Sponsored

Possible to add grab handles like these?

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be possible to add grab handles like these…

Ford Bronco Possible to add grab handles like these? 249E520D-DF7D-4C3B-B835-EDECAFA5F8F7

by mounting them two these two screws…

Ford Bronco Possible to add grab handles like these? 96F08AC5-56B1-46DA-A444-9AE3E783C36B

or is that a bad idea due to the side curtain airbags? I ask because my wife could use the assist to get in and the current handle doesn’t work well for leverage on the passenger side.
Sponsored

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Awesome post. Number 1 issue that my wife and daughter complain about. Just ordered the Bartact handles.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! See, the forum can be productive and for something other than complaints!!!
Ugh, your positive comment is tiring me out. Someone hurry up and tell OP to use the search feature or something! :ROFLMAO:

@Texasex - Thanks for sharing that link. Those look like they could be handy. No issues with air bags I assume?

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting concept. It seems like they won't interfere with the airbag, as they could just swing up, but who knows. Airbags deploy at insane speeds, the handle might not move fast enough and damage the bag?

I've seen a post where somebody added something very similar but homemade, basically the same idea but just a strap without that big rubber handle, which I'm sure would not interfere with airbags, not much mass. But also not as comfortable to hold on to I guess.

I'll keep an eye on these here though. At least for passenger side, I think they'd bug me hitting my head every time I enter or exit the car, I'm 6'3.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like these, and my wife also had difficulty getting in a demo bronco, but will they interfere with the door window sealing? (Besides the airbags)

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting concept. It seems like they won't interfere with the airbag, as they could just swing up, but who knows. Airbags deploy at insane speeds, the handle might not move fast enough and damage the bag?

I've seen a post where somebody added something very similar but homemade, basically the same idea but just a strap without that big rubber handle, which I'm sure would not interfere with airbags, not much mass. But also not as comfortable to hold on to I guess.

I'll keep an eye on these here though. At least for passenger side, I think they'd bug me hitting my head every time I enter or exit the car, I'm 6'3.
Here's the Paracord version from Bartact - https://www.bartact.com/products/ro...3&_sid=09459614d&_ss=r&variant=39511494033451

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like these, and my wife also had difficulty getting in a demo bronco, but will they interfere with the door window sealing? (Besides the airbags)
Shouldn't affect window sealing as these are screwed in on the cabin side of the roll bar, not the window side.

Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldn't affect window sealing as these are screwed in on the cabin side of the roll bar, not the window side.
Ah Okay, even better. I saw a wrap around design on their website. I should have tried your hyperlink. Thanks!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn, I ordered the other version from Bartact before the paracord version was available. Would have been cool to get paracord to match the blue trim in my BD. Oh well, my vertically challenged wife will be happy either way.

EDIT: Nope, just realized they were available before I placed my order, I just didn't notice that option. Oh well...

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, I ordered the other version from Bartact before the paracord version was available. Would have been cool to get paracord to match the blue trim in my BD. Oh well, my vertically challenged wife will be happy either way.

EDIT: Nope, just realized they were available before I placed my order, I just didn't notice that option. Oh well...
Do you like them? does it work well attached to those bolts? any flex in the plastic cover on the roll bar?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you like them? does it work well attached to those bolts? any flex in the plastic cover on the roll bar?
I'll have to get back to you on that. The grab handles finally shipped today, and the Bronco is still in transit but expected to arrive end of next week or beginning of the following week.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond