Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On mirrors: The photos show no convex spot mirrors (probably has a "objects are closer.." pass. side), this is good. On my '13 Explorer convex spots are on the upper outboard, horrid design. This is where you are looking for vehicles out and back not in and close, they get in the way. If present they should be low and inboard.
Trims without BLIS have the spot mirrors.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That leaves 5 inches on either side of an 8-foot wide garage door. Should be easy to navigate using the driver's side as a guide. He just needs to be no more than 9" away on the driver's side. :)
Mine garage opening is about 82 inches. My Escape is pretty easy to to back into it with needing to fold the mirrors. I’m not worried about being able to back into the garage with the Bronco, just the hassle of needing to fold the mirrors every time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I second this for so many reasons vs why it shouldn't have them.
This is a fail IMO. There could be so many situations to have the option to fold even one mirror from the drivers seat. Imagine being in a tight spot off roading and the passenger side mirror is a little too close to something, but no passenger to move it. Then of course, the tight garage or parking spot.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It might have to do with the way the mirrors are on the A-frame in lieu of the door. Ususally power folding mirrors fold in/open when you open/close the door. Now think about this with the setup on the Bronco. If your mirrors are folded when you open the door you would open it right into the mirror. There was a patent a while back about how the mirrors operate when you open and close the door but i have not seen these operate in person yet so I am not sure if it made it into the final product.
I think all Fords that have power auto folding mirrors unfold when you unlock the door?

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never noticed that folding mirrors were missing. Guess that shows me for assuming things.

More concerned about not having power folding mirrors on the trail. Shaving some width would help a lot here in the Deep South on our notoriously narrow trails due to overgrowth.

Guess I can live with manual, but would be great to fold in and out on trails where needed to keep from having a tree do it for me....

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even on a trail with deep mud?
With washable interiors, all things are possible. ? I’ll just drive it through the car wash when I’m done. ?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think all Fords that have power auto folding mirrors unfold when you unlock the door?
Right, like when you’re walking up and you hit “unlock” on the key fob. The Bronco would likely not have proximity entry then where if you’re near the vehicle with the key and you pull the door handle it automatically unlocks and opens.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've never had an issue with my 2015 rubicon wrangler's completely dumb mirrors. They're not power or power folding. If you're offroad and about to hit something with the mirror, you've already ripped off a fender, and you're probably about to have some body damage.

For garage doors, I've broken an F150 power mechanism backing out of an 8 feet wide garage door. Normally I have maybe two inches on either side when pulling in and out. Usually not a problem unless your kid is screaming at you (when I broke mine).

I think no power folding in spite of the a-pillar mounting is a good thing. According to ford's offerings, I'm not their target customer and am in the minority. I'm a manual only, big engine, no electronic fluff guy. I actually buy new cars, though. Probably not a bronco based on year one's offerings, but I do buy new cars.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right, like when you’re walking up and you hit “unlock” on the key fob. The Bronco would likely not have proximity entry then where if you’re near the vehicle with the key and you pull the door handle it automatically unlocks and opens.
Add 1 more feature to the missing list. :(

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not all Fords, but a lot of them offer them on upper trims.

Oh no...do you know at what position on the mirror are they located?
Upper outer corner. You can make them out here:
Ford Bronco Power folding mirrors.. not an option? 1596681950325

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a really narrow driveway. Would really like this feature..

86" with the mirrors out is super wide.

The F-150 has power folding mirrors, this should too. Would make sense.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford mirrors are shockingly expensive. A Power folding, blind spot monitor, with led spotlights, puddle lamps and a 360 camera will run you well over $1000 on an f-150. Wouldn't want to break one of those on the trail. Less is more here, unless you have garage issues
I'm with you on this one. For an off road vehicle, I'd like to keep the replacement cost of the mirror reasonable.