Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Quick question: The 2.7 Liter EcoBoost and Electronic 10 Speed automatic transmission is used in the F-150 as a package at a cost of $995.00. Shouldn't that engine & transmission cost the same no matter what vehicle is go in? I know I'd rather spend the $995.00 and the extra $700.00 toward something else.
See my post on page 107 about this.
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7,000 posts on this forum on the difference and you have to post the wrong information.

10,000 new members and some have never heard of what search is.

The difference is, for the 80,000,000 time, tires and .6 inches, which NO ONE has determined where or how that is acheived.

Please don't "suppose" unknown facts, when members with inside knowledge do not know yet.

the question was about what justifies $2500 cost difference? ANYONE can see that the tires are larger and the vehicle sits higher .... that's not what he was asking about!!!!!

Last edited:

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know why people would buy the Sasquatch Package to begin with. For the Black Diamond its $4500 for a 1.3 in lift, 35 inch tires that are meh in my opinion and a front locker. I've been off road plenty of times in various trucks and SUVs over the years and never needed front and rear lockers. I plan on saving money and just getting some Bilstein 6112 coilovers that will give me 2.0 in of lift and get the tires and wheels i want and probably still have money left over. I love the prices for all options. Lots of people are butt hurt about the prices and thought a top tier off roader should be affordable. Absolutely laughable, I'm hoping a lot of reservations get dropped so I get mine sooner.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand all of that. I am not talking starting. I'm talking optioned out. Again, a nicely optioned 2010 GT500 50kish, a nicely optioned 2020 breaks 100k. It is not twice the car. Maybe if I could get passed not adding the track pack it would be more reasonable... It is a fantastic vehicle, and probably worth every penny. We can agree to disagree though. I know inflation, R&D, competitive market, etc... It's all good, I just won't pay 6 figures for at the end of the day a car based upon a sub 30k structure unless it was modified in Vegas at Shelby. I've had 5 V8 powered stangs since my first Fox, but 100k is just stupid. It has pushed the vehicle out of the hands of the people that want it the most. Just my .02 cents. I can certainly afford it, I just won't spend it. Oh well. Back to the Bronco. :)
The $48k starting price on the 2010 compared to the $72k starting price on the 2020 is a significant change in the dynamics of the car. The 2010 car was a 540hp 5.4 with mild upgrades over the base GT besides the engine. This new one has a lot of upgrades including the Tremec DCT, upgraded cooling, and a beefed up IRS. Even a premium GT is about 20k more than it was when I bought mine back in 2011 with the SRA. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why people would buy the Sasquatch Package to begin with. For the Black Diamond its $4500 for a 1.3 in lift, 35 inch tires that are meh in my opinion and a front locker. I've been off road plenty of times in various trucks and SUVs over the years and never needed front and rear lockers. I plan on saving money and just getting some Bilstein 6112 coilovers that will give me 2.0 in of lift and get the tires and wheels i want and probably still have money left over. I love the prices for all options. Lots of people are butt hurt about the prices and thought a top tier off roader should be affordable. Absolutely laughable, I'm hoping a lot of reservations get dropped so I get mine sooner.
Isnt the sasquatch package necessary for overlanding?

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand all of that. I am not talking starting. I'm talking optioned out. Again, a nicely optioned 2010 GT500 50kish, a nicely optioned 2020 breaks 100k. It is not twice the car. Maybe if I could get passed not adding the track pack it would be more reasonable... It is a fantastic vehicle, and probably worth every penny. We can agree to disagree though. I know inflation, R&D, competitive market, etc... It's all good, I just won't pay 6 figures for at the end of the day a car based upon a sub 30k structure unless it was modified in Vegas at Shelby. I've had 5 V8 powered stangs since my first Fox, but 100k is just stupid. It has pushed the vehicle out of the hands of the people that want it the most. Just my .02 cents. I can certainly afford it, I just won't spend it. Oh well. Back to the Bronco. :)
I don’t have one but I have a couple of friends that do. The track pack is worth it if you are going to track the hell out of it and push it to the full limit. One friend has it the other doesn’t. Honestly I like the non track pack car better, it does have the handling pack and seems to do just fine. I believe the non track pack with the handling pack 500 was around $78k. They both love their cars and the one that got the track pack doesn’t need it just more money than sense lol

I get where everyone is coming from but I don’t think the gt500 relates to the bronco. I know it’s about price but you’re all talking about a low production vehicle which in itself raises costs. The bronco will be mass produced like a lower model stang.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me Navigation is a joke we all have it on our phones. And the trail thing its cool but 99% of all trails are already mapped and you can load an app or buy the maps. That 1% is't going on any map ever that for the hard core people and they aren't giving that out. Rock Crawling is a blast and we have tons of places to go but Ford didn't reinvent the wheel just added a cool way of mapping it. But not worth it. That Nav is just something cool to show your friends.
I 100% agree with you. Maps get outdated fast, but I like the idea of navigation when there's no cell service, which is why I'd like to get the middle package and maybe do an on/off subscription when needed.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Which is it? Sure hope you didn't get an email survey...

Sponsored

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isnt the sasquatch package necessary for overlanding?
No bro, you just need some 33s or 32s at most, im definitely sticking with steel wheels for my off road set of wheels putting 33s when I wear down the orginal tires and keeping a set of wheels (all 5) for city driving.

My go kit will be those wheels, tent on the rack, boxs, and auxilly fuel tank behind the spare tire

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is it? Sure hope you didn't get an email survey...
I got the survey. The Black Diamond has a rear locker already that's why its $500 cheaper than other trims other than Badlands.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't even added any of the other goodies yet like leather or tech track.

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2013 Ford Focus S Manual, 2018 F150 XLT 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That seems like the oddest rule ever. What's the purpose of limiting the tire size?
With a touch of sarcasm: Turtles, 33" tire will save turtles but 35" will not save turtles.
Sponsored