IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ford can't be trusted to adhere to a schedule. We can discuss reasons but that is the simple reality.

For us, the car the Bronco is replacing is dead, we can't do without it and we need a replacement now. We were making due expecting a mid September delivery but that's no longer reality. Choices are to rent for a few months or to buy new and then sell. What would be on your list?

We looked at a Jeep Renegade today because they're cheap and available.

Ford Bronco Potential Hold Over Vehicles? 1628483111542
Sponsored

tamalediet

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 XLT and a bunch of others- preorder on a BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just bought my wife an FJ for the same reason. Her car was on the fritz but I felt comfortable limping it this summer expecting my early res would be built, but it’s not. She always wanted one and they don’t depreciate much so I got a low mileage one and hope to sell it for close to what I paid for it when the Bronco is finally ready.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are the only one who knows what your family needs or desires. Lease a vehicle if you just want an SUV, then buy the Bronco later. I am not sure a Renegade will have a good resale value or even be a good choice based on value. Look at resale values if you really want the Bronco a few years from this disaster. I'd consider Chapman Ford's offer to buy back the lease on a Jeep Wrangler within 15 months if you can get a Bronco by the end of that period.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same thing for about the same reasons and ended up in a Ranger Tremor. It’s no Renegade, but it’s getting the job done for me.

Find something that suits your purpose and just buy/sell. The market isn’t cooling down anytime soon according to all the dealerships around me (AZ). Renting is a terrible idea. I looked into it and the monthly payment on a $50k truck with zero down at below inflation (2% apr is free money right now) was cheaper here. Not even close in cost.

The bonus of this plan? I got to see this sunset tonight.. My Audi wouldn’t have done the job.

8 hours through canyons today. Whew.

32A8186F-7C20-4F7D-AEDB-076EC1FE9528.jpeg

174F533D-91BF-4D3A-B8BD-A8FDBC4EAF31.jpeg

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just bought my wife an FJ for the same reason. Her car was on the fritz but I felt comfortable limping it this summer expecting my early res would be built, but it’s not. She always wanted one and they don’t depreciate much so I got a low mileage one and hope to sell it for close to what I paid for it when the Bronco is finally ready.
I did the same thing over the winter and did regret it. Great hold over vehicle.

ACCE8BBA-79AE-4B6E-B9FC-199B1BB0B13D.jpeg

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lost the Audi TT when right at the announcement. Knew I’d have to wait a while to get a Bronco. Picked up an onl wrangler and it’s done the job. Once my Bronco comes in, I have 5-6 people around me wanting my old Jeep, including my first time driving daughter.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You talk about Cyber Orange looking like a school bus? I picked up something that SOUNDS like a school bus, and accelerates like one, as well.

1987 with 207,000 miles. Everything works. Only U.S. production year for this combo of body style and diesel powerplant. Found it on Craigslist, 90 minutes away.

Tempted to ditch my 2018 GTI (Carvana offering $3k more than I paid for it) and daily drive this until my 7/14 two-door is delivered. Then maybe list this on Bring-A-Trailer.

Ford Bronco Potential Hold Over Vehicles? 228421512_2617564755214003_8729578127463030424_n

Ford Bronco Potential Hold Over Vehicles? 227895941_207749894638312_6612495877474907992_n

Ford Bronco Potential Hold Over Vehicles? 228614053_1466482627064359_1060745322372690823_n

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are 3% under invoice on any new Jeep order.
Man, I think I would buy one but being all the way out in California...just doesn't make sense unless you have some trick up your sleeve.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Take @DealerInsider up on his Wrangler/Gladiator buyback guarantee
OT but On Topic too, would @DealerInsider be willing to post what is currently out on their lease deals and when they might be expected back? Maybe some folks might be interested in that? Could be a good deal for both parties - turn in lease on day 1 and that lease leaves as a purchase the next day with hardly any cost of inventorying it.

Just a thought...

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OT but On Topic too, would @DealerInsider be willing to post what is currently out on their lease deals and when they might be expected back? Maybe some folks might be interested in that? Could be a good deal for both parties - turn in lease on day 1 and that lease leaves as a purchase the next day with hardly any cost of inventorying it.

Just a thought...
These are his Jeep deals:

im glad you asked:

WILLYS/4XE/GLADIATOR with 15 month Guaranteed Buyback...

Try the Chapman of Horsham Guaranteed Buyback Program...

3 easy steps...

1. Pick one of the specs and pick a color...your Wrangler/Gladiator will arrive to me between 3 & 8 weeks for you to pick up (we can work out shipping to your door with a quote from uship.com)...

2. Make monthly lease payments until your Bronco/Maverick arrives...

3. By month 15, bring the Wrangler/Gladiator back to me & swap into your Bronco/Maverick...

Spec 1: Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4XE 29P - INCLUDES LEATHER & PAINTED HARDTOP - $400 x 36

Spec 2: Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4XE 29V - INCLUDES PAINTED FENDERS &
HARDTOP - $510 x 36

Spec 3: Gladiator 24W Willys - INCLUDES HARDTOP - $350 x 36

Spec 4: Wrangler Unlimited 24W Willys - INCLUDES HARDTOP - $385 x 36

Color Options: Billet Silver, Black, Bright White, Granite Crystal, Hellayella, Hydro Blue, Sarge Green, Sting-Gray

Bottom line: come up out of pocket with the 1st payment & tax & tags for your state...make the monthly payment...take care of the vehicle like it's your own...drive under 1k per month...i trade in your lease and payoff it off based on the schedule attached...

Stipulations: Credit restrictions apply...your 1st payment & states tax/tags are due @ signing (I included the PA doc in the cap cost)...wear & use guidelines apply (attached is FMCC pdf we will use)...the lease is 10k per year, but i am allowing 1000 per month for the buyback...Buyback is good for 15 months from date of 1st payment...if you decide to keep the vehicle after 15 months, you are still contractually obligated to the lessor (leasing company)

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These are his Jeep deals:
Right, I was thinking more of an inventory of what is out and when it might be due to come back in. Rather than checking their website we could look at the list and say "I like that one" and then roughly schedule the purchase after the Bronco owner returns it.
Sponsored