First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I forgot to look at the version before hitting update, but it did go through the full update procedure on my ProCal 4.

Device version is 2.118
Says I have 2000 flags whatever that means.

Performance Cal is MB3A-FPB23A-ALK
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
When the dealer installed mine, they didn’t leave it plugged in. How often should I plug it in to check on things? Installed 2 weeks ago for reference.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When the dealer installed mine, they didn’t leave it plugged in. How often should I plug it in to check on things? Installed 2 weeks ago for reference.
The device is like a flash drive with an options menu. The codes come from Ford Performance.

I'm guessing FP would email us when there's updates, but maybe not?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it messed with my fuel level readout. From a little over 1/8 tank fuel it takes 13.4 gallons in my last fill up to hit full. It should be closer to 17 gallons... Gauge probably also thinks it's 2 door levels.

Nice job testing this one Ford...

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it messed with my fuel level readout. From a little over 1/8 tank fuel it takes 13.4 gallons in my last fill up to hit full. It should be closer to 17 gallons... Gauge probably also thinks it's 2 door levels.

Nice job testing this one Ford...
How many times have you filled the tank since you flashed the vehicle?

Sponsored

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been able to get an answer on whether or not the drivetrain is covered under a ford extended warranty with this installed? Or is it 3/36 no matter what?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been able to get an answer on whether or not the drivetrain is covered under a ford extended warranty with this installed? Or is it 3/36 no matter what?
Ford Performance covers you for 3/36 for any issues caused by FP equipment. Outside of that, depending on the cause of the issue, you may be denied coverage. I don‘t believe having an extended Ford warranty makes a difference.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many times have you filled the tank since you flashed the vehicle?
Somewhere between maybe 6 or 7 times. Love everything else on the tune but it seems to have made my 4 door default to 2 door tank size. Not a big deal in the grand scheme but it triggers my OCD when it tells me I'm less than 50 miles to empty and there's 6 gallons in the tank still. My guess is on Ford's system my vin shows as a 2 door for who knows what reason.

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much are you guys paying to get this installed by a dealership? I was quoted $200 which keeps my warranty intact.

Decisions, decisions....

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How much are you guys paying to get this installed by a dealership? I was quoted $200 which keeps my warranty intact.

Decisions, decisions....
That’s what I did…no regrets going that direction and I used FordPass pts.

Sponsored

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, no. Dealer can pretty much cancel a warranty for anything they want that’s not oem or installed by them. Good luck trying to fight it too.
that is not true.

The law I linked to literally makes that illegal to do. You will win each time in court.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, no. Dealer can pretty much cancel a warranty for anything they want that’s not oem or installed by them. Good luck trying to fight it too.
that is not true.

The law I linked to literally makes that illegal to do. You will win each time in court.
@Eddie_bower is correct with respect to installing non OEM replacement parts by someone other than the dealership. If you were to have a non OEM half shaft installed by an independent shop and your differential later failed, Ford couldn’t deny warranty because of the other repair not done by them and with aftermarket OEM equivalent replacement parts. Mods are a completely different story. Any performance modification is grounds to deny warranty coverage on any system impacted by the mod. I would expect a performance tune to impact the warranty on anything from the piston rings/cylinders to the axle shafts and every powertrain component along the way. If you had a problem with your front camera or climate control system it would still be covered, but prematurely wearing out the rear differential gearing would be blamed on the tune. The “warranty” we’re all chasing by having the tune installed by a Ford dealer is an aftermarket warranty provided through Ford Performance Parts, you aren’t retaining the actual factory warranty on the modified powertrain. Many of us are concerned that the Ford ESP extended warranty won’t cover the engine and powertrain after the FPP extended warranty included with the tuner expires. Realistically it depends on the dealer, but since the tune is registered to the VIN there is no doubt the extended warranty administrator will see it when evaluating a claim.

General Motors has canceled their GM extended warranties and denied factory warranty coverage on several of our 3500 cab and chassis trucks when they realized there was a body installed on them. The warranty administrator will ask the dealer for a picture of the outside of the truck, then deny warranty. The dealer we purchase the trucks from is savvy to the process and talks their way around it, but other dealers send the picture and I get a cancelation and refund check in the mail a week later. The third party body was installed by the dealership prior to us purchasing the truck or the warranty, it’s not exactly useful for us to roll around in work trucks without a bed. ANY electrical issue in the trucks is automatically blamed on the “aftermarket” wiring of the body upfit and warranty denied. Last year they denied one for air conditioning related issues (blend door) because of the body wiring. We have the benefit of a large fleet and buying 30+ trucks per year, and we’re not immune to their shenanigans, a single truck owner doesn’t have a chance.

Here is a good thread about how this works out in the real world. David doesn’t have the resources to fight Goliath.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ffs-lets-all-stop-referencing-the-magnussen-moss-act.609911/
Sponsored

Last edited: