Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think? I'm 7/13. Was thinking I was in the first third at least....
7/14 and my ASSumption is I'm smack dab in the middle too.

Does anyone know when the start and end of the move to Dirt Mountain began?
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My brother-in-law had a first gen Bronco and I thought it was a little squirrelly on the highway when hitting the brakes hard
Welcome to 4 wheel drum brakes with no power assist! :LOL: Panic stops are not for the faint of heart.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build dates so far:
  1. 6/14 (notified 4/15 with VIN)
  2. 7/5 (notified 5/22)
  3. 7/26 (notified 6/26)
  4. 8/23 (notified 6/26, later that day)
  5. 8/30 (notified 6/28)
  6. 9/27 (notified 8/7)
  7. TBD (notified 8/13): told to expect more notification in early October and that they expect I will get a MY21.
I have a VIN, and I had a build date, but it's BL not a FE and I no longer have a build date. If this comes this year, I really hope it's before the snow starts around Thanksgiving.

That said, I think the managers at Ford need to start making T-shirts for their OT-ers. Something like, "I conquered Dirt Mountain" or "Bad Batch Buster". Easily worth a drink at the airport bar.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That said, I think the managers at Ford need to start making T-shirts for their OT-ers. Something like, "I conquered Dirt Mountain" or "Bad Batch Buster". Easily worth a drink at the airport bar.
Three big cheers for the Dirt Mountaineers! 🍻

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you are suggesting that all the vehicles produced last week with no delivery email were damaged at the plant? Or the line installed a dead battery? If it does not start how does it exit the assembly line? Or a bad wheel/tire? Come on, the line workers would know a flat tire when they handle it and they are supposed to have pull chains to stop the line - or is that just Toyota? We are talking about MIC-less softtop only Broncos (that was my only choice to get a 2021, switching from the modular painted) being pushed to the end of the line by MIC-equipped units built a week later. I don't get it.
???
I get your frustration but not suggesting any of that. I was not referring to production line issues, but retrieving units FIFO from off-site to bring back to the plant for roof replacement. Some may take it to mean, exact sequence to how it was put off-site. If you were to observe the operation, you might see random units all alone in the campaign site. A crew would then then goes out to the site to trouble-shoot what the issue is like a jump-start. The initial roof replacement process would not be held up for those random units.

toyota? I will take the MAP crew for my build.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eyes on the ground says there is no “MOD center” and they are replacing on site…

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. 8D90844C-3B25-4D89-84C2-7526D7678B88

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. 8D90844C-3B25-4D89-84C2-7526D7678B88
Maybe they are just removing old tops in the lot and then new tops are added in the MOD center.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda funny to see the MIC 1.0 tops unceremoniously thrown down onto the dirt like the pieces of cardboard trash they are. Guess they aren't recovering the headliners.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eyes on the ground says there is no “MOD center” and they are replacing on site…

Is this the lot off of Yost Road? Doesn't look like Willow Run Dirt Mountain.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe they started using prototype molds, the ones used for all the pre-production Roadeo and press vehicles. Actual Webastco produced roofs would not have been supplied until actual customer production, would be my guess, and why the issues were not discovered until after deliveries were made.
Right... Ford wanted the production one 6 # lighter... only way to do the is with less resin.... molds the same.... just have to adjust the mold settings on the press to change the amount of resin put in.... was not Webastco fault...it was Fords

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks more like they're tossing the freedom panels or what ever silly name they have actually, then taking them to the replacement plant. If it's a sunny day that would make sense, less crap to deal with at the factory and here they can just drive a truck through and toss them in to collect. Don't see any rear shells in these photos.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there's new tooling installed, didn't premieredrum confirm? Something about air express delivery of those things to the factory. I can't see how you can add a bit more plastic or resin to a fixed form, would just pool up on top or ooze out somewhere. Maybe he'll have some more insight eventually.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks more like they're tossing the freedom panels or what ever silly name they have actually, then taking them to the replacement plant. If it's a sunny day that would make sense, less crap to deal with at the factory and here they can just drive a truck through and toss them in to collect. Don't see any rear shells in these photos.
Probably a different process for the rear shells since they're bolted on and have glass.

Bottom line - There is progress and the weather is cooperating!
Sponsored