Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is not true.

The law I linked to literally makes that illegal to do. You will win each time in court.
Every single time? No exceptions
Just read the law or just state Magnussen Moss like rain man over and over?
Sponsored

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Eddie_bower is correct with respect to installing non OEM replacement parts by someone other than the dealership. If you were to have a non OEM half shaft installed by an independent shop and your differential later failed, Ford couldn’t deny warranty because of the other repair not done by them and with aftermarket OEM equivalent replacement parts. Mods are a completely different story. Any performance modification is grounds to deny warranty coverage on any system impacted by the mod. I would expect a performance tune to impact the warranty on anything from the piston rings/cylinders to the axle shafts and every powertrain component along the way. If you had a problem with your front camera or climate control system it would still be covered, but prematurely wearing out the rear differential gearing would be blamed on the tune. The “warranty” we’re all chasing by having the tune installed by a Ford dealer is an aftermarket warranty provided through Ford Performance Parts, you aren’t retaining the actual factory warranty on the modified powertrain. Many of us are concerned that the Ford ESP extended warranty won’t cover the engine and powertrain after the FPP extended warranty included with the tuner expires. Realistically it depends on the dealer, but since the tune is registered to the VIN there is no doubt the extended warranty administrator will see it when evaluating a claim.

General Motors has canceled their GM extended warranties and denied factory warranty coverage on several of our 3500 cab and chassis trucks when they realized there was a body installed on them. The warranty administrator will ask the dealer for a picture of the outside of the truck, then deny warranty. The dealer we purchase the trucks from is savvy to the process and talks their way around it, but other dealers send the picture and I get a cancelation and refund check in the mail a week later. The third party body was installed by the dealership prior to us purchasing the truck or the warranty, it’s not exactly useful for us to roll around in work trucks without a bed. ANY electrical issue in the trucks is automatically blamed on the “aftermarket” wiring of the body upfit and warranty denied. Last year they denied one for air conditioning related issues (blend door) because of the body wiring. We have the benefit of a large fleet and buying 30+ trucks per year, and we’re not immune to their shenanigans, a single truck owner doesn’t have a chance.

Here is a good thread about how this works out in the real world. David doesn’t have the resources to fight Goliath.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ffs-lets-all-stop-referencing-the-magnussen-moss-act.609911/

Appreciate the response and perspective!

I kept my response very simple, but do understand some of the nuances.

That being said, Ford can’t legally cancel your warranty for a tune installed by you, and I’d like to see one example of them doing so. They CAN not cover items that would be directly impacted by the tune.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting, installed mine today.. using the Ford Cal programmer and message popped up about proprietary to Livernois Performance

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

that is not true.

The law I linked to literally makes that illegal to do. You will win each time in court.
Try it out and report back to us how it goes. A super terrible dealer could deny your entire powertrain warranty because you wanted “Baja” mode enable via forscan or run tires that exceed the manufacturer’s specifications. Most won’t but doesn’t mean they can’t.

Reactions: OX1

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are we still waiting on Ford Performance to make these available for 2023’s?
Yes. The calibrations for the 23MY haven't been released yet. It's awaiting emissions testing to be approved. Once that happens we'll be sure to let everyone know.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you can’t install this on a 23 now?
They don't have calibrations available for the 23 yet so there's nothing to be installed.

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the tuner when they launched and just got my bronco. Will the tuner update to do a 23 when the emissions approval is given?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bought the tuner when they launched and just got my bronco. Will the tuner update to do a 23 when the emissions approval is given?
The tuner itself will work on your 23 once the cals become available. It's not necessarily the device that changes. It's whether there's a calibration available for the vehicle it's being used on. Once the 23 cals become available you'll follow the same steps the 21-22 owners do in order to request the cal from Ford Performance and you'll be good to go.

Sponsored

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I am assuming its not worth it to get this tune installed by a shop whose tuner technician is not A.S.E. certified but a bunch of their crew is?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, I am assuming its not worth it to get this tune installed by a shop whose tuner technician is not A.S.E. certified but a bunch of their crew is?
I would highly recommend if warranty is a concern of yours to make sure that it's an ASE certified tech who does the install and that it's documented.

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would highly recommend if warranty is a concern of yours to make sure that it's an ASE certified tech who does the install and that it's documented.
Definitely care. I'll just stick with a dealership.

Also, appreciate the fast shipping!
Sponsored