Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.3L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here. I'm especially curious to hear from the 2.3L 7MT owners and how the rev match is working for you. Maybe those who are running them can post some cool content on how it works for us.

Thanks!
Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review m-12655-f_3
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quick Review and Impressions:

Device was easy to connect and setup.
After initial issues with firmware, since subsequent updates all has worked flawlessly with connecting and communciating.
Flashing Process is simple and straight forward - reading took less than a minute and subsequent flashing took about 6 mins total. All in all a 15 min process start to finish.
Changing of tire size was extremely easy - just research your tire specs in advance for their revolutions per mile and put in the prompt area when changing. Right after you are done.

Tune:
Initial impressions are great torque throughout low - mid range vs before. Shift points on automatic definitely seems better and overall smoother as i felt they were too early prior with the stock tune. Have not had time to drive on freeway, but will to review overall acceleration and passing speed which i expect to be noticeable with the power figures advertised. Overall, well worth the investment of $700 and especially over what else is on market considering a flash and warranty.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be curious to see if this tune has any effect on fuel economy. Good or bad....

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far, so good for me. There was of course software issues right at launch, which seem to be fixed now. Once the correct pc app and firmware are installed it all goes quick. Rev match feature is weird to get used to at 1st, but now I get it. I just installed an exhaust on mine and can finally hear the revs (always a nice thing on an MT...when I 1st got the Bronco I found my shift points were kinda awkward cause I'm used to having some sound to cue me). 1st time I was coasting to a light and put it back in gear while clutched...vroom! Kinda caught me off guard, but now I think it's kinda fun! The tune definitely improves low speed accel. We know that boost is limited in low gears...presumably to protect the driveline. Previously I could get about 5-6 lbs of boost in 1st and about 8-9 psi in 2nd. Now I can get 8 lbs in 1st and about 15 lbs in 2nd. The "butter zone" is still 2500-3500 rpm, so I don't really need to change my shift points at all. WOT in 3rd will get it into the 20 psi range...and QUICK. As far as mileage, mine has improved from rediculously horrible, to just plain horrible, also I adjusted my tire size when I did the tune, so that may account for the improvement...realistically I expect no real world change.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a few more hiccups than others but the end result can be felt.

Not only did I experience the code problems that everyone else did but I was also fighting my corporate endpoint security: one version would install fine and the next version would not. I finally had to find an old (circa 2015) desktop and bring it back to life to get the correct version installed.

Lastly, I ran into an issue where the programmer thought it already copied my stock configuration. So, I was unable to download the Ford Performance Calibration. They had to send a reset command from Ford Performance which cleared the VIN. Once that was taken care of, it took maybe 30 minutes in total.

Back up of stock config took 2 minutes
Downloading the performance config maybe 5 minutes
Loading the performance config on the Bronco was 15 minutes.

I think Ford's Calibration makes a huge difference. It feels faster in every gear.

I do have a K&N Performance Intake ($499) installed, Ford Performance Exhaust ($1200) and I am able to get 93 octane ($4.59). The Ford Calibration ($700) is by far the biggest bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lrb6805

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 2006 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 2DR Auto Trans. Bought Procal4 tune from Steeda ($699 flat)

I just installed mine a few minutes ago. I followed the directions provided on the Ford Performance Website. The install went smooth.

It was kind of nerve racking to watch the tune be installed and you see all the warning lights and chimes going off. But they all cleared with no issue once the process was complete.

I also went ahead and checked the tire size and saw that even with the sasquatch package from the package, the tires in the system was still set to the 33in tires (listed as 606 revs/mile). This would explain the mpg that was showing in the vehicle and the actual mpg. I change it to 587 revs/mile (LT315 tires) and will see if that changes makes the mileage, mpg, and miles to empty more accurate. Note: I don't care about the low MPG, I just like tracking the accuracy for maintenance.

