Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today I was at work with a guy I work with, and I ran my truck through the carwash. Next door is a Ford dealership, and there was a Bronco out front. He told me, "Let's stop by and take a look at that Bronco". Sure, let's go. I'll always stop and take a look. He's been hearing about mine (that's on order) for a while, and hasn't seen a Big Bronco up close (and there's no telling when mine will get here, but that's a different story).

We get out, it's an AMB BB Sas 4D. It has a soft top and aftermarket wheels. There's no stickers on it, but there's a label machine label that says "Service loaner" on the back license plate.

We're looking at it, walking around it, and he asks, "What are these?" and points at the gun sights. I told him it's purposes, securing stuff that's on the roof and lining up the tire when off road. He asks about the wheels, and I tell him those are after market, they aren't the stock Sas wheels. We talk about a few more features, and then a sales guy comes out. He asks if we've been helped and I said, "We're good, just looking, I don't want to take up any of your time". He says "No problem, it's slow."

I don't want to waste his time, I know he has other people he can be calling or following up with or what not.

So my buddy, (we're in sales) says "Hey what are these things" and points at the gun sights. The sales guy says "You use them to secure stuff to the roof, some people have been putting light bars on there, (motioning his hands from one side to the other across the hood), hooking them between them. And it connects to the winch if you get one mounted to the bumper". I said "Hooks to the winch how?" He said "It's to help take out the slack".

Before I can dig into this further, because I'm dying to know how this works, my buddy says "These wheels are pretty nice" He said "Yeah we added those to make it look a little meaner' (they did look pretty good). He said "There's no step bar or rails on this?" the sales guy says "No, not on this model. Those are pretty much for decoration anyway, these are really just mall crawlers" and he chuckled.

I'm just in total disbelief at this point. Slack from the winch, through the gun sights? Mounting a light bar across the hood to them? MALL CRAWLER!!??

He asks my buddy if he's interested in getting one. He says, "No he ordered one but it's taking forever for him to get it". He says "Oh yeah? Sorry to hear that. We have one here that the deal fell through on, if you might be interested in picking it up" I said, "I have a res at another dealership, and I don't think yours would match what I'm after, mine's pretty specific to what I want." He said, "It's a Big Bend" I told him, "Yeah, I ordered a OBX Sas". He goes, "Have you thought about transferring your reservation here? We're a big dealership so we are getting lots of them in" I asked him, (fully knowing I'm not going to transfer my res, I have locked in pricing and everyone on the forum who's bought there has left glowing feedback, and also being 99% sure of the answer before I asked) I asked him "Are you guys adding ADMs on your Broncos?"

He looks at me, looks sort of puzzled, looks down at the tire, kind of waves his hand towards it, and says:

"We can put whatever brand of wheels you want on it".

I told him, "Thanks for you time, but I'm gonna stick with my dealer. We're gonna head out, got an appointment to get to...good luck today!"

This dude doesn't know shit about his product, and doesn't even know what an ADM is. He thought it was a brand of wheels.

It was really pretty sad, as a sales guy, and a former car sales guy, to see someone with that tremendous lack of knowledge and just...wow. I was just at a loss. My partner said, "How is that guy going to sell one of those, he doesn't even know shit about them?"

Good question.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I was at work with a guy I work with, and I ran my truck through the carwash. Next door is a Ford dealership, and there was a Bronco out front. He told me, "Let's stop by and take a look at that Bronco". Sure, let's go. I'll always stop and take a look. He's been hearing about mine (that's on order) for a while, and hasn't seen a Big Bronco up close (and there's no telling when mine will get here, but that's a different story).

We get out, it's an AMB BB Sas 4D. It has a soft top and aftermarket wheels. There's no stickers on it, but there's a label machine label that says "Service loaner" on the back license plate.

We're looking at it, walking around it, and he asks, "What are these?" and points at the gun sights. I told him it's purposes, securing stuff that's on the roof and lining up the tire when off road. He asks about the wheels, and I tell him those are after market, they aren't the stock Sas wheels. We talk about a few more features, and then a sales guy comes out. He asks if we've been helped and I said, "We're good, just looking, I don't want to take up any of your time". He says "No problem, it's slow."

I don't want to waste his time, I know he has other people he can be calling or following up with or what not.

So my buddy, (we're in sales) says "Hey what are these things" and points at the gun sights. The sales guy says "You use them to secure stuff to the roof, some people have been putting light bars on there, (motioning his hands from one side to the other across the hood), hooking them between them. And it connects to the winch if you get one mounted to the bumper". I said "Hooks to the winch how?" He said "It's to help take out the slack".

