First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll throw some plot thickener into this pot of fun. To be upfront, I am not upset about this and half expected it to happen.

I am a 7/14 reservation holder. I placed my FE order on 9/30/21, maybe I'll get a last First Edition. I just got an e-mail from my dealer that my order needs to be downgraded to a lower model and will be a MY22.

I asked him to verify that my order is affected because I read this thread that it only affected 99's. His answer to quote, " Yes my ford rep called and said that it needs to be switched from the first edition by tonight or else it will be a cancelled reservation. It can still be priority 99 it just cannot be the first edition. They stopped building those in September according to the rep. "

So are not all 7000 FE's being produced? Or is he going to get my allocated FE on his lot? I've asked him to call me if he does. I don't expect to get that call.
I think it’s been stated many times not all 7000 will be built but I had not heard they stopped building them in Sept. so not sure if that’s true. If it is I have one of the last FE’s built I guess which is neat but doesn’t outweigh the suck of people who waited forever like me only to get screwed over.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll throw some plot thickener into this pot of fun. To be upfront, I am not upset about this and half expected it to happen.

I am a 7/14 reservation holder. I placed my FE order on 9/30/21, maybe I'll get a last First Edition. I just got an e-mail from my dealer that my order needs to be downgraded to a lower model and will be a MY22.

I asked him to verify that my order is affected because I read this thread that it only affected 99's. His answer to quote, " Yes my ford rep called and said that it needs to be switched from the first edition by tonight or else it will be a cancelled reservation. It can still be priority 99 it just cannot be the first edition. They stopped building those in September according to the rep. "

So are not all 7000 FE's being produced? Or is he going to get my allocated FE on his lot? I've asked him to call me if he does. I don't expect to get that call.
Lie, mine is being built the week of 10/25 I’ve seen 11/16 as the latest. You waited to long to order. There was a 03/19 deadline.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s been stated many times not all 7000 will be built but I had not heard they stopped building them in Sept. so not sure if that’s true. If it is I have one of the last FE’s built I guess which is neat but doesn’t outweigh the suck of people who waited forever like me only to get screwed over.
If you have a VIN your fine. There will be many FEs built everyday until mid November.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

darn that sucks to hear. are You saying you switched the top in late Jan/Early Feb? Because I don’t think they knew about the MIC issue at least publicly back then. Or am I mistaken?
Mine was swapped rather quick because they didn't want it to be delayed with the Oct 2020 infomation.

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633651585391

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633651674335

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated with the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Posted by @Ksjrb03

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633651674335

Original post

Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

They clearly explained the reasons why it would happen, all of which your dealer should have been well aware of.

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lie, mine is being built the week of 10/25 I’ve seen 11/16 as the latest. You waited to long to order. There was a 03/19 deadline.
I agree. I’m fine with it.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just checked my saved emails and the email formally notifying FE reservationists of the 3500 to 7000 increase was sent on 7/21/2020, about a week after reveal night. My original FE reservation confirmation email arrived on 7/15/20 (reserved a little after midnight on 7/14/20). One thought out there has been that a reveal night glitch (and there were many) in the system was with the counting of FE reservations. I haven't really seen anyone with an FE timestamp beyond the early hours of 7/14/20, so tend to believe they were all given out within the first 8-12 hours, if not sooner. The word from Ford then came a week later.
Yes I think they were all sold within 4 hours or so of launch based on what time stamps I have seen. The delay in Ford announcing the 7000 was probably because they had to run it through legal to decide whether they could be sued for advertising a 1 of 3500 deal it building more or if it was more liability for them to cancel 3500 orders on people. This might also be why they aren’t numbered because if you are # 10 or 1400 etc you could possibly have more of a legal case for them doubling the # and diluting the value of your rare vehicle. If you don’t know if you are possibly #3501-7000, meaning you be fitted from the error, it lessens the chance someone would take legal action. It looks like they are going to end up keeping it around 3500 the way its going.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I find REALLY funny, is that yesterday I got an email from for stating that I get a free subscription to Bronco Nation...... next day........Hey Jeff, you bronco is canceled. What in the absolute Fuh-kuh......

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633652033287

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes I think they were all sold within 4 hours or so of launch based on what time stamps I have seen. The delay in Ford announcing the 7000 was probably because they had to run it through legal to decide whether they could be sued for advertising a 1 of 3500 deal it building more or if it was more liability for them to cancel 3500 orders on people. This might also be why they aren’t numbered because if you are # 10 or 1400 etc you could possibly have more of a legal case for them doubling the # and diluting the value of your rare vehicle. If you don’t know if you are possibly #3501-7000, meaning you be fitted from the error, it lessens the chance someone would take legal action. It looks like they are going to end up keeping it around 3500 the way its going.
I think it would be a safe bet that the number went from 3500-7000 and now back down to 4500 ish first editions. Probably less.

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change the trim and 99 it until they release options and trim for 2022.
That’s what I did, changed to Badlands. Kinda hoping for Mansquatch anyway.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Updated with the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Posted by @Ksjrb03

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633652033287

Original post

Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

Do you have a reservation time stamp?

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I find REALLY funny, is that yesterday I got an email from for stating that I get a free subscription to Bronco Nation...... next day........Hey Jeff, you bronco is canceled. What in the absolute Fuh-kuh......

I was thinking this was a strategic marketing move to ease some pain.

Oactec

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang CS/GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

May be some truth to this. My FE was built on 9/29/21 and I took delivery today.
Sponsored