Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More reliable than what?? A vehicle that hasn't come out yet?
I don’t even know which model to compare. If it’s a TRD PRO it’s $50k starting price. Lucky to get any money off. Plus my buddy’s gf drives one and she has had two transmissions in three years (under warranty) plus numerous engine issues. She actually wants to trade it for an explorer. She has a TRD premium.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But, they are sooooooooo boring.
Yeah I don’t think these are as comparable. Take a 4 runner to an off road park and see how many bumper covers you come back with. If the answer is 2 you stuck to the gravel trail. Lol

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build and price on the new F-150 is live now and the 2.7 V-6 is only $1,195. Hopefully it will be the same for the Bronco.

D650610C-C5D4-43AD-ADED-5AA544B4B2B8.png

Sponsored

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I work as an analyst and build surveys for a living. If this survey was setup to determine pricing, it was done as a secondary to gauging feature interest and as such isn't going to give the correct impression as far as pricing preferences. I wouldn't expect users to give good, actionable data for pricing with that structure.

The questions were phrased in such a way that it leans more heavily on if the buyer wants the feature and less on how the buyer feels about the price. I hate to armchair analyst, but by way of example, if I were creating a survey to get at both interest and price feel I would of gone with:

"Are you interested in adding XXX feature to your Bronco?"

If the user answered "Yes" I would then branch them into the option:

"If XXX feature costs $$$, would that make you more or less likely to purchase?"

That setup would of let me look at interest in a particular feature as well as the impact pricing had on that interest.
you stated my concern much more clearly.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get a 2021 4runner. It's cheaper and more reliable.
If I could get the top off...maybe, but whoever said "boring" above is correct. The bottom line is that the Bronco is way more capable, has way more character, and the Ecoboost 2.7 is worlds better than the Toyota 4.0 with ancient 5 speed (which I owned for 5 years). Toyota has gotten extremely lazy with their innovation in almost all areas. I appreciate that they offer an option built on a frame, but it is way, way behind where it could have been.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could get the top off...maybe, but whoever said "boring" above is correct. The bottom line is that the Bronco is way more capable, has way more character, and the Ecoboost 2.7 is worlds better than the Toyota 4.0 with ancient 5 speed (which I owned for 5 years). Toyota has gotten extremely lazy with their innovation in almost all areas. I appreciate that they offer an option built on a frame, but it is way, way behind where it could have been.
But you dont get Toyota reliability with a Ford Bronco. I own a 2005 Toyota Tacoma with almost 200k miles on it and the only thing that had to be replaced is a water pump.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But why is the 4runner sooooo boring? They are reliable and have android auto and apply car play.
That’s like when I compare my 2018 F150 XLT 2.7 4x4 with my neighbors 2018 Tundra Limited 4x4. Mine has everything his does and more. Plus he went from a 2005 F150 King Ranch and it was barely an upgrade for him. He has a bass tracker that the tundra hates to pull up the hill on his driveway unlike when we hooked it up to my truck or my wife’s explorer platinum that made it seem effortless. He said when his lease is up he’s going back to the 150. ?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just get a 2021 4runner. It's cheaper and more reliable.
Hopefully you have the updated fuel pump so that you're not part of the ongoing recall. Like the one for my Tacoma. You know...where they don't even have a solution yet.

Don't get me wrong. Toyotas are generally reliable but they are far from perfect.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But you dont get Toyota reliability with a Ford Bronco. I own a 2005 Toyota Tacoma with almost 200k miles on it and the only thing that had to be replaced is a water pump.
Probably not...I never had a problem with my FJ that wasn't trail imposed, but I'll accept a little risk (and it is small in today's vehicles) for a WAY better performing vehicle with WAY more character. But you do you....ol' reliable but boring, stale, and outdated....or still pretty reliable, but none of those negatives.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Toyota doesn’t get “Toyota reliability” anymore. Why do you think when they came out with the new engines and trans in the Tacoma the old ones cost just as much if not more than a new one? All the problems. They struggle to keep up styling and technology on their trucks and 4 runners. We were going to get a land cruiser and it was sooooo underwhelming for the price we laughed at it. Boring and overrated is accurate.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably not...I never had a problem with my FJ that wasn't trail imposed, but I'll accept a little risk (and it is small in today's vehicles) for a WAY better performing vehicle with WAY more character. But you do you....ol' reliable but boring, stale, and outdated....or still pretty reliable, but none of those negatives.
The older Toyota’s are far superior to the newer ones reliability wise.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While we’re talking reliability, my wife’s 2014 explorer sport with the 3.5 EcoBoost had 120k miles worry free. I will say ford says replace the spark plugs on an EcoBoost at 100k miles... this is not the case. 45-50k or maybe 60k miles max. You will notice it runs slightly rough and think there’s a problem. Swap the plugs out it runs like new again. We swapped ours at 78k, rookie mistake. My buddy uses his f150 with a 3.5 EcoBoost for work and always has it loaded down in the back plus pulls an 18 foot trailer and he has 200k miles on it. He needs to change the plugs again but other than changing the oil every 5k miles he has had no problems. Same goes for my dads 2011 F150 with the EcoBoost. Just saying.
Sponsored