Sponsored

Possible to fit 35 inch tires on a base two door Bronco?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one knows for sure, but using the Ranger as a starting point, likely can get 285/70/17 (33”) on by removing the crash bars and adding wheels or wheel spacers. They will possibly still rub at full articulation and are about as big as I would consider with the 190 front axle. I don’t thin Ford offers anything larger than 265/70/17 (32”) with that axle.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to write the dissenting opinion here--the Base-Squatch is still better than this method--because I think this is what you were asking to hear.

Yes. Maybe it only takes a 1" body lift or you might have to add coil spacers, but I think Daystar will have something out for less than $500. You might need to remove those crash bars and since you're buying tires pick up some steelies with a better offset.

Here's the bit about going off-road with that setup:

Stay off the skinny pedal!

The big tires are much heavier and the Bronco has more Hp and Tq than people are giving it credit for which could easily snap an axle under the right (wrong?) circumstances.

If you're getting an automatic anyway, then the Sasquatch package is a no-brainer like others said.

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to write the dissenting opinion here--the Base-Squatch is still better than this method--because I think this is what you were asking to hear.

Yes. Maybe it only takes a 1" body lift or you might have to add coil spacers, but I think Daystar will have something out for less than $500. You might need to remove those crash bars and since you're buying tires pick up some steelies with a better offset.

Here's the bit about going off-road with that setup:

Stay off the skinny pedal!

The big tires are much heavier and the Bronco has more Hp and Tq than people are giving it credit for which could easily snap an axle under the right (wrong?) circumstances.

If you're getting an automatic anyway, then the Sasquatch package is a no-brainer like others said.
I just emailed dealers to add the Sasquatch. Lol. I hope it isn’t too late.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kylearmani

kylearmani

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC yukon denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not only a lift, but you’ll need at least a +30mm offset wheel for the tires to clear the upper control arms.

I’m going to triple the sentiment: By the time you get it done on your own, you’re at or above the price of Squatch.

Op, some back of the napkin will tell you:

Wheels (5)
Tires (5)
Coil overs (all 4 corners)

That’s bare minimum

Then there’s the regearing, and the wider fender flares (which are already in the accessory catalog and are more expensive then you’d guess).

That’s all to just get you squared away with 35s on your base.

If you had clicked the Sas box you’d get all that *plus* lockers front and rear.

The only caveat is if you want a manual transmission as well... but if so, just wait for MY22.
So would 33’s look and do better?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plot Twist:
I don't want a monster truck. I want a "low rider" that can lower to curb level when I want it to.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure just take the whole fenders and quarters off.

Sponsored

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order was placed 1/25 is it too late now to add that. Reservation 7/27. So I don’t imagine I’m getting built anyhow this summer.

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will 285 75R 16 BF Goodrich T/A KO2 Tires fit on the base Bronco?
Sponsored