Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The number of FE reservations was actually 7000. Ford will actually build a lot less than that, but it’s because reservation holders decided to order another trim, not order a Bronco at all, 99 their order to wait for a mod top or dual top, or in these cases we’ve seen last couple days the dealer made an error in the order bank.
3500 originally... Those ones were all reserved on the 1st day. Another 3500 were added much later
Sponsored

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is such a bunch of crap one thing after another, i am so glad i got tired if it all and got a jeep ford is dropping the ball left and right...
Depending on how the next couple of weeks go once the MY22 order banks open, I may start looking for a jeep myself. No way am I going to wait another year for a bronco!

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3500 originally... Those ones were all reserved on the 1st day. Another 3500 were added much later
I just checked my saved emails and the email formally notifying FE reservationists of the 3500 to 7000 increase was sent on 7/21/2020, about a week after reveal night. My original FE reservation confirmation email arrived on 7/15/20 (reserved a little after midnight on 7/14/20). One thought out there has been that a reveal night glitch (and there were many) in the system was with the counting of FE reservations. I haven't really seen anyone with an FE timestamp beyond the early hours of 7/14/20, so tend to believe they were all given out within the first 8-12 hours, if not sooner. The word from Ford then came a week later.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is the OP confused, I though the statement letter was pretty straight forward.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind if I ask where you got that information? It makes sense.....but when will we know that FORD has done their end....so that we can go to the Dealer and make our changes and un-99 it?
Craig have you had any discussions with your dealer? I have already scheduled with mine to sit down with him next week/weekend after the 13th to reorder assuming Ford sticks to that date. If you haven't I would suggest just calling and arranging it. It does have to happen, not sure why there is so much mystery on here about it (not suggesting you).

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is the OP confused, I though the statement letter was pretty straight forward.
I think because he believed he had a valid order that did not have a painted top or a 99 code, he said he communicated with his dealer to accept the MIC top substitution, and therefore should have been clean to schedule.

something got missed apparently but at this point, how would you know? My dealer sent me the order summary which showed the build priority code, but not all dealers have been automatically sharing those with reservation holders; and how would a person know to ask for it?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Craig have you had any discussions with your dealer? I have already scheduled with mine to sit down with him next week/weekend after the 13th to reorder assuming Ford sticks to that date. If you haven't I would suggest just calling and arranging it. It does have to happen, not sure why there is so much mystery on here about it (not suggesting you).
Yes. He said it is automatically re-ordered and we need to do nothing. He is the first to admit that the communication from Ford to the Dealers is terrible. Since there are some changes in the Black Diamond, the bumpers for one...I do need to make some changes. I am not sure this is as much a mystery as much as confusion and terrible information sent out by Ford. I fully intend to get with him and get mine re-ordered. I just don't want some screw up to occur and lose my reservation stamp, not get un-99ed, etc.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is absolutely not true. All were made opening night due to a website glitch (thought to be 3,500 each 2 door & 4 door). You will never see an FE reservation time stamp beyond the first day.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
All non-FE orders will be converted to 22MY and 99ed so that they cannot be built…
So 100,000 orders will need to be taken off 99.
What’s the MY22 rules for the order this is done because it didn’t work well for some of these FEs
Ford owes all a priority status update prior to the start of MY22 scheduling.
It’s simple transparency

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll throw some plot thickener into this pot of fun. To be upfront, I am not upset about this and half expected it to happen.

I am a 7/14 reservation holder. I placed my FE order on 9/30/21, maybe I'll get a last First Edition. I just got an e-mail from my dealer that my order needs to be downgraded to a lower model and will be a MY22.

I asked him to verify that my order is affected because I read this thread that it only affected 99's. His answer to quote, " Yes my ford rep called and said that it needs to be switched from the first edition by tonight or else it will be a cancelled reservation. It can still be priority 99 it just cannot be the first edition. They stopped building those in September according to the rep. "

So are not all 7000 FE's being produced? Or is he going to get my allocated FE on his lot? I've asked him to call me if he does. I don't expect to get that call.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got off the phone with my dealer after showing up twice today. Also showed up in person two weeks (ish) ago to check on it, told it was good and awaiting a to be scheduled.

My 2 door FE was canceled.
  • first hour reservation
  • Ordered 1/20
  • Top converted a week or two later due to scheduling concerns.

So much for HANGING in there.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not remotely true. All 7000 were reserved on opening night.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you are mistaken. It wasn’t “much later” as all 7000 FE reservations were sold out within hours. Ford played it off as if they doubled the number on purpose but the theory I have arrived at (possibly inaccurate but if less than 3500 two or four doors are made it will support that theory) is that either Ford accidentally allowed 3500 TWO door AND 3500 FOUR doors to be reserved instead if 3500 total without regard for the mix of 2/4 doors. This is why it’s odd that some people complained about them switching it to 7000 because it’s likely MANY of those complaining only got an FE reservation because of the screwup.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got off the phone with my dealer after showing up twice today. Also showed up in person two weeks (ish) ago to check on it, told it was good and awaiting a to be scheduled.

My 2 door FE was canceled.
  • first hour reservation
  • Ordered 1/20
  • Top converted a week or two later due to scheduling concerns.

So much for HANGING in there.
darn that sucks to hear. are You saying you switched the top in late Jan/Early Feb? Because I don’t think they knew about the MIC issue at least publicly back then. Or am I mistaken?

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Depending on how the next couple of weeks go once the MY22 order banks open, I may start looking for a jeep myself. No way am I going to wait another year for a bronco!
I agree it is by June 2022 or it will be a jeep
Sponsored