Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice little burble, hope to find a decent exhaust with little to no drone though. Probably tough on the Bronco.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.3 Ecoboost is an extremely impressive engine. Too many people get caught up in the number of cylinder an engine has. For me I'm more impressed with 4 cylinders generating 300+ hp then 8 cylinders.

Most of my life I owned big clunky V8s and then I was so impressed with the technological advances the Auto industry made with 4 cylinder turbos. I ended up owning a few. My first was a Subaru WRX then I got a Focus ST and a Mustang Ecoboost. I absolutely loved the 2.3. With just a tune even you can get great performance.

There's just something cool about a small engine making big power. As this video shows there's so many possibilities for the 2.3 Ecoboost. It's definitely a high performance engine worth owning. I think its a perfect fit for the Bronco.

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used to doubt the credibility of a 4cyl engine compared to a V8. But my daughter’s 2018 ecoboost Mustang with the performance pack is lots quicker and accelerates harder than my stock 1993 5.0 5-speed mustang.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.3 is impressive in the ranger , mustang, and focus. Sadly I think it will get overlooked in the bronco because you can get the tt v6.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2.3 is impressive in the ranger , mustang, and focus. Sadly I think it will get overlooked in the bronco because you can get the tt v6.
Yah, I definitely see the 2.3 as the red headed stepchild. It's only relevant to me because Ford locked the 7MT with it.... Otherwise it's 2.7tt all the way (for me.)

I am sure the 2.3 is a great motor in its own right, and will be plenty for the Bronco. However, there are advantages of the 2.7tt that just set it apart. Power potential aside, the 2.7 is a CGI block that's incredibly tough, and has dual injection to keep it running clean. It has the provisions to be a low maintenance bulletproof engine...

Peter

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

aftermarket bolt ons will be fun with the 2.3, I am looking forward to it. 2.3 in the mustang is fun I have driven a few of them.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going automatic and plan to tune the 2.3L, what is holding you back from the 2.7L? The fact that you might have to wait longer for it? I think it’s worth it to get more power and have it wrapped into your loan. And then if you still want more power later you can tune that.

(Don’t mind me. Just trying to justify my 2.7L order. Lol)

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question about the Ford tune, if you just want a little extra power...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a32170394/ford-performance-ranger-tune/
Article says, "You'll have to use premium fuel."

Does that mean premium fuel *always*? Or premium fuel to get the most power, but it will be fine without premium fuel (and operate at lower power)?
The Ford tune requires premium all the time. That's what's nice about the Livernois tune you can flash back to the 87-89 tune when prices get high like they are right now.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re going automatic and plan to tune the 2.3L, what is holding you back from the 2.7L? The fact that you might have to wait longer for it? I think it’s worth it to get more power and have it wrapped into your loan. And then if you still want more power later you can tune that.

(Don’t mind me. Just trying to justify my 2.7L order. Lol)
After having the 2.3 in my Ranger I think it'll be great in the Bronco. I just can't justify spends another $1,900 for it and even tuned it's plenty fast enough, these aren't Mustangs. 😁
Sponsored

Last edited: