Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Received mine today. Ford dealer quoted me 2 hours of labor "and parts" for $350. I explained I already had the parts, he said ok should be cheaper. Seemed confused.

But my name is Denver, when I told him that he said, "like the state?" Yeah man, like the state. Ugh

Should get it installed in a week, I'll update. Is there any other way of confirming its done other than "feel" and auto start being disabled? I've already disabled it via forscan but I will probably enable it again so I can can try and confirm it's done properly.
Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome, thanks for the info.

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome, found a dealership that can do the installation as well, in the Detroit area . Will keep everyone posted
Let us know when it's done and how the dealers did? I'll be looking soon. Thanks

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed mine myself, super easy other than that tense moment when you have 500 alarms and warnings but I'm used to it by using bimmercode so I didn't freak out. Everything cleared and started fine, now just need to test drive.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, this is nice. Highly recommended.

As others have said, smooth is the key word. I have also noticed that staying above 20mpg while cruising 45-55mph is definitely easier.

Engine revs nice, boost comes in earlier and while it drops without additional throttle, it doesn't seem to fight to stay in boost.

I've only got a few miles on it, will get another 20 or so on the ride home and then turn it over to the wife to see what she notices.

I did mine in the parking lot at work and while it would be easier to use a laptop so you could do the PC parts at the truck, you don't have to have a laptop as they do not connect at the same time, I just had to haul the procal back and forth twice, once to get the base tune and vin info and the second time to get the tune.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed the ford performance tune on my 2.7 Wildtrak today. Very easy and quick process if you have a PC. All good things so far:
  • No longer have to press the auto start/stop button every time you start your car. It will stay in the setting you change it to, without the powering of the vehicle on/off effecting it.
  • The tune is great, most noticeable is the low end torque gain
  • The boost increased about +3 to over 20 psi, achieved much quicker in early acceleration
  • Shifting feels more sport oriented while remaining smooth and not jerky.
I’ve only ever used 91 Octane and will continue to with tune. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
I just had Ford Performance Tune installed today. I thought I had to strictly use 93 octane, but saw your post. Have you still been running 91 octane? Any knocking?

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I PUT MY FPP ON COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT THE LOCAL FORD DEALER.. THEY ARE READILY AVAILABLE FOR THE 2.7 L THRU FORD PERFORMANCE AT YOUR FORD PARTS DEPT..
THE INSTRUCTIONS STATE PRETTY CLEARLY THAT IT TAKES SEVERAL MILES (@ 20-100) FOR THE TUNE TO READ ALL THE IMPUTS FROM FUEL GRADE/. ATMOSPHERE/ DRIVING HABITS, FUEL AIR MIXTURE RECALIBRATE, ETC..BEFORE IT GIVES THE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.. I'VE ONLY PUT A FEW MILES ON IT, SO WHEN I'VE DRIVIN IT MORE MILES, WILL UPDATE.. I
HAVE A 2 DR . OUTERBANKS WITH 285'S . SO NO TIRE RECALIBRATION NEEDED.. THE TECH MENTIONED IT WOULD RUN RICHER FUEL MIXTURE AND WILL SMELL IT UNTIL COMPUTER DIALS ALL INFO. IN TO SYSTEM.
PS. RUNNING 93 OCTANE.
THE INITIAL PERFORMANCE SEEMS MORE RESPONSIVE AND MORE TORQUE ... HAVE'NT PUSHED THE RPMS YET..:)
I had the tune installed today by my Ford dealership. When I got home there was a new exhaust smell. Was this your experience as well? How long did it last? What happens if I run 91 if 93 is not available on a road trip? Thanks!

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the Ford Performance tune installed by my local dealership today. They also installed Borla S exhaust, and the Roush air intake. This is the first vehicle I have had with a tune so I have several questions that I haven’t seen definitively answered on this thread.

1. Once I got home from dealership, there was a different exhaust smell than I have ever noticed in the last. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away?

2. I can get 93 octane where I live, but what about on road trip if there is only 91 or 89? Is there a way to go back to stock tune?

3. Does the ProCal display have to be plugged in for tune to work, or is this now there permanently unless I reinstall the factory settings?

4. Does the display draw power from battery even when vehicle is off? My dealer said it draws power comstantly and I have to unplug it every time I turn off vehicle. Is this correct? Has anyone used an auxiliary wire/switch for this purpose?

Thanks for feedback. I am new to this and wanting to learn.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't have to leave the display attached, the tune is in the ECU, not the box. Consider the box a memory card with a few extra features. If you're going to run data logs or use the gages you would obviously have it plugged in, but otherwise just leave it out. I put mine in the house but I am going to stash it in the car in case I need to reflash to stock at some point.

AZbroncoWT

Wildtrak
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just had Ford Performance Tune installed today. I thought I had to strictly use 93 octane, but saw your post. Have you still been running 91 octane? Any knocking?
Still using 91 and have not had any knocking or other issues. Here in AZ, only a few gas stations offer 93. I may not be getting the full power gains from the calibration, but it definitely feels more responsive and quicker, plus the better shifting and keeping that auto start/stop off.

Sponsored

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left my display on the corner of the windshield. The display shuts off a couple of minutes after you turn the motor off. Not sure if it is still using battery power but i'm assuming it is minimal unless you might be storing your Bronco? Definitely more responsive and shift points much quicker under light acceleration. Only have 20 miles on the tune. Will report back after 100 miles and pushing it hard. Just started to notice the exhaust smell a little bit

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is lifted on 37” tires. I installed the tuner more for correcting tire size than anything. With this tune, my Bronco feels stock only taller. And now my Speedo is correct.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been a month now since dealer installed the 2.7 Tune.
I have gone easy on the gearing while on the highway to let the tune adjust. Not as careful on the muddy trails.
Definitely the performance tune is now one of my favorite mods.
Next up, the Injen air filter (anyone know an Injen discount code?) and in time will upgrade the intercooler too.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been a month now since dealer installed the 2.7 Tune.
I have gone easy on the gearing while on the highway to let the tune adjust. Not as careful on the muddy trails.
Definitely the performance tune is now one of my favorite mods.
Next up, the Injen air filter (anyone know an Injen discount code?) and in time will upgrade the intercooler too.
Awesome feedback. Glad you’re enjoying the cal.

For the Injen intake feel free to use coupon code BRONCO6G on our site at checkout.
Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

ekvbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could someone please help me with this? I had my ford dealer install the Procal4 unit yesterday. Drove it home...didn't seem to have much of a difference from stock...but also, the start/stop did not stay "stopped" like many have discussed on this thread. So I'm thinking it must be a feature I need to turn on or something.

I called Ford Performance and they said they know nothing about start/stop...and said it was not part of the Procal unit. But that seems incorrect as many of you have spoken about this being a benefit of the Procal.

Could someone share how they turned on the option to make start/stop stay off with the Procal unit?
Sponsored