Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While waiting now 2 years for a Bronco, we purchased "off the lot" a 2022 XLT Powerboost F150. I am extremely impressed. We are getting 25+mpgs consistently driving the speed limit or 2-3+ over. This technology would be awesome for the Bronco! I know that Jeep tried, and perhaps failed, at a Hybrid Jeep... but I can see this engine (3.5L twin turbo) and electric motor combo working well for a Bronco. And the benefit of greater mileage and the ability to power campsites, campers, power tools, (your house) is a benefit for sure! Any thoughts on this, in addition to what has already been discussed in this forum?
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hybrid Jeep is getting rave reviews, where did you see that they failed? My borther-in-law has a hybrid Explorer and he like it a lot. If a hybrid Bronco was available I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

OP
OP

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The hybrid Jeep is getting rave reviews, where did you see that they failed? My borther-in-law has a hybrid Explorer and he like it a lot. If a hybrid Bronco was available I would have bought one in a heartbeat.
Just based on several reviews of the Hybrid Jeep and the many electrical issues they are having with it, and that many in the Jeep community are disappointed in its range, its overall mileage, and its abilities... I have seen those negative comments. I am sure there are many positive comments also, just haven't personally seen them.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just based on several reviews of the Hybrid Jeep and the many electrical issues they are having with it, and that many in the Jeep community are disappointed in its range, its overall mileage, and its abilities... I have seen those negative comments. I am sure there are many positive comments also, just haven't personally seen them.
Its the best selling PHEV in America... The 4xe is a HUGE success for Jeep. It would be really cool to see it paired with the 2.3 in the Bronco.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My expectations for a Bronco hybrid would be the 2.3L with the powerboost transmission. The Ranger will have it first and the Bronco is about 3 years out still.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My only concern would be weight but I’d be very interested in it. As it’s now camping season and a lot of the state parks in the UP don’t have electricity it would be really nice to power a coffee make and fan for hot nights in a tent. It could make things really convenient!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A hybrid would be awesome. The ability to drive back and forth from work and also driving a bit in town while using no gas would be awesome. I'm remote right now but I'm debating on driving in to work once or twice a week. It would definitely take the sting off of the low MPGs.
Sponsored