After the install, I drove it around the block and definitely felt faster acceleration and more "pep". It definitely changes how it drives. I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2D Badlands 2.3l M7 running 35x12.5 MT

Installed with no issues. Read through the Ford installation PDF from the Ford Performance portal a few times. Read through the Rev Match supplemental.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review F1DD053C-10B4-4D10-A1EA-AF89EE58DBA2

Overall impression. I don‘t have enough seat time to say it’s faster, but it definitely feels better through the lower range of shifts and boost. The star is the Rev Match and does a great job smoothing everything out.

I was able to update my tire size and gearing can be updated as well. It includes some nice basic data logging tools.
Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 16974BF5-B258-4F6D-BC9E-10653D0431A8

Added bonus: Remembers your last setting on the Start/Stop.
Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review BFD2D149-FA2C-48AC-A6AF-9EA72D7AB404

Last edited:

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many psi were you guys hitting before the tune? Just curious.. I'm seeing about 18psi max in sport mode 3rd gear pulls with 91 octane. I'm not sure why but there is very, very little info out there on this. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Geoffrey

reechar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door 7 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just received and installed the tune today. The install couldn't have been easier. The rev matching feature stands out and from my limited test drive I was really impressed by this. There have been other implementation of rev matching that I've tried and didn't like, but I am fan of this one.

Only did 2 quick pulls to make sure everything was working, and I could immediately notice the added power. It's not crazy, but it is noticeable.

I'm going to keep an eye on things over the next few days/weeks and see if I notice anything different, but my day 1 impression are extremely positive!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many psi were you guys hitting before the tune? Just curious.. I'm seeing about 18psi max in sport mode 3rd gear pulls with 91 octane. I'm not sure why but there is very, very little info out there on this. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Geoffrey
Before the tune that's about what mine was max. Now it hits 21-22 on a hard accel in 3rd

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here’s a great review that Krista Pickens aka Buckle Up Buttercup did on the 2.3l cal.

Let us know if any of you guys have any questions. Thanks!

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

NJRoadKill, doesnt the auto start/stop reset when you power the vehicle on and off? Or did you already disable with Forscan? I havent done any Forscan stuff and I am curious if you turned off the auto start/stop somehow with calibration tool

Thanks

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NJRoadKill, doesnt the auto start/stop reset when you power the vehicle on and off? Or did you already disable with Forscan? I havent done any Forscan stuff and I am curious if you turned off the auto start/stop somehow with calibration tool

Thanks
It did function that way OE. After I installed the Ford tune it started to recall the last setting. I didn’t change anything in FORScan. Must have been in the box.

So now if I have it set to off. next time I restart it, it will still be set to off. Same if I change it back to on.

For me it’s “cool” to get control of that, but I have the M7 so I didn’t really notice it. I find I still just leave it on. If you stall it restarts just by pushing in the clutch. It’s been useful on occasion.

My wife has the auto and I find it annoying and turn it off.

honorableh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review ECC7BE33-87F2-4EB9-BB1D-7B1C0363D726
My thoughts on the Ford Performance. time I just put on my 2.3 7MT 2DR Badlands on OE K02s:

The near silence of the power train makes it more difficult to rev match and heel-toe. I'd learned this car, but definitely wasn't perfect at it. The rev-matching transforms the experience with its flawless execution. Its implementation is much quicker and more accurate than I could ever be. It works better than on my old 2010 BMW F10 6MT.

I'd had a 4Dr 2.7 Sasquatch BL previously and the 2.3 now with the tune feels just as fast. Combine that with being able to downshift without second thought makes the Bronco able to maintain ample boost. The acceleration between 65 and 85 makes passing a breeze.

Rev matching works in low range which is super helpful, as remembering a second gearset was tough.

I've taught my girlfriend to drive manual, and this tune will make it even easier for her, and might even allow her to drive some mild trails.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had mine done today for my MT 2.3L.

Initially, I was worried I wouldn't feel much, if any difference - at least until I got Dyno readouts. But it's definitely noticeable, especially in the low-end torque range. 1st finally feels like it should - a lot more responsive and peppier. Overall shifting/rev-matching feels much smoother than before.

This tune was a bit expensive for the gains...but in my opinion it was well worth the wait/money for a warranty protected tune that makes an already fun vehicle, more fun.
Sponsored