First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome. Thank you. It seems to be just right installed not going to mess with it.
Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Here's my review. Only drove for 30 mins. But took it to the dealer and they charged me 250$. Whatever. After I picked it up installed the pedal commander back on it and the thing definitely rips. It was a little wet so put it in 4A and when I hit the freeway off ramp it took off. Love the rev matching shifts are so much smoother. Feels likes whole new vehicle. Got more driving to do this weekend so will report back. But first impressions I love it. Thanks @LethalPerformance.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else feel like the tune after a week or two has "leveled out".

Either one of two things happens once you've had the tune installed for a longer period of time:

1. You get used to it and it doesn't feel faster
2. The factory computer learns the new tune and settles it down

I swear I'm no longer feeling that boost hit in 1st gear like initially did. I did switch to 93 octane gas though and I will say the engine feels much better running on 93 vs. 87. It is noticeable smoother and sounds much less like a clanging and banging 4 cylinder than it did before switching to the higher octane.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got mine installed this afternoon. I sat in the car with the Ford mechanic and we figured it out together. I was going to charge them for an hour of my time, but they ended up charging me for 1.5 hours of theirs!

First impressions are great. Of course, the rev-matching was a big selling point for me. I got spoiled with my Mustang GT so I really wanted it on the Bronco. Low-end power increase below 3K RPM was what I was after, and I got that. When I have my dog in the car, I tend to shift earlier but second gear had no power before. Now with the tune, it feels lively and great. I even tried driving in second gear from a full stop just to see how it does, and it was surprisingly smooth. Once I hit the highway, I really liked how quickly boost and speed built up. Now I wonder if an aftermarket intake and/or exhaust will negatively impact the Ford tune or not... Anyone has experience with this?

Overall, I'm very happy with the tune. The only thing I have to do now is to add some weight in the back. So I'll be building a platform, storage compartment, cooler box, etc...

I just came back from an 1800-mile road trip up the Smokey Mountains with 2 people, 2 dogs, and a bunch of camping gear. The car definitely felt smoother with the added weight. I wonder if there is some sort of suspension upgrade that people do to make the rear less bouncy. I absolutely do not want to lift or level the car. I rather "level" it by adding some gear in the back. So I'm not sure if I have many options but to keep some of my gear in the car... Time to checkout the suspension section of bronco6g!

Thanks to Lethal Performance for the great Black Friday sale. I was also able to pick up the unit from their warehouse the same day. Great guys and great service.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you guys leave the unit mounted and plugged into the car at all times? Currently, it is sitting in my glove compartment, but I wonder if there is anything that I would want to mess with on a daily basis...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone else feel like the tune after a week or two has "leveled out".

Either one of two things happens once you've had the tune installed for a longer period of time:

1. You get used to it and it doesn't feel faster
2. The factory computer learns the new tune and settles it down

I swear I'm no longer feeling that boost hit in 1st gear like initially did. I did switch to 93 octane gas though and I will say the engine feels much better running on 93 vs. 87. It is noticeable smoother and sounds much less like a clanging and banging 4 cylinder than it did before switching to the higher octane.
The tune doesn’t really settle but will adapt to octane. So it’s possible that even though you may have put in 93 octane it hasn’t fully gone to the the more aggressive timing table yet. It’s also possible that the 93 you put in the vehicle isn’t 93 and therefore it’s still seeing timing based off of a lower grade fuel which will definitely hinder performance.

Lastly it could also be that you’re just used to it now and it doesn’t feel as it did on the butt dyno when you first installed it.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy shit!
this thing rips now. Wtf. And i have the flowmaster outlaw exhaust which is basically a straight pipe and it’s so loud now too!! Really hits at high rpm.

Ok, so I'm not crazy. I have the same flowmaster outlaw dump and I felt it sounds a little different. The pitch change isn't doing it for me anymore and I think I'm going to put the stock muffler back on.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so I'm not crazy. I have the same flowmaster outlaw dump and I felt it sounds a little different. The pitch change isn't doing it for me anymore and I think I'm going to put the stock muffler back on.
Yea I’m gonna go to the borla

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

received my BF Ford Performance Tune today. now just need to for my MY23 bronco to finally be built

Sponsored

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s recommended yes. However you can run lower grade fuel but you won’t fully benefit from the calibration until you put a higher grade fuel in. The truck will adjust its timing table for the higher grade fuel and increase timing so long no knock is detected. Let’s say you’re traveling and can only get 87. Not a problem as the timing table will adjust on its own as it senses the lower grade fuel. Then when you put better grade fuel in the table will adjust and increase timing so you make more power.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Is this true about being able to run on 87 Octane? The disclaimer in the paperwork seems to indicate that "any issues related to running below 91 octane will ineligible for warantee repair". I am really almost entirely interested in the Rev Matching feature, it would be great to "juice it up" a bit when I go off-roading, but I am not thrilled with being stuck with an extra $1 per gallon for day to day driving.
Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 1670359851666

coffeetwitch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so lethal had super fast shipping. thanks.

mine was trouble free......

just for giggles i connected the procal to my computer after flashing the tune and hit update. got -1011 wrong email for this voucher pop up window. anyone else?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just did my 2.3 Ford Perf tune on Sasquatch. Stock dyno was 237hp and 291 ft lbs tq with my setup running 91 Oct.

After tune I dyno’d at 257 hp and 307 ft lbs tq. Calculating drivetrain loss as the generic 15% rate from the crank where Ford measures. I’m well below what Fords advertising. I do say I LOVE the remap on the transmission with its much snappier shifting pattern. The power band also moved way lower giving me much better numbers down low as well as better throttle control. It should help a lot off-roading with that “throttle surge”. Those that rock crawl will know what I’m talking about. As far as seat of the pants feel… not a big difference. But I can feel it a little.

i had some hiccups along the way with the install too. Ford sent me the wrong voucher code which was resolved in 3 days. (KEEP YOUR RECIEPTS PEOPLE) After getting that resolved. The tune went on easy except one detail… I was throwing a”service 4x4” light. Codes read for ABS and PCM… very scary. Turns out you just have to go to the diagnostics and tools and select “change tire adjust ratio” and follow the prompts. Lights went away and I’m on my merry way!
Sponsored