Sponsored

Possible I have a used part in my Bronco?

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is more of a ‘that’s weird’ as opposed to a complaint. Overall I generally like my new bronco. However, I noticed when I went to fill up for gas the first time that the capless fuel filler neck looked well used. I mean like, 10 years of use used. I attached a picture but it doesn’t quite do it justice to just how old it looks. Lots of nozzle scratching and the ‘easy fuel’ paint is well worn. Is it possible I got a used part? Again, not a huge deal but kind of a bummer. One thing I though of was that I have a two door silver base. The same as that one from the promo shots last year at Halloween. Is it possible that’s the bronco I was sold? Kidding. I hope...

Ford Bronco Possible I have a used part in my Bronco? 7A7E0F50-9C21-460A-9C9C-DD0154D66B22
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess it was damaged during transport and your dealer fixed it the quickest way possible. Agree it looks used.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is more of a ‘that’s weird’ as opposed to a complaint. Overall I generally like my new bronco. However, I noticed when I went to fill up for gas the first time that the capless fuel filler neck looked well used. I mean like, 10 years of use used. I attached a picture but it doesn’t quite do it justice to just how old it looks. Lots of nozzle scratching and the ‘easy fuel’ paint is well worn. Is it possible I got a used part? Again, not a huge deal but kind of a bummer. One thing I though of was that I have a two door silver base. The same as that one from the promo shots last year at Halloween. Is it possible that’s the bronco I was sol

Ford Bronco Possible I have a used part in my Bronco? 7A7E0F50-9C21-460A-9C9C-DD0154D66B22
Can you get another picture further away? I don't see the "Easter Egg" of the earlier generation Broncos.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any Bronco from last year would have been preproduction and would not be able to be sold as a production unit. I agree with the other post that it mostly likely may have been damaged upon delivery and your dealer may have remedied the quickest way possible.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The person on the assembly line swapped the one from their personal vehicle on to the Bronco you received and then they put the new on on their ride out in the employee parking lot, lol….Other then that scenario, Iam hard pressed to come up with another.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is more of a ‘that’s weird’ as opposed to a complaint. Overall I generally like my new bronco. However, I noticed when I went to fill up for gas the first time that the capless fuel filler neck looked well used. I mean like, 10 years of use used. I attached a picture but it doesn’t quite do it justice to just how old it looks. Lots of nozzle scratching and the ‘easy fuel’ paint is well worn. Is it possible I got a used part? Again, not a huge deal but kind of a bummer. One thing I though of was that I have a two door silver base. The same as that one from the promo shots last year at Halloween. Is it possible that’s the bronco I was sol

How many miles were on it when you received your Bronco?

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My theory on it is it possible that they put a Ford ranger gas cap instead of a Ford bronco gas cap on yours? Let’s not forget that the Ford Ranger is also being built on the same line and at the same time they’re building the Broncos there’s a very high possibility that somebody was not paying attention to the build that they were doing at the time.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you get another picture further away? I don't see the "Easter Egg" of the earlier generation Broncos.
@kboom180 If you are unable to take more pictures can you at least confirm whether the "Easter Egg" of the early generation Broncos are there?
For reference:
2021-bronco-easter-egg-under-fuel-door-jpg.jpg

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just Ford reverting back to 66'/67'/68' build practices lol.

OP
OP
kboom180

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@kboom180 If you are unable to take more pictures can you at least confirm whether the "Easter Egg" of the early generation Broncos are there?
For reference:
2021-bronco-easter-egg-under-fuel-door-jpg.jpg
I do have the Easter egg
This picture doesn’t even look like the fuel door of a new Bronco. Not square/flat panel and is like on a rounded body panel…and no 1st gen Easter Egg.
This picture doesn’t even look like the fuel door of a new Bronco. Not square/flat panel and is like on a rounded body panel…and no 1st gen Easter Egg.
is this a better view?

DF1929F4-647A-4E90-BECD-CD3C35511147.jpeg
Sponsored