Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I had a Ford service install the procal and my keypad today. I’m not sure how long it takes to istall. But, he was done is seconds after plugging it in and then later I noticed the auto start/stop wouldn’t stay off. 🤦‍♂️ I guess I’ll really install it tomorrow. 🤣 Oh well, I paid and have proof they did it for warranty.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I had a Ford service install the procal and my keypad today. I’m not sure how long it takes to istall. But, he was done is seconds after plugging it in and then later I noticed the auto start/stop wouldn’t stay off. 🤦‍♂️ I guess I’ll really install it tomorrow. 🤣 Oh well, I paid and have proof they did it for warranty.
uhh yeah, if it was installed you would know

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have a Bronco yet to be considering this yet, but there is a Ford Authority article online that discusses that the performance calibration allows for regearing up to 5: something and that M190 owners can upgrade to M210 (new half shafts required) locker. I was a bit confused as to how that works w/o the hero button, but that's probably exciting news for buyers remorse owners.

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If start/stop isn't staying off then the tune wasn't installed. It takes a while to install it because they have to back up your stock tune, then download and install the performance tune and clear the errors. Should be at least 15 mins of a process, even if you're very good at it.

Sponsored

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my install taken care of tonight. Pretty straightforward. Initial thoughts :
•Boost ramps in much faster and holds
•Trans doesn’t feel so sluggish on shifts
•“gauge” feature is blah at best, don’t waste your time if you want cool display (I didn’t care). Pretty weak
•Auto stop-start being disabled is 👍

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the gauge feature?

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So thanks for the reviews - I'm definitely gonna purchase cause the shifting is pretty clunky (esp in normal an eco mode) with my larger tires - Swapped 32s for 34s (OBX).

One question: I already reprogrammed the ECU for larger tire size and added fog light capacity (using FORSCAN). Will the ProCal keep any previous changes (esp. fog lights) and just reprogram for the tune / shifts ? ok and yes the tire size too? Or is it gonna take me back to stock first and then install the tune? Will previous FORSCAN mods cause any issues with the ProCal install?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been eyeing this for both of our Broncos. What jerks my chain is why the stipulation of dealer or ase. Ford provides the tune. Unless that file is altered it should not matter for warranty purposes who installed the device. The GM even made a comment to me that he was surprised I haven’t ordered it yet as everyone I take my bronco back it has more modifications 🤣. I’d love this just for the smoother shifts you guys are commenting about.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So thanks for the reviews - I'm definitely gonna purchase cause the shifting is pretty clunky (esp in normal an eco mode) with my larger tires - Swapped 32s for 34s (OBX).

One question: I already reprogrammed the ECU for larger tire size and added fog light capacity (using FORSCAN). Will the ProCal keep any previous changes (esp. fog lights) and just reprogram for the tune / shifts ? ok and yes the tire size too? Or is it gonna take me back to stock first and then install the tune? Will previous FORSCAN mods cause any issues with the ProCal install?
From what I've been told Forescan changes will not be lost from the flash of the FPP calibration. Those changes are stored in a different location than where the Procal devices flashes.

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Went to my local Ford dealership today to ask in person. They guy at service counter had no idea what I was talking about. Took a pic of it from my phone, went and asked someone in the back. Came back and said that I would lose my extended warranty, and only have the 3/36.

Does this seem accurate to anyone else? Suggested I go get it installed elsewhere so there is no record of it.. but that seems like it would void the warranty entirely?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went to my local Ford dealership today to ask in person. They guy at service counter had no idea what I was talking about. Took a pic of it from my phone, went and asked someone in the back. Came back and said that I would lose my extended warranty, and only have the 3/36.

Does this seem accurate to anyone else? Suggested I go get it installed elsewhere so there is no record of it.. but that seems like it would void the warranty entirely?
You don't just "lose" your warranty... but the warranty holder could deny specific repairs after that 3/36 if they deem X failure was due to the tune.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don't just "lose" your warranty... but the warranty holder could deny specific repairs after that 3/36 if they deem X failure was due to the tune.
Even if it's a Ford tune installed by Ford?

At any rate, ordered it. Not super excited about having to use premium fuel again but oh well.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ours is on the way and confirmed the dealership near work can do the job.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, found a dealership that can do the installation as well, in the Detroit area . Will keep everyone posted
Sponsored