Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to be a douche but the majority of salespeople only care about making sales. The adm thing is hilarious though! to his credit, he's probably only heard it referred to as "market adjustment"
At least he didn't try and argue with you about trims and features. Thats my biggest complaint, when you ask a salesperson about a specific trim/feature, and they swear it doesn't exist (when it does)..
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not that offended by this story. Aside from the winch and trail sight missed understanding it seems like he was a fairly decent conversation. Maybe by the title I was expecting to hear something really over the top. No offense to the OP, but it seems like a guy just trying to do his job.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sales guy told me that Ford will most likely be cancelling the Bronco due to production issues... So, there's that.

He also didn't know what ADM was, or played dumb. So I clarified and said, you're not gonna screw me on the price when it arrives, also known as Asshole Dealer Move.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Naturally, I do; I just don't go around claiming I'm so much smarter than everyone, when I could always learn more. That would be in poor taste.

All in good fun, though. You can't take these forums too seriously. Most of us are excited to be off the forum and in a new Bronco. Clapbacks welcome, if it'll be entertaining!
Lol I didn’t mean it as I am smarter because I know more about a car that I am buying. It’s just that when you are passionate about something you tend to care more than someone who is just there for a paycheck.

But yeah I’m probably smarter. 😂

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be fair, the sales guy was correct, in that a lot of buyers will be mall crawling. They won't be hooking things to the gun sites, or needing rocker guards to prevent bashing rockers on rocks, etc. The sales guy can get away without needing to know that stuff, if most of his customers will not in reality use the functionalities. Hence his focus on superficial appearance items like the wheels.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this stings a little but......

He sounds like he every sales person I have ever delt with. I know what I want when I walk in the door but have to deal with these know nothings. Dealerships disgust me.
I once made a salesman cry!!! One of the happiest days of my life......yes I am evil but jesus says its okay!!!

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, sounded like a nice enough guy to me. I'd never expect any sales guy anywhere to know everything about everything they sell, and certainly not to know more than I do after figuring out what I want. It's a nice surprise to run into such a computer brain on a rare occasion, but certainly not the norm. I just expect them not to be pushy and straight up lie to me or make stuff up out of thin air.

Same goes for stuff at Best Buy or Target or.... There are so many variables and variations of products, can't expect someone to know it all, particularly not in a job that doesn't pay a huge salary. Their job is to sell things, not to educate. If they can (like a good sales guy in a hardware store for example), all the better. Just a person making a living, as long as they know the basics about each model/item/what ever that the store sells, I'm ok with it.

But hey, if this was the "worst sales guy" you ever met, lucky you ;-)

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know, sounded like a nice enough guy to me. I'd never expect any sales guy anywhere to know everything about everything they sell, and certainly not to know more than I do after figuring out what I want. It's a nice surprise to run into such a computer brain on a rare occasion, but certainly not the norm. I just expect them not to be pushy and straight up lie to me or make stuff up out of thin air.

Same goes for stuff at Best Buy or Target or.... There are so many variables and variations of products, can't expect someone to know it all, particularly not in a job that doesn't pay a huge salary. Their job is to sell things, not to educate. If they can (like a good sales guy in a hardware store for example), all the better. Just a person making a living, as long as they know the basics about each model/item/what ever that the store sells, I'm ok with it.

But hey, if this was the "worst sales guy" you ever met, lucky you ;-)
Oh, don't get me wrong, he was a super nice guy. He was nowhere near a dick or anything . The worst part was aimed at his complete lack of knowledge, that's all.
Sponsored