Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not remotely true. All 7000 were reserved on opening night.
Lol. Google it... It was more than a week after reservations opened that Ford announced the doubling...
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked my saved emails and the email formally notifying FE reservationists of the 3500 to 7000 increase was sent on 7/21/2020, about a week after reveal night. My original FE reservation confirmation email arrived on 7/15/20 (reserved a little after midnight on 7/14/20). One thought out there has been that a reveal night glitch (and there were many) in the system was with the counting of FE reservations. I haven't really seen anyone with an FE timestamp beyond the early hours of 7/14/20, so tend to believe they were all given out within the first 8-12 hours, if not sooner. The word from Ford then came a week later.
Maybe they fucked up then... But you're right. The announcement came later

mmr305

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK, a post is made with a sensational headline suggesting that Ford is doing something nefarious with First Edition orders.

Then the actual communication is belatedly added, making it clear that the only FE orders that are being messed with are (1) those that were fraudulent and where there was no actual buyer (no time stamp), (2) where the FE buyer decided they wanted a MY 22 or otherwise voluntarily gave up the FE, or (3) where the buyer sat on their hands and didn't specify a buildable configuration (the black painted top issue, along with a corresponding 2K price reduction, was announced about a year ago folks!).

And yet the "outrage" - and the outrageous headline - remain. SMH.

I guess its very much in tune with the times!
Or the people who where in communication with their dealers the whole time but the dealer thought they had to leave their orders in 99 status because “there wasn’t any hard tops”.

Dont jump to conclusions bro.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have an FE order but this is really a pathetic example of Ford's complete failure on this launch. Ford should make every FE reservation holder whole in some way but I doubt they will attempt to do anything. I do have a 7/14 reservation converted to order in March and all I have a bunch of silly emails from Ford. No contact whatsoever from my dealer. I'm loosing faith in Ford and interest in the Bronco by the day!
What is your expectation of the dealer? I’m asking Bc for the life of me I can’t figure it out. Do you want them to call you every week and say “hey shit is still the same”? My dealer has been very responsive but I’ve also taken the initiative to check in periodically because at the end of the day it’s ultimately going to be my car. People have some seriously high expectations. I reserved put my order in and have been making it a point to talk with my dealer. Usually I have better info then they do.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you didn’t shift to soft-top in June when all of the top issues were well known that is your problem. Also Ford was very specific that there was a line for each of the models that were separate so if your dealer had a lot of badlands, wild track, etc. buyers with earlier reservations it could have filled their allocation. Nothing was guaranteed. You are better off with a badlands anyway.
You can't get a first edition with a soft top. Same as Wildtrak.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is your expectation of the dealer? I’m asking Bc for the life of me I can’t figure it out. Do you want them to call you every week and say “hey shit is still the same”? My dealer has been very responsive but I’ve also taken the initiative to check in periodically because at the end of the day it’s ultimately going to be my car. People have some seriously high expectations. I reserved put my order in and have been making it a point to talk with my dealer. Usually I have better info then they do.
i tried taking to my dealer for a long while, they could never answer anything, and when I asked them about how many FEs were going to be in Utah, I was told 9000. That is when I gave up for quite sometime. Then in August I connected back and started speaking with other sales reps and managers.

funny story though, only bronco to come in through my dealer was for the ordering manager, Isn’t that some shit.

VikingLars

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They can do something other than say "aww shucks...I don't know why your order doesn't say FE even though you have a reservation. Oh well!" Either find the answer from Ford, or quit being a gatekeeper and give me the contact info of the person at Ford who can answer the question.

What is a reasonable expectation? That they know how to use their ordering systems and when they are not getting the info matching what their customer orders, they get it straightened out. It's not a sandwich. It's a fucking $60k+ sale.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My expectation is to have some direct communication from the dealer in the 8 months since I placed the order. They gladly took my deposit. I have always had to contact them to follow up on things I've found from this forum or other sources. ( i.e. hardtop liner). If Ford expects the dealer to be the line of communication then they need to encourage them to actually work with customers. I've purchase both an Expedition and and F150 from this dealer. I've also attended an off-roadeo so I am I guess what Ford might refer to as a motivated and loyal customer. I'm not feeling any loyalty or even consideration at this point. Why is it I'm responsible for digging up every detail and knowledge on changes to the product offering and have to contact the dealer who should be the the knowledgeable representative of Ford. The dealer should exhibit some form of customer server as an arm of Ford. The sign on the outside in huge letters says FORD! Yes these are all first world problems but I'm sure business schools will be teaching this fiasco on how not to launch a vehicle for years to come. Meanwhile, I'm still wheeling my jeeps and having fun!

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you didn’t shift to soft-top in June when all of the top issues were well known that is your problem. Also Ford was very specific that there was a line for each of the models that were separate so if your dealer had a lot of badlands, wild track, etc. buyers with earlier reservations it could have filled their allocation. Nothing was guaranteed. You are better off with a badlands anyway.
But FE buyers ( which this thread is about) couldn’t switch to a soft top

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol. Google it... It was more than a week after reservations opened that Ford announced the doubling...
All First Editons were reserved the first night. I know because the morning after when I told someone I grabbed one they tried and they were sold out. It’s also pretty common knowledge in this forum among FE followers that no one has a timestamp on one much past 4 hours from launch, give or take an hour.

Sponsored
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed. But many dealers did really poor job, too. I think my dealer screwed up the order process, and when they couldn't figure it out, just shrugged. Ford was no help to them. And the Bronco hotline is a waste of time. Ford AND the dealer should have been working to make sure these customers were taken care of. Instead, I've been stuck hounding them for info. And the true gatekeepers - reps at Ford - are not accessible.

If they were going to let folks reserve direct, then they should have provided more info to them all along. If not, then run it all through the dealers. The "hybrid" approach utilized was a POS!!
I think this is true. Because MY a first edition got put on a 99 even after I had ok’ed the change to a MIC. It was about 2 months later and I had to fight to get the DORA but when they sent it I saw it and freaked out a bit. Had I not fought to see that I would be one of those getting left out looking in. Hoping I will not have any issues tomorrow when I go to pick it up.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All First Editons were reserved the first night. I know because the morning after when I told someone I grabbed one they tried and they were sold out. It’s also pretty common knowledge in this forum among FE followers that no one has a timestamp on one much past 4 hours from launch, give or take an hour.
I feel the same my reservation was first edition on launch night within 10 minutes and then the next morning they added 3500 more not a week later

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel the same my reservation was first edition on launch night within 10 minutes and then the next morning they added 3500 more not a week later
also still waiting on dirt mountain since 8/11 but at least it is built just waiting maybe chirstmas delivery who knows mune is also affected by the air bag so thy say

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no evidence they added 3500 FE's a week later -- the email officially letting people know 3500 FE's were added came out a week later. It's much more likely they accidentally let way too many FE's get reserved on day one, and they had to add 3500 more to cover their asses.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's no evidence they added 3500 FE's a week later -- the email officially letting people know 3500 FE's were added came out a week later. It's much more likely they accidentally let way too many FE's get reserved on day one, and they had to add 3500 more to cover their asses.
Exactly. The delay in announcing that change was because they had to figure out whether they should cancel every reservation placed after the 3500 to maintain exclusivity and prevent liability or accept them all to not upset the second 3500 group. It was decided since these were merely reservations that if someone decided 1 of 7000 wasn’t exclusive enough they could simply get their $100 back So they went with it.
Sponsored