Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bit off the bronco topic, but this is a nice set up.

Finally figured out how to run a electric blanket all night while overlanding. Thought I'd share what I came up with. Managing the power station between the blanket and the vehicle cooler. Hope this helps you all stay toasty out there!
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bit off the bronco topic, but this is a nice set up.

Finally figured out how to run a electric blanket all night while overlanding. Thought I'd share what I came up with. Managing the power station between the blanket and the vehicle cooler. Hope this helps you all stay toasty out there!
Hello Brian. How far will your tent be from the Bronco? I was thinking about running an extension cord from my power supply into my tent for power. Unless I'm missing something. Thanks.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm I might need to get that power bank, seems pretty impressive for a 40Ah.

@B Miller Try putting it on top of your sleeping pad instead of just in the sleeping bag (assumed on top of you but under sleeping bag). We put our e-blanket under a sheet on top of our mattress, we don't have to run it all night, keeps the heat in better.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Brian. How far will your tent be from the Bronco? I was thinking about running an extension cord from my power supply into my tent for power. Unless I'm missing something. Thanks.
That should work just fine. No sure how long the power supply will last running both items though.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm I might need to get that power bank, seems pretty impressive for a 40Ah.

@B Miller Try putting it on top of your sleeping pad instead of just in the sleeping bag (assumed on top of you but under sleeping bag). We put our e-blanket under a sheet on top of our mattress, we don't have to run it all night, keeps the heat in better.
Great tip! Thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can I use the 110 outlet in the vehicle when the car is in accessory mode to power my electric blanket? I know I can't go all night but for small amounts of time is that going to work ok?

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I use the 110 outlet in the vehicle when the car is in accessory mode to power my electric blanket? I know I can't go all night but for small amounts of time is that going to work ok?
Interesting question. I'm not sure. I know the 12V in the trunk has power for one hour after turning off the engine.
Sponsored