Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my 2-door FE will be converted to a 2-door Badlands with insane priority. With everything making it a FE virtually, except it will now me antimatter blue instead of lighting blue.
Yeah, about that antimatter blue...
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your missing the fact dealers were warned multiple times of which FE orders were not buildable as entered in the order banks. Deadline passes and as far as Ford is concerned the affected FE orders were intentionally waiting for MY22 or 23, thus abandoning the FE reservation. There are many cases where this was intentional and legitimate. I don’t think Ford realized how many of these were lazy or incompetent dealers ignoring the warnings and not following up with the reservation holders.
Sounds accurate. Either the Dealers or the buyers are not paying attention, the buyers are not being informed, or one or the other don't care. Ford can only do so much, I hope potential buyers aren't being screwed by incompetent dealers.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
all of the details. Unless you are new here, or didn't read the rest of the thread.
I guess so. If people feel they have ordered a FE and the dealerships screwed them over that’s a shame. Also, your post is being read like an anonymous internet dick, but hopefully I am reading that wrong as well.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Ford directly and clearly notify FE customers that they had to change their roof to MIC, else they would not get an FE?

Otherwise how was the customer to know? Hope their dealer told them? Hang out a lot on 6G forum?
Yes. They did. Multiple times. And offered $1000+ in Ford Points for the issue. It affected all reservation holders.

If someone was dense enough to think they’d get a MY22 FE, then that’s a different issue all together.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes. They did. Multiple times. And offered $1000+ in Ford Points for the issue. It affected all reservation holders.

If someone was dense enough to think they’d get a MY22 FE, then that’s a different issue all together.
My last order sheet shows MIC not MOD;). Guess that didn’t matter.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s on the Dora if you have a copy of that..

But yes, you’re right, it would be nice for it to appear on the form reservation/order page. At this point the more transparency or general information they can offer would be their best bet with keeping the natives calm lol
Its on the original one, but I’ve got no clue if that has changed or updated unless I beg my dealer for a crumb of information. Even that, I’m not 100% sure I trust.
I can’t think of any other scenario where one looks to make such a big purchase and has little to no insight into their order.
The two sides (Ford and dealer) play hide and seek, point fingers, and look out for only their interests - not mine.
Ford has created an environment where our dealers actuallyWANT us to walk away from our orders so they can price gouge.

nealpark

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr FE / 2013 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How many vehicles besides the Bronco has Ford offered customers the ability to reserve directly? They've still got some kinks to work out as far as what information is necessary or nice to be visible by the customer.

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you didn’t shift to soft-top in June when all of the top issues were well known that is your problem. Also Ford was very specific that there was a line for each of the models that were separate so if your dealer had a lot of badlands, wild track, etc. buyers with earlier reservations it could have filled their allocation. Nothing was guaranteed. You are better off with a badlands anyway.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes but patrons are being punished because of dealer stupidity. I don’t know why Ford doesn’t just sell directly.
I agree dealers are stupid but tbh there are a lot of rules and changes dealers had to abide by due to Fords F ups with this launch

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd suggest emailing your dealer about putting you first in line for their very first raptor at MSRP to make it up to you. Doubt it will work, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Great idea, but I'd be willing to bet he'd be waiting until '24MY for his Raptor

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did Ford directly and clearly notify FE customers that they had to change their roof to MIC, else they would not get an FE?

Otherwise how was the customer to know? Hope their dealer told them? Hang out a lot on 6G forum?

Yes.... Ford did actually contact all those that ordered FE Broncos and inform them they needed to change the roof selection. On top of that Ford contacted the dealers and advised them of the same thing. That is why Im not going to blame Ford on this one. We dont know if the OP changed to the required MIC top.... and if he did that would mean the dealer didnt take his FE off of code 99 once the change was made.

Neither instance is the result of any wrong doing of Ford. Yes it does suck that the initially offered options they couldnt deliver on.....But they did offer resolution to still get an FE.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't have an FE order but this is really a pathetic example of Ford's complete failure on this launch. Ford should make every FE reservation holder whole in some way but I doubt they will attempt to do anything. I do have a 7/14 reservation converted to order in March and all I have a bunch of silly emails from Ford. No contact whatsoever from my dealer. I'm loosing faith in Ford and interest in the Bronco by the day!

VikingLars

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't have an FE order but this is really a pathetic example of Ford's complete failure on this launch. Ford should make every FE reservation holder whole in some way but I doubt they will attempt to do anything. I do have a 7/14 reservation converted to order in March and all I have a bunch of silly emails from Ford. No contact whatsoever from my dealer. I'm loosing faith in Ford and interest in the Bronco by the day!
Agreed. But many dealers did really poor job, too. I think my dealer screwed up the order process, and when they couldn't figure it out, just shrugged. Ford was no help to them. And the Bronco hotline is a waste of time. Ford AND the dealer should have been working to make sure these customers were taken care of. Instead, I've been stuck hounding them for info. And the true gatekeepers - reps at Ford - are not accessible.

If they were going to let folks reserve direct, then they should have provided more info to them all along. If not, then run it all through the dealers. The "hybrid" approach utilized was a POS!!
Sponsored