Before I can dig into this further, because I'm dying to know how this works, my buddy says "These wheels are pretty nice" He said "Yeah we added those to make it look a little meaner' (they did look pretty good). He said "There's no step bar or rails on this?" the sales guy says "No, not on this model. Those are pretty much for decoration anyway, these are really just mall crawlers" and he chuckled.

I'm just in total disbelief at this point. Slack from the winch, through the gun sights? Mounting a light bar across the hood to them? MALL CRAWLER!!??

He asks my buddy if he's interested in getting one. He says, "No he ordered one but it's taking forever for him to get it". He says "Oh yeah? Sorry to hear that. We have one here that the deal fell through on, if you might be interested in picking it up" I said, "I have a res at another dealership, and I don't think yours would match what I'm after, mine's pretty specific to what I want." He said, "It's a Big Bend" I told him, "Yeah, I ordered a OBX Sas". He goes, "Have you thought about transferring your reservation here? We're a big dealership so we are getting lots of them in" I asked him, (fully knowing I'm not going to transfer my res, I have locked in pricing and everyone on the forum who's bought there has left glowing feedback, and also being 99% sure of the answer before I asked) I asked him "Are you guys adding ADMs on your Broncos?"

He looks at me, looks sort of puzzled, looks down at the tire, kind of waves his hand towards it, and says:

"We can put whatever brand of wheels you want on it".

I told him, "Thanks for you time, but I'm gonna stick with my dealer. We're gonna head out, got an appointment to get to...good luck today!"

This dude doesn't know shit about his product, and doesn't even know what an ADM is. He thought it was a brand of wheels.

It was really pretty sad, as a sales guy, and a former car sales guy, to see someone with that tremendous lack of knowledge and just...wow. I was just at a loss. My partner said, "How is that guy going to sell one of those, he doesn't even know shit about them?"

Good question.
He can probably sell stuff to people who know even less about the Bronco than he does.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He can probably sell stuff to people who know even less about the Bronco than he does.
Like the guy from the post the other day who bought a Sport and told the forum member at the gas station (can't remember who) "I thought this was the new Bronco?"

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Please do not put your winch between your trail sights or use your trail sights to be pulled out of a spot - unless you have a new fiberglass hood coming in :LOL:

Sponsored

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if this stings a little but......

He sounds like he every sales person I have ever delt with. I know what I want when I walk in the door but have to deal with these know nothings. Dealerships disgust me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surprised he didn’t say laser beams shoot out of the trail sights…

Not surprised though. The lack of knowledge of these vehicles with many sales people is mind blowing.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

He sounds like he every sales person I have ever delt with. I know what I want when I walk in the door but have to deal with these know nothings. Dealerships disgust me.
My dealer (you don't have to drink, he is the owner) quickly realized that I knew more than he did, he had also reserved one "for his wife" lol... Guessing he is unique, but for a small dealer he gets a lot of limited edition vehicles. GT 500 is useless to me, but he's got one...

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of you are the smartest, most non-judgemental superheroes that I have ever had the honor of listening to. A good bunch to be associated with, for sure. Thank you for enlightening the rest of us about "every salesman".

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

One salesman I met at a Honda dealership tried to tell me that the 2020 Civic Hatchback uses a direct satellite uplink to initiate remote start, and to update the onboard OS. I was dying of laughter. The car doesn't even have a cell modem, much less a satellite uplink. Satellite time is crazy expensive to use, and the hardware is NOT cheap. He'd have said anything to make the car seem cool. In fact, he told me the car my partner and I wanted to test drive wasn't available because it was blocked in by another car, so he tried to get us to test drive a fully loaded model that was five or six grand more.

You've got good sales people and bad. The difference is the culture created by a dealership, and how they maintain that culture through their hiring practices.

Some sales people really put in a ton of work to study these vehicles, and have a passion for cars. Others just want to turn over inventory regardless of how the customer is treated.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nah I got you beat.... some of the salespeople at the Chino Hills Ford (which is on the naughty list) were convinced the Bronco and Bronco Sport are the same car. I told the sales guy that you can make the case that the escape and the bronco sport are close to being the same car but a Bronco and Bronco Sport are two completely different cars. I am sure if I mentioned a Ford GT they would assume I was talking about the Mustang.
Sponsored