First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the below error for the first time tonight. I typically drive in 2H exclusively. I’ve toggled through all the 4wd ans gost
Modes at a standstill, but I’ve only driven long distances in 2H. I’ve briefly engaged 4A in some slippery situations on unmaintained roads.
This evening, leaving work in a monsoon I shifted into 4A as there was a good amount of standing water on many roads as well as the main highways.

no issues, a nice smooth ride home with lots of puddle splashing. When I hoped in to the car again later tonight I was greeted by an error code for a drivetrain issue. Now just displaying a wrench instead of 2H. I was also unable to shift into ECO mode for my highway drive.
Power and performance seem fine, so I’m hoping the dealership just needs to clear the code(I’d do it myself but don’t have a Ford scanner).
Has anyone else experienced this yet?

52497BE7-5573-47C2-B5EA-A32F774D19FD.png

748CC95B-84A5-4B42-9485-344AD2E34912.jpeg
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes! 2.3 or 2.7L?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

probably best to take it to dealer for a day and take a nice loner car for a spin

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a similar experience in my 2020 explorer. Ended up being a faulty sensor they had to replace. Take it in and have it checked out is the best thing to do.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a sensor. I've seen this error while off-roading in my Ranger Tremor on hot days. Seems to happen when things get pretty toasty under the hood and clears up once I get moving again.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Earliest my dealer can get me in is Wednesday. Last night on wet slick roads it drove fine after the light had come on. Today on dry roads not so much. The transfer case shows in 2H, the gauge cluster no longer shows the selection. But based on the binding in tight maneuvers and some wheel spin on gravel I'm stuck in one of the 4X modes.

I'll take advantage of the trip and do a 2800mi oil change, hoping it's a quick diagnostic and sensor replacement.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, so many of these types of Gremlins. After all the stories here and my experience at the Off Roadeo, I was planning on just never using the Goats...but to hear the Gremlins still show for normal driving is very disappointing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update 9/29

Just got back from the dealership, their conclusion is the need for a new Transmission Control Module. Approx 1wk to get the part and make the swap.

They were ready to send me home in it, but best I can tell it’s stuck in 4H(it binds and there’s wheel hop in tight maneuvers), so my pretty new truck is now spending its nights at the shop until the part comes in.

Really disappointed an issue comes up so early on that takes it off the street(dirt) for a week

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like something got wet. Not sure why that would be an issue though. I hope they fix it for you ASAP!!

I only see myself putting about 10K miles on this thing. I really want to go old school (what I was hoping the bronco was going to be). Manual t-case shift level, manual locking hubs. Weird they don't do that any more. In the 80s and 90s, and even early 2000s, ALL of the factory trucks meant for off road was pretty much void of these electronics in the name of reliability.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
But based on the binding in tight maneuvers and some wheel spin on gravel I'm stuck in one of the 4X modes.
Have you used the Off-Road screen to see if and how power is applied to all wheels. In 4A It will toggle off and on for the front wheels depending on conditions. ( A simple dry pavement turn from a stop will enage the front )
Surprised that they allowed you to drive away in 4H.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, so many of these types of Gremlins. After all the stories here and my experience at the Off Roadeo, I was planning on just never using the Goats...but to hear the Gremlins still show for normal driving is very disappointing.
what was your experience?

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you used the Off-Road screen to see if and how power is applied to all wheels. In 4A It will toggle off and on for the front wheels depending on conditions. ( A simple dry pavement turn from a stop will enage the front )
Surprised that they allowed you to drive away in 4H.
Prior to the error code I was in 4A during a rainstorm. After the code the button shows it being in 2H. I didnt think to look at the power distribution. 3pt turns in a parking lot, pulling out of a driveway, there’s binding and wheel hop/spin both front and rear. It actually takes more throttle than normal to accelerate when the wheel is turned near full lock.

I didn’t drive it away, I left it with them. I don’t feel it’s driveable anymore
Sponsored