Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new mgnt returned my deposit which they claim gave them the right to" break" my contract...
In 1969, my parents bought their very first-ever brand-new car. I, six years old at the time, accompanied them on much of the shopping, which culminated in them ordering a 1969 Falcon station wagon from Thompson Fauskee Ford in Santa Barbara. Nineteen and a half years later, they were in the market for their second-ever brand new car (having had an assortment of used vehicles before and around the Falcon). I again accompanied them on much of the shopping, which ultimately culminated with them buying a 1988 Tempo from Mel Clayton Ford. The name of the dealership had changed, but it was the same dealership, and the salesman that sold them the Falcon still worked there, and remembered selling them the Falcon, and remembered the six-year-old kid that was with them then. The Falcon then became my very first car.

I lightly toyed with the idea of seeing if that dealership might still be in business, and if so, contacting them to see what kind of deal they might give me on a Bronco. Improbable, because I now live in Sacramento, and it'd be about a six hundred mile drive to and from this dealership in Santa Barbara, but I thought it interesting that this would make for a more than half-century relationship (albeit a very sparse one) between my family and that dealership—three vehicles over a period of about fifty-two years.

Alas, it's not there, any more. There's now a Tesla dealership where it once was. Perry Lincoln/Mercury, now called Perry Ford, is still in the lot next door. I'd be much less inclined to go there, even if it wasn't six hundred miles away; remembering the dishonest games they tried to play with my father while negotiating over a leftover previous-model-year Mercury Topaz, before my father walked out in disgust, and went next door to Thompson Fauskee Mel Clayton Ford and had a much better experience negotiating there for the current-model-year Tempo at a better price than Perry ultimately was trying to get him to pay for last year's Topaz.
Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
In 1969, my parents bought their very first-ever brand-new car. I, six years old at the time, accompanied them on much of the shopping, which culminated in them ordering a 1969 Falcon station wagon from Thompson Fauskee Ford in Santa Barbara. Nineteen and a half years later, they were in the market for their second-ever brand new car (having had an assortment of used vehicles before and around the Falcon). I again accompanied them on much of the shopping, which ultimately culminated with them buying a 1988 Tempo from Mel Clayton Ford. The name of the dealership had changed, but it was the same dealership, and the salesman that sold them the Falcon still worked there, and remembered selling them the Falcon, and remembered the six-year-old kid that was with them then. The Falcon then became my very first car.

I lightly toyed with the idea of seeing if that dealership might still be in business, and if so, contacting them to see what kind of deal they might give me on a Bronco. Improbable, because I now live in Sacramento, and it'd be about a six hundred mile drive to and from this dealership in Santa Barbara, but I thought it interesting that this would make for a more than half-century relationship (albeit a very sparse one) between my family and that dealership—three vehicles over a period of about fifty-two years.

Alas, it's not there, any more. There's now a Tesla dealership where it once was. Perry Lincoln/Mercury, now called Perry Ford, is still in the lot next door. I'd be much less inclined to go there, even if it wasn't six hundred miles away; remembering the dishonest games they tried to play with my father while negotiating over a leftover previous-model-year Mercury Topaz, before my father walked out in disgust, and went next door to Thompson Fauskee Mel Clayton Ford and had a much better experience negotiating there for the current-model-year Tempo at a better price than Perry ultimately was trying to get him to pay for last year's Topaz.

My order is thru Perry Ford Santa Barbara and I searched for them here but no one posted about their Bronco order.

I hope it goes smoothly!