Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as they dont resist folding back to vigorously I dont mind not being powered. If I hit the side of the garage that should fold it in for me. (my xterra barely fits, I think the bronco is going to be worse)
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As long as they dont resist folding back to vigorously I dont mind not being powered. If I hit the side of the garage that should fold it in for me. (my xterra barely fits, I think the bronco is going to be worse)
Backing out for me, unfolded, on the passenger side, if I hit, will tear off the mirror.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford mirrors are shockingly expensive. A Power folding, blind spot monitor, with led spotlights, puddle lamps and a 360 camera will run you well over $1000 on an f-150. Wouldn't want to break one of those on the trail. Less is more here, unless you have garage issues

351WindsorFTW

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Ecoboost Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand Ford's marketing this as a rugged off-road vehicle, but omitting so many features that are available in other vehicles in this segment is pigeonholing and not going to capture as wide of a market share that they're hoping for.

I love LOVE the Bronco and have owned 3 of them previously, but I might sit out this year and wait for the technology offerings to catch up a little before signing the dotted line on one

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting the Lux package and still no power folding mirrors listed, PLEASE FORD, this is so basic in 2021?
I agree these should definitely be on the Lux package. I think on the High package as well.

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It might have to do with the way the mirrors are on the A-frame in lieu of the door. Ususally power folding mirrors fold in/open when you open/close the door. Now think about this with the setup on the Bronco. If your mirrors are folded when you open the door you would open it right into the mirror. There was a patent a while back about how the mirrors operate when you open and close the door but i have not seen these operate in person yet so I am not sure if it made it into the final product.

Couldn't they "gullwing " the mirrors up and out of the way?

It would actually give MORE clearance for the mirrors because they would essently then be inside of the body now instead of just being a lower profile,
With standard door mounted mirrors it wouldn't work but with these it would.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It might have to do with the way the mirrors are on the A-frame in lieu of the door. Ususally power folding mirrors fold in/open when you open/close the door. Now think about this with the setup on the Bronco. If your mirrors are folded when you open the door you would open it right into the mirror. There was a patent a while back about how the mirrors operate when you open and close the door but i have not seen these operate in person yet so I am not sure if it made it into the final product.
Ooh, good point.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t read all the specs on the few highest trims bc I’m not looking at those. But what I have seen has manual folding mirrors as standard and I haven’t seen mention of an option for power.
I have 2 single car garage stalls , and power fold mirrors would be a very nice to have . You guys see anything abt this?
After reading the post about the issue with the mirrors being mounted on the pillars, I'm thinking you'll either need to become a better judge of where the Bronco sits in your garage doorway or strategically place a foam pad at the correct height to "coax" the mirrors inward as you enter the garage. :ROFLMAO:

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is 76 inches wide with mirrors folded and 86 inches wide with mirrors extended.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is an options/access panel in conjunction with the mirror mounting bracket. It will be interesting to see what capabilities that might entail, including secondary market items.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is 76 inches wide with mirrors folded and 86 inches wide with mirrors extended.
That leaves 5 inches on either side of an 8-foot wide garage door. Should be easy to navigate using the driver's side as a guide. He just needs to be no more than 9" away on the driver's side. :)

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kindof on the wide side of things. I think a typical single car garage opening is only about 92 or so.
That leaves 5 inches on either side of an 8-foot wide garage door. Should be easy to navigate using the driver's side as a guide. He just needs to be no more than 9" away on the driver's side. :)
The odd thing is that my Xterra is narrower and yet it feels really close when pulling into an 8ft opening. Its never been an issue but it certainly looks, from the driver seat, like there is a lot less than 14 inches of clearance. (split to either side of course)

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it’s a convenience thing. But I don’t understand why they can fold back but not forward and would like.

A mirror folding back won’t break if you hit something, but folding forward would? Also I think every mirror is designed with the assumption that you don’t hit something.
Ha, there's something else I was just thinking about... the stock fender flares stick out 3.5" from the fenders. If you get the Sasquatch, they sick out 4.5" from the fenders!!! So, even with the mirrors folded back, you have a good chance of hitting the side of your car.

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading the post about the issue with the mirrors being mounted on the pillars, I'm thinking you'll either need to become a better judge of where the Bronco sits in your garage doorway or strategically place a foam pad at the correct height to "coax" the mirrors inward as you enter the garage. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I’m not planning on hitting my house, but power folding seems like a soption on ford other
Ha, there's something else I was just thinking about... the stock fender flares stick out 3.5" from the fenders. If you get the Sasquatch, they sick out 4.5" from the fenders!!! So, even with the mirrors folded back, you have a good chance of hitting the side of your car.
thats true, and I have never had folding mirrors, I was just thinking it’s odd to not even offer it. Fold forward, up, down, etc, something should be offered
Sponsored