steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could someone please help me with this? I had my ford dealer install the Procal4 unit yesterday. Drove it home...didn't seem to have much of a difference from stock...but also, the start/stop did not stay "stopped" like many have discussed on this thread. So I'm thinking it must be a feature I need to turn on or something.

I called Ford Performance and they said they know nothing about start/stop...and said it was not part of the Procal unit. But that seems incorrect as many of you have spoken about this being a benefit of the Procal.

Could someone share how they turned on the option to make start/stop stay off with the Procal unit?
From what I've read, it's part of the tune, not a stand-alone option.
I have the $100 Eliminator plugged in, so I can't confirm the the ASS cancel button stays off between shutdowns in the performance tune, as that is how the Eliminator hardware works.
I have no reason to doubt the posters in this thread. I would expect if you disable ASS via the button, it should stay disabled until you hit the button again even if you restart the vehicle.

This may be a sign the tune did not install. The most noticeable difference for me was the transmission tuning. It is much more polished than the factory tune.

There was an earlier post in this thread on how to determine if the performance tune was installed. I think if you go in the menu system you should not see the performance tune. Sorry, it's been a while.

I installed it myself. I just don't trust many people to care enough to make sure they do the work properly.
Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could someone please help me with this? I had my ford dealer install the Procal4 unit yesterday. Drove it home...didn't seem to have much of a difference from stock...but also, the start/stop did not stay "stopped" like many have discussed on this thread. So I'm thinking it must be a feature I need to turn on or something.

I called Ford Performance and they said they know nothing about start/stop...and said it was not part of the Procal unit. But that seems incorrect as many of you have spoken about this being a benefit of the Procal.

Could someone share how they turned on the option to make start/stop stay off with the Procal unit?
The "OFF" light on the ASS button should remain on between turning your Bronco off and on, indicating that the ASS has stayed off. This is what mine does. I originally had the Eliminator hardware attached also but took it out.

ekvbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, I have it figured out now...may be helpful to this group. I had the Procal4 installed by an authorized Ford dealer yesterday - only because I wanted to ensure the warranty stayed valid. So I drove away from the dealership and thought "hmmm doesn't seem to make much of a difference"...but also noted that my auto-stop/start was not staying set.

So I called Ford Performance and they forwarded me to a tech who was very pissy, and said the Procal did NOT have any stop/start feature in it....there was no option for this in the Procal.

So I started looking at it myself at home - and long story short, I have no clue what the dealership did because they did NOT install the performance upgrade. I was still on the stock calibration. I went through the instructions, uploaded the performance calibration - and now I can feel the difference AND the stop/start feature is there.

Summary:
-- Stop/Start is just part of the performance calibration, nothing to turn on or off
-- Ford Performance doesn't even know the features of their own product
-- Ford Dealers know even less... they didn't even turn on my upgrade

At least at the end of the day, I have a receipt that shows Ford installed it, so I guess my warranty is pretty solid.

Lastly..I've only driven the vehicle around the block, but I can definitely tell the difference now that the upgrade is there...like the others in this thread...don't expect it to turn the Bronco into a rocket...but if you don't feel any difference...you might not have the upgrade installed. Shift patterns are better and the vehicle definitely has more "pep" to it.

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have a dyno of before and after with this tune on 93?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, I have it figured out now...may be helpful to this group. I had the Procal4 installed by an authorized Ford dealer yesterday - only because I wanted to ensure the warranty stayed valid. So I drove away from the dealership and thought "hmmm doesn't seem to make much of a difference"...but also noted that my auto-stop/start was not staying set.

So I called Ford Performance and they forwarded me to a tech who was very pissy, and said the Procal did NOT have any stop/start feature in it....there was no option for this in the Procal.

So I started looking at it myself at home - and long story short, I have no clue what the dealership did because they did NOT install the performance upgrade. I was still on the stock calibration. I went through the instructions, uploaded the performance calibration - and now I can feel the difference AND the stop/start feature is there.

Summary:
-- Stop/Start is just part of the performance calibration, nothing to turn on or off

At least at the end of the day, I have a receipt that shows Ford installed it, so I guess my warranty is pretty solid.

Lastly..I've only driven the vehicle around the block, but I can definitely tell the difference now that the upgrade is there...like the others in this thread...don't expect it to turn the Bronco into a rocket...but if you don't feel any difference...you might not have the upgrade installed. Shift patterns are better and the vehicle definitely has more "pep" to it.
I hope you got your money back if you paid them to install the tune.

Sponsored

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.7L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here.

Thanks!
m-12655-f_3.jpg
My Whipple tune is awesome. Didn't want to wait on Ford. :) The intercooler is awesome too.

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Summary:

Man that’s so frustrating. Like you inconvenienced them on a part with labor is about 1k on a new expensive vehicle. Glad you got it working. Just like the other poster said if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, and ford ties your hands here dangling the warranty above your head and then does a shit job anyways but still collects for labor. Pitiful

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got mine done today, feels MUCH more responsive. The shifting is much smoother and faster. One particular turn on the way him is a right hand turn of about 110 degrees with a big uphill. Having to slow down to 10mph or so it was always very sluggish going up that hill on the turn. Shifting was slow and just wasnt smooth. I can tell a huge difference in that turn by itself. As well as at red lights taking off normal. They wanted me to drive normally for the first 50-60 miles, should hit that tomorrow and put it thru more paces. Besides what I feel like it a rip off from the dealer, very happy with it. Tried to charge me $668, ended up being $468.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a dyno of before and after with this tune on 93?
It’s not worth putting onto a dyno. I did it for the Speedo recalibration for my 37s.

ekvbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that my tune is installed and working, I've since added a throttle controller - Ultimate 9. https://www.ultimate9.co/

The combination of the upgraded tune...plus the throttle controller makes the Bronco fantastic! Since I have the upgraded performance tune, one of the lower throttle response settings is all you need.

And I tried the Pedal Commander as well...it works fine, but the software is horrendous/unusable. And in contrast, the Ultimate9 is WAY smaller, mounts about anywhere, and costs over $100 less. It's a great throttle controller!

Sponsored

CartierChiro

Base
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Forte, '96 Impala, '64 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got mine done today, feels MUCH more responsive. The shifting is much smoother and faster. One particular turn on the way him is a right hand turn of about 110 degrees with a big uphill. Having to slow down to 10mph or so it was always very sluggish going up that hill on the turn. Shifting was slow and just wasnt smooth. I can tell a huge difference in that turn by itself. As well as at red lights taking off normal. They wanted me to drive normally for the first 50-60 miles, should hit that tomorrow and put it thru more paces. Besides what I feel like it a rip off from the dealer, very happy with it. Tried to charge me $668, ended up being $468.
howd you talk them down?

CartierChiro

Base
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Forte, '96 Impala, '64 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did anyone see increases at top speed. Noticed mine at stock levels out at 100mph anyone know how to bypass that?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did anyone see increases at top speed. Noticed mine at stock levels out at 100mph anyone know how to bypass that?
The Ford Performance calibration doesn't raise the factory top speed limiter. The Whipple calibration however will raise it to 120mph.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
howd you talk them down?
Just told the guy ringing me up almost $700 for 65 minutes with no parts is ridiculous. Reminded him that they dropped my last car off a lift. He just said let me see what I can do. Went from 3 hours of labor, to 2. Which is still ridiculous, but better.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just told the guy ringing me up almost $700 for 65 minutes with no parts is ridiculous. Reminded him that they dropped my last car off a lift. He just said let me see what I can do. Went from 3 hours of labor, to 2. Which is still ridiculous, but better.
Lol, user name checks out.
Sponsored