Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all of the overlanders out there looking to build a Bronco, I present to you a $1,200 and 80 pound tent! This shouldn’t cause too much strain on the hard top and at the same price as the Yakima tent Ford wants you to get I think you’ll be stoked to see what this thing has to offer!
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks nice but not a fan of tents that do not open fully. Probably get the smittybilt one that is around the same price or trust made hardtop one for around $1400

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To all of the overlanders out there looking to build a Bronco, I present to you a $1,200 and 80 pound tent! This shouldn’t cause too much strain on the hard top and at the same price as the Yakima tent Ford wants you to get I think you’ll be stoked to see what this thing has to offer!
Thanks for sharing your review. I went ahead an watched your other segment on RTT overall pro/con. Nice presentation and I never felt compelled (bored) to stop or browse another site with you talking the background. (y)

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not a fan of that style as well but I like your review and the detailed walk around was one of the first videos I watched of the Bronco! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you. You planning to get a Bronco?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So how stupid would it be for me to put a 141 lbs tent on the roof of my 2dr? My wife may have already bought it lol

I know its over the dynamic weight limit, but what are the risks? Damage to the roof? I know rollover risk increases of course but does that extra 30 lbs over the limit really make any difference? Or is it all just lawyers and understated numbers?

Also a little nervous about the weight of the tent with both of us in there... gonna be like 500 lbs 😬

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how stupid would it be for me to put a 141 lbs tent on the roof of my 2dr? My wife may have already bought it lol

I know its over the dynamic weight limit, but what are the risks? Damage to the roof? I know rollover risk increases of course but does that extra 30 lbs over the limit really make any difference? Or is it all just lawyers and understated numbers?

Also a little nervous about the weight of the tent with both of us in there... gonna be like 500 lbs 😬
Yah, tent being 140 lbs, plus mounting hardware, you are looking at 30% over the dynamic weight limit. Even though 30lbs doesn't sound like a lot, 30% is...

And IMO, the bigger issue may be hardtop structure integrity. Heck, the MIC hardtop is already delaminating and have poor fit and finish. Throwing 150lbs on top while driving offroad sounds risky to me.

Peter
Sponsored