Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.7L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here.

Thanks!
Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review m-12655-f_3
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dying to hear about this.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far so good! I was able to calibrate my tires to 37” and after driving around with the tune, my bronco doesn’t feel heavy anymore with the added weight from the tires! It feels more responsive than stock as well!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far so good! I was able to calibrate my tires to 37” and after driving around with the tune, my bronco doesn’t feel heavy anymore with the added weight from the tires! It feels more responsive than stock as well!
Great to hear some actual feedback for the 2.7 tune. All that was being shared was the 2.3. Keep us posted on your opinion please.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm really interested to see what people's impressions of the change in throttle mapping/sensitivity is. Since it doesn't add a ton of power (which I really don't think it needs), I'm hoping it helps it be a bit more responsive.

Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm really interested to see what people's impressions of the change in throttle mapping/sensitivity is. Since it doesn't add a ton of power (which I really don't think it needs), I'm hoping it helps it be a bit more responsive.
I'm hoping for the same thing!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, not gonna do it, these Broncos spaz out if you tickle their brains, sport mode is just fine with me.
Makes sense. Sport mode to me is actually too far, almost overdone. I'm actually hoping this is more of a middle ground.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed my FPP tune this morning. The directions don't say this, so if it helps: You only have one cable connected to the device at a time. That little bit of information would have helped. I am running a heavy FE with 37s, bumpers and rails, lots of gear in the back. I was switching to sport each time I started the vehicle and then switching back to 2H, now normal mode feels better than sport. Throttle tip-in is much better as is the transmission shifting, which is what I purchased this tune for. Once I figure out how to graph the datalog via the app (which doesn't seem to be working) or manually covert the data in excel, I will post up shifting, timing and throttle differences and provide some g-tech 0-60 and 1/4 mile data to provide evidence of the increase power. I am ASE certified, so I handled my own install.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed my FPP tune this morning. The directions don't say this, so if it helps: You only have one cable connected to the device at a time. That little bit of information would have helped. I am running a heavy FE with 37s, bumpers and rails, lots of gear in the back. I was switching to sport each time I started the vehicle and then switching back to 2H, now normal mode feels better than sport. Throttle tip-in is much better as is the transmission shifting, which is what I purchased this tune for. Once I figure out how to graph the datalog via the app (which doesn't seem to be working) or manually covert the data in excel, I will post up shifting, timing and throttle differences and provide some g-tech 0-60 and 1/4 mile data to provide evidence of the increase power. I am ASE certified, so I handled my own install.
Thanks for the impressions Kelly! Those are exactly the improvements I am looking for from the tune as well, so I can't wait to see your data.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well hell yeah, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the impressions Kelly! Those are exactly the improvements I am looking for from the tune as well, so I can't wait to see your data.
I am installing the Oracle flush taillights right now, so it may be tomorrow. You can always come and go for a test-drive :)

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am installing the Oracle flush taillights right now, so it may be tomorrow. You can always come and go for a test-drive :)
Yeah, I may take you up on that offer. I'll drop you a line if I decide to bug you. Lol.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer called today and it looks like my 22 Wildtrak 4dr has an appointment for an oil change and a tune tomorrow at noon. I will post first impressions after my 130 mile drive tomorrow evening. Should be a good test at least from an MPG perspective.
Sponsored