Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With ease, don't think we're sure of that yet. On my wrangler, I have to hop up onto my 35" rear tires in order to pull the soft top frame back up and over the rollbars. I'm 6 foot and the jeep only has a 2" lift.
I totally understand....I am shorter than you, but I had the soft top dance down pat after 7 years :). The JL top looks a lot easier and I am hoping the Bronc is similar
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With ease, don't think we're sure of that yet. On my wrangler, I have to hop up onto my 35" rear tires in order to pull the soft top frame back up and over the rollbars. I'm 6 foot and the jeep only has a 2" lift.
Factory Willys wheeler W with 1.5" puck lift and factory tires wasn't an issue for me. Was tricky the first few times, but lots of reps helped me. I could be totally top down, windows rolled up in the best top carrier, and top secured with wide strips of velcro in about 5 minutes.

I undid the front latches and pushed the header bar up and back to put the front of the top open (like in sun rider mode,) pulled the fabric back as much as it would at each pleat over the rear area at the middle crossbar, un-hooked the soft top rails from the door surrounds, and then pulled down from the rear crossbar at the back of the jeep straight back.

I acquiesce that it isn't as easy as motorized convertibles, but I didn't even feel it to be a nuisance. But compared to the button side CJ-7 I had originally, it was easy.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory Willys wheeler W with 1.5" puck lift and factory tires wasn't an issue for me. Was tricky the first few times, but lots of reps helped me. I could be totally top down, windows rolled up in the best top carrier, and top secured with wide strips of velcro in about 5 minutes.

I undid the front latches and pushed the header bar up and back to put the front of the top open (like in sun rider mode,) pulled the fabric back as much as it would at each pleat over the rear area at the middle crossbar, un-hooked the soft top rails from the door surrounds, and then pulled down from the rear crossbar at the back of the jeep straight back.

I acquiesce that it isn't as easy as motorized convertibles, but I didn't even feel it to be a nuisance. But compared to the button side CJ-7 I had originally, it was easy.
getting it down isn't a problem. I can have the entire top off including the frame in a few minutes. Was just saying putting it up takes a bit longer and may 5'1 wife could not put my top back up by herself.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can still feel my fingers burning from snapping on the button top in the sun....which I had to do in order for it to stretch (y)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally understand....I am shorter than you, but I had the soft top dance down pat after 7 years :). The JL top looks a lot easier and I am hoping the Bronc is similas
Yeah curious to see how the Bronco one works. Ive had my wrangler for 7yrs and I have it down to a science. But ask my 5'1 wife to do it and no way in heck she could. Don't even think she could get on top of my tire.

Sponsored

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
getting it down isn't a problem. I can have the entire top off including the frame in a few minutes. Was just saying putting it up takes a bit longer and may 5'1 wife could not put my top back up by herself.
Oh yeah!! THAT took a learning curve for sure. I could get the top side latches to catch the elbow that folded the top into sunrider mode from the back. I can see how having it lifted, or being... less vertically gifted... would make that harder.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We haven't seen one video that clearly shows the most important features of the vehicle: removing the tops and doors

There is only one logical reason:

They are having issues and don't have it figured out yet.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Possible Bronco Soft Top Rear Opening Feature Pic! + Carbonized Gray Badlands Back

I get it's the flawed CGI B&P, but the Interior 360 view shows the hydraulics when you have the soft top enabled.
Good eye, another piece of the puzzle!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really amazes me what everyone can find and figure out on this forum. By the time Ford gets around to telling us stuff we know 90% of it :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really amazes me what everyone can find and figure out on this forum. By the time Ford gets around to telling us stuff we know 90% of it :ROFLMAO:
I am sure this will be exclusively featured on the BN site in a few months (y)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally understand....I am shorter than you, but I had the soft top dance down pat after 7 years :). The JL top looks a lot easier and I am hoping the Bronc is similas
JL is super easy! One hand and 30 seconds.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure this will be exclusively featured on the BN site in a few months (y)
Funny you should say that. The ford guy at the Bronco Celebration said they were going to make videos of both the hard and soft top usage and removal. I'm sure they will be up soon....

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you should say that. The ford guy at the Bronco Celebration said they were going to make videos of both the hard and soft top usage and removal. I'm sure they will be up soon....
While i did find the interiors video somewhat informative, it was kinda hard to watch. Hopefully something is released prior to the order window.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1598964514003-png.png

I believe this photo gives us some clues with the rear tethers and the rear side arms.
That was a ways back but got me thinking... is the soft top "modular"?

Here are a couple of recent pics that look like you can take the back wraparound off like above?

Ford Bronco Possible Bronco Soft Top Rear Opening Feature Pic! + Carbonized Gray Badlands race-red-wildtrak-bronco-4-door-soft-top-6-

Ford Bronco Possible Bronco Soft Top Rear Opening Feature Pic! + Carbonized Gray Badlands race-red-wildtrak-bronco-4-door-soft-top-14-

Maybe it's a zipper that allows you to take that off. Wouldn't need a bimini if that's the case. Hopeful thinking...
Sponsored