First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Forte, '96 Impala, '64 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford Performance calibration doesn't raise the factory top speed limiter. The Whipple calibration however will raise it to 120mph.
im guessing that while running 93 octane? or does the Whipple tune bypass the limiter all together?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
im guessing that while running 93 octane? or does the Whipple tune bypass the limiter all together?
It has nothing to do with octane. Their calibration simply raises the stock speed limiter in general.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol, user name checks out.
Had a Mach-E GT, that I REALLY liked. So much, I tried every way to keep it. But frame was bent. Spent a good amount of money on it, new rims with 20x10.5 in the back, 9.5's in front. Spoiler, mud flaps, tints, etc. This is last year when Ford put a stop sale on all Mach-E's due to a recall. So they couldnt sell me one, even if they could fine one. But they are still very hard to get, especially the GT's. I was not in the market for anything else, but had no choice. Bronco is only other vehicle I wanted. Last Aug they too were hard to find. Took 2 months, and finally got the one I have now.

Led me to my Bronco, which I am happy with. But damn I loved that car too.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 42F55835-_20220927_084529

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review B056254E-_20220927_084529

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had a Mach-E GT, that I REALLY liked. So much, I tried every way to keep it. But frame was bent. Spent a good amount of money on it, new rims with 20x10.5 in the back, 9.5's in front. Spoiler, mud flaps, tints, etc. This is last year when Ford put a stop sale on all Mach-E's due to a recall. So they couldnt sell me one, even if they could fine one. But they are still very hard to get, especially the GT's. I was not in the market for anything else, but had no choice. Bronco is only other vehicle I wanted. Last Aug they too were hard to find. Took 2 months, and finally got the one I have now.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review B056254E-_20220927_084529

Crazy!! I had a Mach E GT performance edition for a while. It was indeed a great car but I needed to make room for more important stuff so I traded it in for close to what I paid for it after putting 10k miles on it.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crazy!! I had a Mach E GT performance edition for a while. It was indeed a great car but I needed to make room for more important stuff so I traded it in for close to what I paid for it after putting 10k miles on it.
Yeah, gut punching fast.

Bought my Procal from Lethal Performance on Jan 4th, received it on Jan 6th. VERY fast shipping, highly recommended.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sharp vehicle, and sucks that it couldn’t be replaced.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, gut punching fast.

Bought my Procal from Lethal Performance on Jan 4th, received it on Jan 6th. VERY fast shipping, highly recommended.
Thanks for the business and awesome feedback! Much appreciated 🤟

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys i'm in need of advice on which tuner to go with. The two options that i'm looking at are the Roush perfomance pac 1 and Ford Performance tune. I have the 2.7L, 4 door v6 big bend. Planning on putting some eibach coilovers for 2" lift with 35's. Engine mods might include just a CAI and maybe an aftermarket exhaust? Any suggestions??

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys i'm in need of advice on which tuner to go with. The two options that i'm looking at are the Roush perfomance pac 1 and Ford Performance tune. I have the 2.7L, 4 door v6 big bend. Planning on putting some eibach coilovers for 2" lift with 35's. Engine mods might include just a CAI and maybe an aftermarket exhaust? Any suggestions??
Hey there!

Both are solid options. The Roush setup would be using the Roush aftermarket warranty (very similar to Ford Performance's) but does come with their intake/filter setup. This is why it's a tad more expensive and why they claim it to make some more power. I do enjoy the ProCal device that comes with the Ford Performance tune... so keep that in mind in terms of differences.

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey there!

Both are solid options. The Roush setup would be using the Roush aftermarket warranty (very similar to Ford Performance's) but does come with their intake/filter setup. This is why it's a tad more expensive and why they claim it to make some more power. I do enjoy the ProCal device that comes with the Ford Performance tune... so keep that in mind in terms of differences.

Ah ok, i think i'll prob go with the ford tune........one more question.......I'm also wanting like a 2.5" lift (not going to do any offroading, going to run 35"s....maybe 37"s......i was going to go with the Eibach stage 2 coilovers, but with me wanting to add the ford tune and aftermarket bumpers cost came into the picture as well. So for my non offroading needs what lift would you recommend that's still pretty decent quality that would still provide good driveability?

Sponsored

Jimsea

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After reading up on the procal 4 tune it seemed to address some of the minor issues the 2.7 could improve on.

The reviews here were good so i figured out how to use my points and found a Ford dealer who knew what i was talking about. That place ended up being Brandon Ford. It took an hour. I told the technician what items i wanted and didn’t want. He made it happen without any complaints.

All i can say is wow. The comments here from those who have done it are spot on. Smooth shifting. The turbos kick in smoothly and earlier. Gas pedal response is smoother. That word “smooth” is coming up a lot. Lol

Very refined improvements. Enjoy, you’ll wish you had gotten it sooner.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could someone please help me with this? I had my ford dealer install the Procal4 unit yesterday. Drove it home...didn't seem to have much of a difference from stock...but also, the start/stop did not stay "stopped" like many have discussed on this thread. So I'm thinking it must be a feature I need to turn on or something.

I called Ford Performance and they said they know nothing about start/stop...and said it was not part of the Procal unit. But that seems incorrect as many of you have spoken about this being a benefit of the Procal.

Could someone share how they turned on the option to make start/stop stay off with the Procal unit?
Just simply turn to start/stop button off and it will stay off every time you start it

Bruzzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX SAS; 1965 Shelby Cobra (Backdraft)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it doesn’t, it wasn’t installed correctly. That’s what happened to me so I reinstalled and bingo.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was told today by our Ford Performance rep that they are hoping to have approval for the 2023 models in 2 weeks. Although that's the anticipated timeframe it's not set in stone and can change.

We'll update the thread once we have confirmation of the cals being available for the 2023's.
Sponsored