Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1598964514003-png.png

I believe this photo gives us some clues with the rear tethers and the rear side arms.
If that's the case, there's no back window in the soft top.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did that come from??
This was posted on another thread a while back. When I first saw it, I was trying to make heads or tails of what they were trying to do with the frame. Seems to make a bit more sense now.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was posted on another thread a while back. When I first saw it, I was trying to make heads or tails of what they were trying to do with the frame. Seems to make a bit more sense now.
Nice memory haha

Yeah, the mechanisms make a lot more sense now

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1598964514003-png.png

I believe this photo gives us some clues with the rear tethers and the rear side arms.
That would make me rethink my aversion to the soft top!

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really needs to show us how the soft top works, since they made it standard on all 4DR. I want to see video on how it works, what you have to take off to fold it all the way down, all of that. My current plan is to go soft top only.

But without ever even having seen the real thing, let alone seen it in action, I won't place an order.

Really strange that they have not shown this yet, but parade around fishing and overlanding and what not accessory loaded concepts.
The only reason for them not doing it, would be that they are still working on some final tweaks with the product, so they don’t have a final version.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason for them not doing it, would be that they are still working on some final tweaks with the product, so they don’t have a final version.
This is very possible based, maybe the soft top team is leaning from the hard top teams missteps.

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was combing trough posted pics desperately trying to find a Carbonized Gray photo and I found what appears to be an image of the soft top rear window lifted. I had seen this reported earlier but discounted the feature based on the rear window seams. I did not think about the approach they appear to have taken in the photo. I also think that may possibly be a Carbonized Gray Badlands in the center.

View attachment 56270
When you find more Carb Grey I need to see it. There are virtually no photos of it

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1598964514003-png.png

That's not unlike the jeep top capability. those rear straps are a bit different. Side arms will certainly hold it and allow it to be folded back, but the rear windows still need a lower attachment for seal, as does the back.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great work catmandu!!

I’ve been all about the soft top from the beginning, love the looks of the safari style with windows removed. Love this feature too.

the soft top on the wrangler looks terrible because the rear portion slopes down, makes it look broken actually.

Bronco top looks straight and flat from front to back.
Ford Bronco Possible Bronco Soft Top Rear Opening Feature Pic! + Carbonized Gray Badlands 7DA303E9-2C9D-471E-9983-18411BFA75E1

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 100% getting the soft top. Open-air experience with ease.

That rear opening to the trunk with the bar horizontally across the top of the tailgate for the rear window in my Wrangler was an irritation for sure.

If this is a way it can open, I wonder how it latches in the back with enough force to create good seals.

And how do the side windows connect? (in the wrangler, they kind of snap into or slide in a channel along the top of the tub) Clearly, the Jeep way to secure the window to the tub wouldn't be possible with this rear opening. Unless you have to un-secure the windows too, which would make this party trick not generally worth the effort.
With ease, don't think we're sure of that yet. On my wrangler, I have to hop up onto my 35" rear tires in order to pull the soft top frame back up and over the rollbars. I'm 6 foot and the jeep only has a 2" lift.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was combing trough posted pics desperately trying to find a Carbonized Gray photo and I found what appears to be an image of the soft top rear window lifted. I had seen this reported earlier but discounted the feature based on the rear window seams. I did not think about the approach they appear to have taken in the photo. I also think that may possibly be a Carbonized Gray Badlands in the center.

View attachment 56270
I’m thinking this is big news! It should be on the newsfeed :)