one of the most fun 4x4s I've driven. But on trips I did have to tie stuff to the spare and rollbars for capacity!

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once again... Yay Ford for keeping customers happy with communication! (hopefully my sarcasm is coming through)

But here's a thought, since Ford jumped the gun on giving us VIN's and build weeks about 3 weeks ago, how about Ford allows us to make minor changes to the build?

Something like maybe they allow us to change a color? Or they allow me to add the mod bumper to my BaseSquatch? Or add in aux switches?

Maybe that would lessen the sting a little!
I agree! ...better yet, maybe the dealer can use the "Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds" to buy you that mod bumper, and install it at the dealership before you take delivery, if changing is out of the question.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! She'll be down there the whole week with the rest of the family, I go down on Thursday.

We have a separate week-long trip planned in October to go to N Myrtle and also to the Outer Banks to drive on the sand, dependent on the Bronco arriving by then. Since my folks retired, they spend the whole month of October at Cherry Grove, so we'd have a free place to stay.

I want to hit the Outer Banks before coming home, so I can drive on the sand. I'm not aware of anywhere near Myrtle where you can do that.
Freeman Park near Carolina Beach in NC. Much closer to Cherry Grove than the OBX!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

His post is referring to possible issues with MIC Dirt Mtn Broncos that have been sitting and now need to be pulled back to the MOD center for processing, not Broncos that rolled off of the assembly line last week.
Just trying to get a handle on the holdup and status and location of softtop only Broncos that rolled off of the assembly line last week. At least according to blend date and modules they did.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no difference and I'm sure before all this nobody ever wondered about "blend date" or how long what ever car they bought sat on a lot somewhere, let alone "lot rot", LOL.
The overflow lots here are pretty empty right now, usually they were so full they even parked units in the driveways.
Of course then there's the ones from overseas, they first get lot rot, train yard rot, boat rot, then harbor rot, then train again and some more lot rot before being sold. While the wait is super frustrating and irritating, I'd not be concerned about my car 'rotting'. I'd not buy that car otherwise, as mine will be "rotting" outside in my driveway it's entire life unless I'm driving it. So far none of our cars developed any "rot". And they sometimes go for weeks w/o being driven, especially since Covid.
Daktari, you better be careful, you keep dropping logic bombs your gonna explode some heads!

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Freeman Park near Carolina Beach in NC. Much closer to Cherry Grove than the OBX!
True, and I know that one, but I believe it requires a permit (don't know how much $).

I'm going up 17 to 64 and taking that to Nags Head, then up to Corolla Beach. Free to drive up there. She has family in Rocky Mount (right off 64) that we can stop and see on our way home (we live in the Triad)

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe he stated the easiest way possible. Maybe they were already put in a specific order to start with, and therefore, they can start with the first and work their way to the end. We don't actually know. No specifics has been provided, hence we can not really say how it's being done.
I think you’re right. I read through his comments and he said, “it looks like a sea of Broncos but it’s actually well organized and they can pull the one they need in seconds”

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope they pull the easiest first. In a picture of Dirt Mountain two Broncos that could be mine were parked by the fence near a gate! ;)
Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. 1628559652322

Last edited:

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They will pull the vehicles as efficiently as possible, with no consideration for FIFO. It is usually necessary to do LIFO because those vehicles are in the way of the earlier units, but not always. Transporter will pick the nearest units first because they can turn around faster and make more runs in a given amount of time.
Either way shouldn’t affect when mine gets a new top, since my 7/15 blend is more or less in the middle of the herd.