Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to have my beadlock rings powder coated. Anyone already do this? Anyone have recommendations in the Boston area? I imagine not all body shops can do it, but I could be wrong on that one.
Sponsored

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't help you with shop recommendations or anything but just Google powder coating near me, worked for me.

Just responding here incase you're not aware that removing the rings can be a real pita. No clue why but Ford out yellow locktite on the bolts and they can be very tough to break free, I had a torx bit shear off they were so tight, and when it happened the force jumped me forward putting a large gouge in the ring, powder coating fixed that at least. I also lost 3 of the bolts due to stripping and they are $20 each to replace.

Just a heads up. It's still worth doing just be careful and ready.

Also before and after pic just because
Ford Bronco Powder coating recommendations in Boston area Screenshot_2023-02-24-16-33-57-59_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912

OP
OP
Knittel

Knittel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can't help you with shop recommendations or anything but just Google powder coating near me, worked for me.

Just responding here incase you're not aware that removing the rings can be a real pita. No clue why but Ford out yellow locktite on the bolts and they can be very tough to break free, I had a torx bit shear off they were so tight, and when it happened the force jumped me forward putting a large gouge in the ring, powder coating fixed that at least. I also lost 3 of the bolts due to stripping and they are $20 each to replace.

Just a heads up. It's still worth doing just be careful and ready.

Also before and after pic just because
Ford Bronco Powder coating recommendations in Boston area Screenshot_2023-02-24-16-33-57-59_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912
Looks amazing. Ford seems to sell the color I want. Maybe it’s worth it to have them deal with sheared off bolts. Did you have to drill any out?

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks amazing. Ford seems to sell the color I want. Maybe it’s worth it to have them deal with sheared off bolts. Did you have to drill any out?
Lucky or unlucky....after shearing a bit and stripping a bolt I gave up for day to come back to it. Next day my alarm kept going off due to bad hood latch sensor and I had to take it to the dealer. While it was in I asked service to break free all the bolts for me and remove the stripped ones lol. They didn't really get why I was asking for this but they did it for free and I didn't have to deal with drilling them out or messing up more bolts.

I think the Ford rings cost $700, powder coating shouldn't be more than $200. It's your money but better to just get the rings you already have powder coated. I've read some people say they have no problem and bolts come right out and some seem like mine. Give it a shot and if it is tough have your dealer deal with loosening them.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heat usually breaks the thread locker loose, might want to hit the bolts with a heat gun prior to attempting removal. I don’t have a SAS, are those bolts Torx Plus?

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
when I did my beauty rings, I took my time with the bolts to the point where once the bolts were off, I hit them with a brush to get most of the residual thread.Coker off and then put anti seize on them before reinserting. For the rings, I ceramic coated them before putting them on

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also interested in the answer to OP's question and would appreciate any recommendations.

I called The Wheel Fix, which seems to be one of the highest rated local powder coaters. If I understood correctly, they quoted me $125 per ring ($625 total), which seems quite a bit higher than what others have reported on this and other threads in this forum.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An update, so that I do not lead the community astray. I contacted The Wheel Fix again, and they quoted me $40/ring (assuming that I remove and re-install myself). Much more reasonable.
Sponsored