First Name
Ihor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Vette, 2017 Lexus RX450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if Ford Marketing is still listening; I just saw the new Tremor, very nice looking vehicle. I also saw in the concept a new hoop-style step. Not complaining, either version of the steps are acceptable, however, one future owners opinion, the hoop-style step seem more aesthetically pleasing on the Outer Banks 2Dr and 4DR instead of the Powder Coated Tube Steps which are already part of the package.

Ford Bronco Powder Coated Tube Steps vs the Tremor Hoop-Style Steps InkedScreenshot_2020-09-15 Ford® - New Hybrid Electric Vehicles, SUVs, Crossovers, Trucks, Van

Ford Bronco Powder Coated Tube Steps vs the Tremor Hoop-Style Steps Inked2021Bronco_Series_OUTERBANKS_LI
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find both ugly, but the Ranger's far worse.

The OB's steps look too big (wide) and it throws off the look for me.

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been saying since day 1 that I'll be putting g power steps on my OBX. Hate the look of steps or running boards, but love the functionality of them. Powersteps are the best of both!

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been saying since day 1 that I'll be putting g power steps on my OBX. Hate the look of steps or running boards, but love the functionality of them. Powersteps are the best of both!
I agree, powered steps do look better.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never understood that step style. Just more points to hang up on stuff when offroad. Especially for vehicles that aren't all that tall
^ This. Totally this.

For a vehicle built to go off road, you don’t want things hanging any lower than needed. But if you must (my wife isn’t tall) and can’t do a power step - keep it a straight rail. Those hoops are just barbs to hang you up on rocks/obstacles.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the different people I haul around and wanting to use mine as a daily driver, steps are a nice feature if I go taller then 32”. I would like to try both a SQ equipped and non SQ without boards and see how the step on is before I choose. Rails would be my preference, but my days of jumping into a lifted truck as a daily driver are past?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I get steps, I'll go with power steps. My wife will need something to help her get in.

First, I don't like the look of steps.

Second, they are snow and ice catchers. Snow and ice build up on them while driving, and then melt off in the garage. My F-150 melts off enough snow and ice to almost cover the whole garage floor with water.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree on the snow and ice. I can’t fit my F150 in the garage with my wife’s Explorer, but the Bronco probably will. If I built this house, it would have a hose bib in the garage to rinse the vehicles off in the winter. I am trying to figure out how to set up a rinse station for both the garage floor issues and to keep the Bronco as salt free as possible.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally if you get the option, pass on running board from Ford. There are usually a ton of really nice aftermarket ones that look and function far better. Not to mention they are cake to put on.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not looked at aftermarket running boards in a long time. Do they usually use factory mounting points and a “no drill” installation? I don’t want to risk exposing steel to the MI salt if I can keep the factory corrosion protection in place as long as possible. I would like to look at a more robust “nerf” style bar if possible.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will never get steps. Preferably rock rails connected to the frame that stick out enough to use as a step. After that tube nerf bars. If neither then I would put nothing and just pull myself up and in.

Why would you limit your clearance?
Steps are for those that are vertically challenged or older. And even if you normally don't have an issue and can hop right in...throw your back out and see how well that works. Granted you may not be in a condition to drive, but you probably can't even pull yourself into your rig on the passenger side. Ask me how I know with my lifted FJCruiser. I had to go to the doctor in my wife's Subie because I couldn't get in my own truck.

Getting old officially sucks.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not looked at aftermarket running boards in a long time. Do they usually use factory mounting points and a “no drill” installation? I don’t want to risk exposing steel to the MI salt if I can keep the factory corrosion protection in place as long as possible. I would like to look at a more robust “nerf” style bar if possible.
Super easy, mount at factory points. Rarely requires more than a basic socket set. Check out RealTruck for some ideas.
Sponsored