First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea if those being built this week and next week are getting the MIC 2.0 tops? My FE is scheduled for Friday and my Badlands is/was supposed to be next week. Although it may have gotten pushed by now.
Yes they are. New tops only.
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if they are really following a protocol of FIFO or are they having to work through all the last builds to get to our early dirt mountain builds.
I work at a different ford plant and my experience is they will get them the easiest way possible, they will not move a bunch of vehicles to take them in a specific order.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I work at a different ford plant and my experience is they will get them the easiest way possible, they will not move a bunch of vehicles to take them in a specific order.

This ^^^

They’ll pull by row or area with zero regard for build date.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the rear quarter windows removed from the defective top and installed in the MIC 2.0?
The letter to existing owners states that "new " quarter glass shall be installed by the dealer. I am thinking they will reuse the back glass.
Like to see the service bulletin on this one. Ford should provide a national warranty on dealer workmanship no questions asked.

Sponsored

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome news! Thanks for the information.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get the feeling that alot who switched to soft top (due to need or desire for a sooner build) might not have done so if it wasn't going to help anyways, and would've just rolled the dice with the desired hard top. Just a thought.
Outside of FEs and those already with VINs, new hard tops will be pushing to MY22. I suspect the soft top advantage will probably continue into next year to balance out available MIC and capacity. There are after all still about 80,000 hard tops in line. But your point is well taken, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now with MIC 2.0.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is promising. I am cautiously optimistic that they are ahead of schedule and Dirt Mountain Broncos will start getting built confirmations and delivered in the next week or so.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

9/13 build week here... And you say 9/13 thru 9/30 being pushed back but not affecting production? Kind of sounds like it is if these dates are being pushed.
Still hoping for a window sticker this week but losing faith. Maybe time for Ford to lower their production numbers yet again.

I get the feeling that alot who switched to soft top (due to need or desire for a sooner build) might not have done so if it wasn't going to help anyways, and would've just rolled the dice with the desired hard top. Just a thought.
i made the switch and after some thought, the 4 door soft top will better suit what i'll be doing. the "safari" style with the soft top will be much more frequent than the two panel removal style with the 2 door for me, plus the extra room will be good for future (kids, dogs, overland storage space)

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This ^^^

They’ll pull by row or area with zero regard for build date.
I believe he stated the easiest way possible. Maybe they were already put in a specific order to start with, and therefore, they can start with the first and work their way to the end. We don't actually know. No specifics has been provided, hence we can not really say how it's being done.
Sponsored