Catmandu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Clubs

I was combing trough posted pics desperately trying to find a Carbonized Gray photo and I found what appears to be an image of the soft top rear window lifted. I had seen this reported earlier but discounted the feature based on the rear window seams. I did not think about the approach they appear to have taken in the photo. I also think that may possibly be a Carbonized Gray Badlands in the center.

2021 Bronco soft top rear opening and Carbonized Gray Badlands.png

Advertisement

AZHUND

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Might sound uninteresting to most people - but if that rear window does "lift" that is a huge + over a Wrangler soft top and would really love that feature for loading bulky stuff or dogs.

OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Clubs

Might sound uninteresting to most people - but if that rear window does "lift" that is a huge + over a Wrangler soft top and would really love that feature for loading bulky stuff or dogs.
I agree, one of least favorite things on my JKU was the rear window access.

TheWolf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GMC Sierra, (Former JKU owner)
I am 100% getting the soft top. Open-air experience with ease.

That rear opening to the trunk with the bar horizontally across the top of the tailgate for the rear window in my Wrangler was an irritation for sure.

If this is a way it can open, I wonder how it latches in the back with enough force to create good seals.

And how do the side windows connect? (in the wrangler, they kind of snap into or slide in a channel along the top of the tub) Clearly, the Jeep way to secure the window to the tub wouldn't be possible with this rear opening. Unless you have to un-secure the windows too, which would make this party trick not generally worth the effort.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco ... yet
Clubs

I did not think about the approach they appear to have taken in the photo.
I didn't either! I figured it'd lift up like the hard top. Pretty cool!

We've known about this since launch night and I can't believe they haven't officially showed it.

OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Clubs

If this is a way it can open, I wonder how it latches in the back with enough force to create good seals.

And how do the side windows connect? (in the wrangler, they kind of snap into or slide in a channel along the top of the tub) Clearly, the Jeep way to secure the window to the tub wouldn't be possible with this rear opening. Unless you have to un-secure the windows too, which would make this party trick not generally worth the effort.
1598964514003-png.png

I believe this photo gives us some clues with the rear tethers and the rear side arms.

OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Clubs

I didn't either! I figured it'd lift up like the hard top. Pretty cool!

We've known about this since launch night and I can't believe they haven't officially showed it.
You would think revealing more about the soft top would take some of the focus away from the hard top debacle.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Clubs

Ford really needs to show us how the soft top works, since they made it standard on all 4DR. I want to see video on how it works, what you have to take off to fold it all the way down, all of that. My current plan is to go soft top only.

But without ever even having seen the real thing, let alone seen it in action, I won't place an order.

Really strange that they have not shown this yet, but parade around fishing and overlanding and what not accessory loaded concepts.

Advertisement

Advertisement