BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm one of the many who will be impacted by the rumored forced removal of Lux package from my order. I know in theory I can keep it and roll the dice on getting my order fulfilled in '23. I've already been waiting for more than 2 years for my order and I've already lost my preferred color option. It's getting to a point where I've got to spend big bucks on maintenance of my current vehicle to keep it road worthy (new trans + replacing suspension wear items).

The biggest thing in the Lux package that I wanted was the Adaptive Cruise and the B&O sound system. The heated steering wheel would be nice, but it isn't something I'd use every day. I can install my own stereo system upgrades, and probably end up with something better than the B&O, so I'm really left with wondering if it's possible to retrofit the Adaptive Cruise Control at some point in the future. Has anyone worked on figuring this out so far? Obviously I don't have my own Bronco to poke around with, but on my LR3 and my S197 Mustang I had done a fair amount of decoding the CAN stuff and tweaking things, but I haven't done any poking on newer Fords.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Short answer yes someone on here has done it. He claimed it voids the warranty tho. Can I believe only be done on high package. I’m trying to remember I believe he said cost for just the sensor was $500 ish plus wire harness and mounts and extensive forscan changes and some wiring he had to add.

OP
OP
BlarneyStoned

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I have to hack on ACC because Ford can't build me something with Lux, I may well be willing to give up the factory warranty :ROFLMAO:.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ACC is definitely sweer, especially when traveling through work zones. It will slow you down maybe a little faster than the guys behind you might like but it certainly is great at keeping a steady distance behind the person in front of you all with no feet on the pedals.

But I would not attempt to add something like this to a vehicle that does not have th ehardware (we know the software is already "in" most chips although you could spend all the money on parts and then find your ecm doesn't have the basic software to be unlocked)

And it should not be a deal breaker if you don't get ACC. My bimmer probably has it, as well as auto-dimming headlamps but finding the options to enable and then having them appear each time you start up is foreign to BMW

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I really miss the ACC in the Ranger. Some of those 3+ hour drives for work were a lot less cumbersome with it.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went from a subaru eyesight ACC system to none in the bronco. Honestly I don't really miss it, as I am going slower than most of the traffic on the freeway anyways (to stay at 2k rpm).
Sponsored