chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No marine battery in the FJ, just whatever the stock size is start battery. We have run the fridge for 24 hours in the FJ and a rental Tahoe without issue. The only problem is having to leave the key in the accessory position. I have been to lazy to install a battery direct receptacle
Sponsored

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a battery pack for 200 bucks on Amazon along with $100 solar panel. The LI battery pack will keep the fridge working overnight at my campsite with no issues. I charge the battery during the day with the solar panel. I even served everyone ice cream on the second night of camping.
I have to switch on the inverter in my 4Runner every time I start the car, which is a pain to remember on road trips when you are stopping to get gas etc.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No marine battery in the FJ, just whatever the stock size is start battery. We have run the fridge for 24 hours in the FJ and a rental Tahoe without issue. The only problem is having to leave the key in the accessory position. I have been to lazy to install a battery direct receptacle
How did this thread get to three pages without anyone answering his question???

In F150s Ford cuts power to most of the auxiliary system when you open the door after turning the ignition off. They keep a few designated "PowerPoints" running for a short time, and you can use Forscan to adjust this longer. If the voltage gets too low, the battery management system will shut everything off to preserve one more start.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just because I am about to leave on a trip with my Dometic fridge in the back of my FJ...

The FJ outlet (yeah just ONE in the whole vehicle) are off with the key out...

How does Ford do it?
Figured I'd try and answer the question. I went and plugged something into my RS. It powered up without the key, but i checked back after a little while and it had shut off.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely won't be an issue keeping things running overnight. Vehicles with start/stop get beefy AGMs (F150 w/ 3.5L is 65 Ah) and camping fridges are an intended design use of the system.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd still recommend running it off a house battery if it's going to get much use though.