First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100% true. 9/13 built week dates HAVE been pushed back to October with zero communication, zero warning zero anything from Ford. To say that "production was uninterrupted" is False. Production WAS interrupted.

Communication from Ford on WHY we were pushed 4 weeks would be nice. And... to add to that, my salesman at my dealer is pleading complete ignorance to the "Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds Plan". I feel having build day MOVED a complete month qualifies for that.
Send them the satisfaction funds plan yourself. Let them know you know. Let other customers know.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just like to hear something official from Ford on when they will actually start replacing the dirt mtn builds. And estimated shipping/delivery dates.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
Has anyone actually seen a new MIC Top? If Ford had such confidence, why wouldn't they just release images of the edge seams and new build quality? Keep an eye out for any detailed photos.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% true. 9/13 built week dates HAVE been pushed back to October with zero communication, zero warning zero anything from Ford. To say that "production was uninterrupted" is False. Production WAS interrupted.

Communication from Ford on WHY we were pushed 4 weeks would be nice. And... to add to that, my salesman at my dealer is pleading complete ignorance to the "Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds Plan". I feel having build day MOVED a complete month qualifies for that.
Lol a month. Dirt mountain holders, people with leaky roofs, 2 door orders who got moved an entire YEAR and those who got production dates back in may and June that have moved months at a time are all worse off than a single month. Your compensation will be points and a Bronco months and some a year before others.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, and I know that one, but I believe it requires a permit (don't know how much $).

I'm going up 17 to 64 and taking that to Nags Head, then up to Corolla Beach. Free to drive up there. She has family in Rocky Mount (right off 64) that we can stop and see on our way home (we live in the Triad)
I’m in the Triad as well! And have lots of family in the Rocky Mount/Battleboro area. Small world! You can get a day permit if you want for Freeman, but the OBX is more scenic for sure.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember some member on B6G suggesting that the Mount Dirt resolution plan was to use the 1M sq ft facility to affect the MIC top corrections...

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford declaring that MIC tops are a wash and that it's time to build soft tops for the year:

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. crowd_right

Ford declaring that the new soft top orders are a wash now that MICmageddon is over:

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. crowd_left2

Customers with orders and customers without orders:

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. travolta

JohnDeere726

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford f250,1979 Bronco,2018 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
What about people that have an 8/30 build date that has passed and no build?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

production still continues they just decided to produce other broncos and pushed other for other reason. Production will continue just because it's not on yours doesn't mean it's not happening.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m in the Triad as well! And have lots of family in the Rocky Mount/Battleboro area. Small world! You can get a day permit if you want for Freeman, but the OBX is more scenic for sure.

My wife wants to see wild horses, so we'll most likely head further north.

We live in Davie County, so a bit outside the Triad.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I missed it but does anyone know exactly what was done in the mold retooling over the Initial tooling they were using? Just curious.
I don't think anything was done to the tooling... I think they just added more resin to it to make it thicker and cover the bad area... that is why they were able to get the so called 2.0 going as fast as they did....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although completely unfair to those waiting longest, I certainly wouldn't complain about a LIFO strategy, but I definitely don't feel that's right to those waiting the longest so far.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife wants to see wild horses, so we'll most likely head further north.

We live in Davie County, so a bit outside the Triad.
That’ll be a nice trip- enjoy!
I’m in Clemmons.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about people that have an 8/30 build date that has passed and no build?
No idea. I think he just means that MAP is still plugging along with new vehicles while MOD is fixing the roofs.
Sponsored