Sponsored

Possible to change my order after VIN is given?

JermSells

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
g
Run the VIN tracker. Your color comes up along with your ordered accessories.
His point is that Nothing in the VIn delineates the color. Yes the VIN has an assigned color, but changing the color does not and would not affect the VIN. Other configs would, such as engine, and Body type, etc.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good choice Lee. I saw your other post about your dealer making an "advantageous" mistake with your Bronco order. I think we all know how this "mistake" was made, and there would have been no way in hell I would have let them have the Bronco on their lot either. I don't think you'll lose any money.
Thanks. As someone else posted, it could be a real goldmine. I'm trying to put the most positive spin on my situation.

Been talking to some vinyl graphic and advertising designers that want to get their hands on a real life Bronco. Hopefully that can develop into something that results either in making money or at least a free graphic wrap

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Run the VIN tracker. Your color comes up along with your ordered accessories.
Just because Ford has data that includes what color they produced a particular vehicle doesn't mean it's part of the VIN. I supplied the VIN info. There's simply no place for color to be stored in the VIN. Ford could probably tell us a huge amount of information about our vehicles based on VIN. Many things that aren't coded into the VIN.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A51 is a good choice. Unique for the bronco family, unique for the year. Velocity blue may look "better" to you right now, but it's a cheap option available on every single ford year after year. Most people think it looks cheap compared to other blues
*cough*

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Color is not part of the VIN. Color code is separate.

Digit 1-3: The World Manufacturer Identification code. Digit 1 is the country of assembly
Digits 4-8: Vehicle attributes such as body style, model and engine type
Digit 9: Check Digit to validate the VIN
Digits 10: Model year
Digit 11: Manufacturing location
Digits 12-17: Serial number

The paint code for my Ford Escape is UG. There is no "UG" in my VIN number.
An OASIS report the service department runs to check for warranty start date and recalls has this info. On the inside of your door frame is a white sticker that has VIN and a bunch of other stuff. One of the things is your paint code.
Ford Bronco Possible to change my order after VIN is given? EA454F33-9048-4FCB-A4C7-0313569AA65A

Incidentally, this was off a 4 door BL 2.3 SAS at the Texas O-R. Here is what the top part of an OASIS looks like.

Ford Bronco Possible to change my order after VIN is given? 1623154237836

Damn shame all of these are pre production will end up getting crushed. :cry:

Last edited:

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An OASIS report the service department runs to check for warranty start date and recalls has this info. On the inside of your door frame is a white sticker that has VIN and a bunch of other stuff. One of the things is your paint code.
Ford Bronco Possible to change my order after VIN is given? 1623154237836
Yes.

I was trying to explain to ReimundKrohn that the paint code is not part of the VIN. This helps explain that as well. No "Y", "Z" or "YZ" in the VIN. :)

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes, don't :poop: on his color choice.:D Maybe his wife saw A51 in person and vetoed it. I've heard of that happening before.;)
Not shitting on his choice. I bet most of us have changed our opinions on color choice many times. I have. Just offering positive reinforcement on his final color choice (at time of order). Helps to reduce buyers remorse

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not shitting on his choice. I bet most of us have changed our opinions on color choice many times. I have. Just offering positive reinforcement on his final color choice (at time of order). Helps to reduce buyers remorse
For the record, I said pooping. šŸ˜„

That said, A51 is no longer exclusive to the Bronco, so that's no longer an "advantage."

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A51 is a good choice. Unique for the bronco family, unique for the year. Velocity blue may look "better" to you right now, but it's a cheap option available on every single ford year after year. Most people think it looks cheap compared to other blues
Yep...I keep saying this to myself :unsure:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the record, I said pooping. šŸ˜„

That said, A51 is no longer exclusive to the Bronco, so that's no longer an "advantage."
Yep I think Ford misses the target by ā€œblandingā€ out their color palette across their lineup. I see Area 51, CO, cactus are offered on their truck platforms.

Hey Ford itā€™s ok to make a few colors that are just bronco exclusive..

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
color exclusivity is often reserved for Ford Performance products. For example, Avalanche Gray.

I bet Code Orange will be exclusive to the GEN3 Raptor BUT could appear in other Ford performance products.

And I bet the Warthog will have a special color that will not be available on the Bronco.

Yep I think Ford misses the target by ā€œblandingā€ out their color palette across their lineup. I see Area 51, CO, cactus are offered on their truck platforms.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think every model should have at least one exclusive color. If Ford sells enough of a vehicle that it's worth selling, then there's enough volume to have at least one model-exclusive color.

The new Maverick has several Bronco colors available: Shadow Black, Oxford White, Area 51, Cactus Grey, Carbonized Grey, Cyber Orange, Iconic Silver, Velocity Blue and Rapid Red. Of course, not many of those were even temporarily exclusive to the Bronco. Those who thought Cactus Grey, Area 51 and Cyber Orange might be a little special for at least a while can put those thoughts aside. Heck, there's a good chance they might see those colors on a Maverick in the wild before they get their Broncos. šŸ˜„

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After seeing the Maverick color optimizer for CG, Iā€™m pissed. When did ā€œgrayā€ become ā€œgreenā€. Actual photos of CG on Broncos looked awesomeā€¦..on the Maverick, not so much. I have a build week of 6/21, so Iā€™m afraid to risk any changes.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've made a couple changes and was told thru dealer, by Ford rep...
You can make changes up until a build date is official. Color changes included.
Have your dealer talk to their rep.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After seeing the Maverick color optimizer for CG, Iā€™m pissed. When did ā€œgrayā€ become ā€œgreenā€. Actual photos of CG on Broncos looked awesomeā€¦..on the Maverick, not so much. I have a build week of 6/21, so Iā€™m afraid to risk any changes.
Grey in person, does have a (subtle) green cast to it (imo). It's a cool grey. Check out the Baby Broncos to get real world look at your preferred color. Also, looking at colors on your computer, (if that's what you're basing this on) will never give you a real world color.
Sponsored