Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This wouldn't help the garage issue, but maybe a quick detach option would work for off roading and such. Similar to how Harley Davidson accessories (Bags, Windshield, Sissy Bar etc.) can quick detach on certain models.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even on the Raptor the only way to get power folding mirrors is to opt for the 802A luxury package which is a very expensive package. The other option is to do it on your own. The wiring will be in place. Buy the parts and code it with Forscan.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even on the Raptor the only way to get power folding mirrors is to opt for the 802A luxury package which is a very expensive package. The other option is to do it on your own. The wiring will be in place. Buy the parts and code it with Forscan.
I don't know much about wiring and stuff but I'm sure someone could wire mirrors up to one of the free aux switches. That would be best for the folks that want to do it on the trail.

I'd rather them be cheap and easy to replace though. The only time I miss having power mirrors is when I'm washing my truck and the mirrors get moved around. Power windows stay in place.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the most 2020 thread on the forum, lol.

I saw the mirrors have the "Bronco" bolt caps, so just take them off when you need to park somewhere tight. (y)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha, there's something else I was just thinking about... the stock fender flares stick out 3.5" from the fenders. If you get the Sasquatch, they sick out 4.5" from the fenders!!! So, even with the mirrors folded back, you have a good chance of hitting the side of your car.
One reason I might avoid the squatch, not only for garage clearance but trail clearance as well.

I've always thought modern Jeeps were hampered by the sticking out fenders, and the Bronco would not be hampered by this and have more interior room per unit of width. Now they've 'jeeped' it with protruding fenders. Partly for safety, wide track means less rollover potential. Watching those Rubicon trail videos: an old CJ or Bronco might have just laid over.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the most 2020 thread on the forum, lol.

I saw the mirrors have the "Bronco" bolt caps, so just take them off when you need to park somewhere tight. (y)
What will you do with the wiring? They are still power operated and heated, they just don't power fold.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand the concerns of hitting the door since they are on the frame. However, the problem would be easily solved if the mirrors folded forward rather than backwards. This brings them in and out of the way without the door issue.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What will you do with the wiring? They are still power operated and heated, they just don't power fold.
Disclaimer: I didn't design the Bronco

So, I assume there is a plug-in connection at the mirror, even if it isn't meant to be taken off, to prevent high repair costs of rewiring to the fuse box every time someone breaks off their mirror.

Solution: 3D print a blank and tape over the hole if you're on the trail. Go take off a side mirror of a modern vehicle and check it out...preferably your own vehicle. ;) (y)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

So, I assume there is a plug-in connection at the mirror, even if it isn't meant to be taken off, to prevent high repair costs of rewiring to the fuse box every time someone breaks off their mirror.

Solution: 3D print a blank and tape over the hole if you're on the trail. Go take off a side mirror of a modern vehicle and check it out...preferably your own vehicle. ;) (y)
One shouldn't have to go to such an effort because Ford overlooked a much needed feature.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like they had to take the mirrors off to get the demo in and out of the transport truck.

Ford Bronco Power folding mirrors.. not an option? IMG_20200726_210803_971
Interesting. Has anyone seen the width specs WITH the mirrors on and unfolded? I’ve seen the 76.3 inch with folded mirror number but nothing about the full width with the mirrors out.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. Has anyone seen the width specs WITH the mirrors on and unfolded? I’ve seen the 76.3 inch with folded mirror number but nothing about the full width with the mirrors out.
86.2"

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The connector is most likely just inside the front fender around the dashboard/foot well area.
Sponsored