First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So what is needed are bronco condemns? :rolleyes: Thanks for the update. One less issue to worry about. I watched a video where they purchased a Besttop soft top to solve this problem. It is a father and son team that has a YouTube channel. To bad they didn't read this.
Yes, my first fix was condoms made from plastic wrapper. Worked great lol. As said, there are many ways you could fix this, I like simple and quick. I’m sure someone will come out with an aftermarket condom, especially after more of these rattly tops are out in the wild. I’ll keep using tape until then.

F8D592DA-404F-43DA-8F8B-E4B9416DF75E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that my front popping has stopped, I have heard something from the back. However, I haven't dug into yet. Sounds like it is coming from the way back. Vehicle is being wrapped this week and the OEM protection on the lip where the rear top sits will get new PPF. Waiting to see if that helps. I am almost tempted to ask him to replace my flocking tape with PPF scraps.
Nice looking Golden. (y)

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that my front popping has stopped, I have heard something from the back. However, I haven't dug into yet. Sounds like it is coming from the way back. Vehicle is being wrapped this week and the OEM protection on the lip where the rear top sits will get new PPF. Waiting to see if that helps. I am almost tempted to ask him to replace my flocking tape with PPF scraps.
Update: I did have him do PPF where I had put the flocking tape. Unfortunately, the silence only lasted a day and had to put the flocking tape back on. The rear also still made some noise. I applied a silicon coating to the rubber areas on the back window where it could rub (the noise wasn't the same as the pin in hole popping). That seemed to have really quieted it down. Now it sounds like my Wrangler. I just spray some of the Blaster Silcon spray on a cloth and rub on the rubber.

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, my first fix was condoms made from plastic wrapper. Worked great lol. As said, there are many ways you could fix this, I like simple and quick. I’m sure someone will come out with an aftermarket condom, especially after more of these rattly tops are out in the wild. I’ll keep using tape until then.

Ford Bronco Solution for popping/rattling MIC top! F8D592DA-404F-43DA-8F8B-E4B9416DF75E
I tried simply loosening the latch just a tiny bit and found it pretty much eliminated the popping noise. I think the turn latch rubs against the guide pin as seen in your picture.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So finally after 3543 miles, my top started popping. Gotta say, it's pretty annoying. I'm not going to bother fixing it though because the soft top goes on Saturday.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: I did have him do PPF where I had put the flocking tape. Unfortunately, the silence only lasted a day and had to put the flocking tape back on. The rear also still made some noise. I applied a silicon coating to the rubber areas on the back window where it could rub (the noise wasn't the same as the pin in hole popping). That seemed to have really quieted it down. Now it sounds like my Wrangler. I just spray some of the Blaster Silcon spray on a cloth and rub on the rubber.
Great looking Golden. They are great dogs!!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These MIC tops won’t last the three year factory warranty. I hope the mythical MOD top bolts right up to the already produced Broncos. Ford s in for a world of hurt due to warranty claims on these tops.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this old thread. My plastic pins have never been a problem. However the metalic pins (front above rearview mirror) rattle against the metalic spots they rest in. I've used electrical tape and that lasted about 5000 miles. Anyone think of a better/durable solution for this area?

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this old thread. My plastic pins have never been a problem. However the metalic pins (front above rearview mirror) rattle against the metalic spots they rest in. I've used electrical tape and that lasted about 5000 miles. Anyone think of a better/durable solution for this area?
Oh yeah I solved this one back in 2021.. There is a thread somewhere.

Convertible silicon lube. Buy a can, lubricate all of the gaskets and the pins, follow the directions on the can but basically let it sit a few and wipe it off extra with a dry cloth.

I did it twice about 2 months apart and have not had squeaks or pops with my VERY EARLY MIC 2.0 top in years..

My MIC top is completely silent other than wind noise and the lube doesn't attract dirt as it doesn't stay wet like an oil.

Pretty sure I used this stuff.

Squeak/pop free since Nov 2021.. about 15K miles, mostly down trails.

Ford Bronco Solution for popping/rattling MIC top! 1693431283086

Last edited:

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah I solved this one back in 2021.. There is a thread somewhere.

Convertible silicon lube. Buy a can, lubricate all of the gaskets and the pins, follow the directions on the can but basically let it sit a few and wipe it off extra with a dry cloth.

I did it twice about 2 months apart and have not had squeaks or pops with my VERY EARLY MIC 2.0 top in years..

My is completely silent other than wind noise and the lube doesn't attract dirt as it doesn't stay wet like an oil.

Pretty sure I used this stuff.

Squeak/pop free since Nov 2021.. about 15K miles, mostly down trails.

Ford Bronco Solution for popping/rattling MIC top! 1693431283086
Interesting. I already coated in Ford recommended krytox lube (works great on tailgate). Only several layers of electrical tape seemed to work as buffer on the mentioned metalic MIC pins. My situation could be exasperated from my roof panels not being perfectly aligned (driver panel sits high). I may adjust mounts when I start troubleshooting again.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I already coated in Ford recommended krytox lube (works great on tailgate). Only several layers of electrical tape seemed to work as buffer on the mentioned metalic MIC pins. My situation could be exasperated from my roof panels not being perfectly aligned (driver panel sits high). I may adjust mounts when I start troubleshooting again.
Mine sounded like the old TFL video floating around. Incredibly irritating creaks and pops coming from all over.. Distracting while driving. I found the gaskets and pins both make their own noises so both needed lubed pretty well. It's worked perfect for me..

Your results may vary, naturally. For only $9 a can, its an easy fix to test though.
Sponsored