Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

Anyone know if it’s possible to take apart the interior grab handles and paint them?
Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

Anyone know if it’s possible to take apart the interior grab handles and paint them?
I've been thinking the same. They can certainly come apart based on images I've seen but once the Bronco was in my possession, I noticed that the colored portion is a pretty hard smooth rubbery plastic. I'm honestly not sure how well paint will take to it. Once I felt/noticed that I decided against trying it out.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been thinking the same. They can certainly come apart based on images I've seen but once the Bronco was in my possession, I noticed that the colored portion is a pretty hard smooth rubbery plastic. I'm honestly not sure how well paint will take to it. Once I felt/noticed that I decided against trying it out.
🤔 ok. Thank you.

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to hijack the thread, but on a similar note, does anyone know if ford will be selling the handles from various trims separately? I’m really into the green featured on the Everglades pics.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rules of engineering:
1. Always use the right tool.
2. The right tool is always a hammer.
3. If you don't have a hammer, any object can be used as a hammer.

Sponsored

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,

The Grab handles are fairly easy to remove. Just use the hex bits provided in your Bronco toolkit to remove the couple of bolts on each of them. I did that and then instead of painting them I bought these vinyl inlays for them to get the color I wanted. They're from Stickerfab and they have a bunch of good products for the Bronco...

https://www.stickerfab.com/collecti...center-grab-handle-stripe-overlay-2021-bronco

https://www.stickerfab.com/collecti...dle-stripe-overlays-full-coverage-2021-bronco

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having just had mine off to put the auto stop eliminator in, they look to be molded around the aluminum inside, so the vinyl inlays are probably the best bet to change the color.
Sponsored