Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Retired... and many of the plant personnel and Local 900 members are like family thus the positive support.
Since this is a targeted plan to replace hardtops, they will need to report out and update as to status. It will be an easy follow-up to address if they do not adhere reasonably to FIFO. Off-site lots I have seen were being filled front to back in orderly fashion. With a recent drive-by it looks like there has been activity with new vehicles in place of previous units at the front areas. Could not get close enough actual build dates...

Past experience with yard and off-site campaigns was what looked like chaos was somewhat orderly. Yes, there was an occasional misplaced or lost unit found in the mix (the human factor). Seems like a big deal since we are waiting for our Broncos but if replacement stock is available along with limited production stock for '21 FE builds and other VINs that are scheduled, they should work through the roof replacement quickly. Even though it will not be a regular production process and seeing the roof removal and install videos, it should be a fairly quick operation. Maybe we will be surprised with hardtop production ramping up and more hardtops will become available resulting in some getting that '21 model after all.
Thank you for the insight! i look forward to hearing from those that start receiving their builds.
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it correct that all these dirt mountain broncos relate to people who have already received build date emails?

Iā€™m asking because I just changed my order to soft top in hopes of getting a sooner build. Want to make sure Iā€™m not actually delaying myself.

Iā€™ve received no emailsā€¦

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda funny to see the MIC 1.0 tops unceremoniously thrown down onto the dirt like the pieces of cardboard trash they are. Guess they aren't recovering the headliners.

Eyes on the ground says there is no ā€œMOD centerā€ and they are replacing on siteā€¦

353E0555-5B47-4F0E-B3D4-0E17CCC691E5.jpeg

8D90844C-3B25-4D89-84C2-7526D7678B88.jpeg

Ooooh boy. Not far off from my latest badge then I see:

Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. Dirt-Mountain---Survivor

If make a badge of my Bronco in my driveway will it also become true!?!? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What does this mean for an unscheduled day one reservation holder with a 4 door Wildtrak? Asking for a friend.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe they started using prototype molds, the ones used for all the pre-production Roadeo and press vehicles. Actual Webastco produced roofs would not have been supplied until actual customer production, would be my guess, and why the issues were not discovered until after deliveries were made.
I can't imagine they did prototype tooling on those units that were put through APG testing. Maybe very early ones, but large, long-lead production injection molding tooling these days are usually "pull-ahead production" tooling. This is usually the case with things that go through key lifecycle/durability testing for production intent. Prototype tooling is usually used only as a band-aid/stop-gap to fill the needs of meeting builds when the prod. tooling is lagging way behind.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One thing to keep in mind on that: Sales tax on your Bronco purchase most likely will not include the value of a trade in. It'll likely be calculated after your trade in value is deducted from the purchase price.

That's the way it is in NC, 3%.

If you sell it separately, you could end up paying a lot more in sales tax on your Bronco.

Just something to keep in mind.
EXACTLY as my salesman described it to me. Hense the two different boxes on a loan app for "money down" and "trade-in"

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This ^^^

Theyā€™ll pull by row or area with zero regard for build date.
Unless they had the foresight to park them for FIFO retrieval. :unsure:

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks more like they're tossing the freedom panels or what ever silly name they have actually, then taking them to the replacement plant. If it's a sunny day that would make sense, less crap to deal with at the factory and here they can just drive a truck through and toss them in to collect. Don't see any rear shells in these photos.
Wouldn't want them doing the large rear panel or the back area that is bolted down. They would be risking scratching the vehicle's paint job with only one person doing the rear panel and definitely with the larger bolted down shell piece.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to keep in mind on that: Sales tax on your Bronco purchase most likely will not include the value of a trade in. It'll likely be calculated after your trade in value is deducted from the purchase price.

That's the way it is in NC, 3%.

If you sell it separately, you could end up paying a lot more in sales tax on your Bronco.

Just something to keep in mind.
Virginia calculates sales tax based on purchase price excluding any trade in value. So there is absolutely no reason to be doing a trade-in in Virginia anymore because Carvana or the other online sellers will offer more than your dealership will.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What Iā€™m worried about is Iā€™m scheduled to go to Myrtle Beach next Thursday. Friday 9/17 is our 10th anniversary. Iā€™m afraid of getting a call that our Bronco is ready!

Already agreed with my wife that if that happens weā€™ll leave one day early on Saturday morning to take delivery.
You asked your wife to end vaca early to take delivery? Might I suggest that you ensure that you get the Bronco in the divorce? :ROFLMAO:

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You think? I'm 7/13. Was thinking I was in the first third at least....
Best I recall is Ford started holding the MIC builds mid June (at least in mass), and stopped producing bad tops mid August. That puts mine in the middle, but I like your thinking.

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What does this mean for an unscheduled day one reservation holder with a 4 door Wildtrak? Asking for a friend.
It means what we have already been told, they will get a MY22.
Sponsored