Sponsored

PPF Film - Who's done it and what material?

MudCrawler

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150, Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Xpel stealth, love how it looks.

Screenshot_20220110-155506.png
Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was fortunately the first bronco where I took mine and they did it for $3,800 and that included the tint. I did some of the prep work myself though to bring down costs (removed spare tire and carrier, trail sights, and rock sliders). After my Bronco they realized it was a bit more work than they anticipated and are now charging a couple hundred more than I paid (not sure am exact amount).
Who are "they"?

brokeray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, it def seems like xpel is the way to go.
@SDBronco6 which shops have you gotten quotes from if you don't mind sharing.? I've been shopping around too and hearing 5-6k+ for full body for 8 mil xpel. about 20% more for 10 mil. Have talked to auto armour, sun diego, ceramic pro (kavaca), SD auto glass/tint, & sd auto salon.

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@SDBronco6 which shops have you gotten quotes from if you don't mind sharing.? I've been shopping around too and hearing 5-6k+ for full body for 8 mil xpel. about 20% more for 10 mil. Have talked to auto armour, sun diego, ceramic pro (kavaca), SD auto glass/tint, & sd auto salon.
Talked to Auto Armour, Tint World and decided to go with SD Auto Salon. Smaller outfit but they had good reviews and the owner seems like he pays attention to detail. Tint world did not have XPEL. Auto Armour wanted $6,250 just for the XPEL Stealth Wrap. I actually didn't even ask if it would be 8mil or 10mil. I assume 10 mil is thicker providing more protection?

SD Auto Salon quoted me $5k for the wrap. Then they are going to ceramic coat the entire exterior and tint my two front windows for another $1600. They also quoted me $500 for exoshield (windshield protectant) and $650 to ceramic coat the interior, but I think I'm going to hold off on that.

Tint world was gonna do the wrap, tint and coating for $4300. It was so much cheaper but it wasn't xpel and just seemed too cheap so I walked...

Sponsored

brokeray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to Auto Armour, Tint World and decided to go with SD Auto Salon. Smaller outfit but they had good reviews and the owner seems like he pays attention to detail. Tint world did not have XPEL. Auto Armour wanted $6,250 just for the XPEL Stealth Wrap. I actually didn't even ask if it would be 8mil or 10mil. I assume 10 mil is thicker providing more protection?

SD Auto Salon quoted me $5k for the wrap. Then they are going to ceramic coat the entire exterior and tint my two front windows for another $1600. They also quoted me $500 for exoshield (windshield protectant) and $650 to ceramic coat the interior, but I think I'm going to hold off on that.

Tint world was gonna do the wrap, tint and coating for $4300. It was so much cheaper but it wasn't xpel and just seemed too cheap so I walked...
So I have carbonized gray also and now that I think about it, SD Auto Salon mentioned another bronco like mine that wanted to do stealth....must be you. Yeah I like those guys there and they also quote me 5k. I don't think stealth comes in 10 mil. Auto Armour was the one that said someone just did the 10 mil and they put it on their IG......I think the quote was like 6700 or something.

Do you know what product Tint World has?

I'm squarely on the fence whether it's worth it to do it or not for 5k. Can't seem to decide whether it's worth it to attempt to salvage the paint or just let nature take it course anyway and embrace the pin stripes and dings once I finally get thru the break in period.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it has exterior paint on my 2 door, it's been covered with Xpel. Also had them run it on the inside door sills up about 6 inches, ceramic tint on both doors, paint correction prior to application, and ceramic coat the film and wheels. Out the door was $4,500 which included tax. Denver Xpel dealer threw a number at me that was just short of $10k. Dealer pricing seems to have a lot of variation. Check a dealer in a smaller market if the numbers you are getting aren't to your liking. I'm pleased as punch at the job ColorAuto did in Junction.
Good to hear ColorAuto did a good job, I live in Grand Junction too. Did you get the 8 mil or 10 mil?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to hear ColorAuto did a good job, I live in Grand Junction too. Did you get the 8 mil or 10 mil?
That's a damn good question. Had to go back and look at the quote, and I still don't have an answer for you. The spec sheet I found online lists the Xpel Ultimate Plus at 7.6 mils. I honestly didn't know I had the Plus installed until looking at the quote again.

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife’s Wildtrak goes in later this month for full XPEL wrap, tint, and Ceramic Coating of the wheels.

I have XPEL on my Raptor and it looks like new in those areas (I didn’t do a full wrap on the truck).

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s Wildtrak goes in later this month for full XPEL wrap, tint, and Ceramic Coating of the wheels.

I have XPEL on my Raptor and it looks like new in those areas (I didn’t do a full wrap on the truck).
You'll appreciate that ceramic coat. The dirt and grime sprays off with just about any amount of water leaving a perfect surface. For anything that does happen to stick, swipe a wet finger across it and it's gone. It took our winter roads for me to fully appreciate it.

Sponsored

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have carbonized gray also and now that I think about it, SD Auto Salon mentioned another bronco like mine that wanted to do stealth....must be you. Yeah I like those guys there and they also quote me 5k. I don't think stealth comes in 10 mil. Auto Armour was the one that said someone just did the 10 mil and they put it on their IG......I think the quote was like 6700 or something.

Do you know what product Tint World has?

I'm squarely on the fence whether it's worth it to do it or not for 5k. Can't seem to decide whether it's worth it to attempt to salvage the paint or just let nature take it course anyway and embrace the pin stripes and dings once I finally get thru the break in period.
Yes that was me! I just saw them this past Friday and I am going with Stealth. Auto Aarmour quoted me $6200 for stealth. Tint World uses Premium Shield, never heard of it. My opinion is I am going to be offroading in it and so to pay 10% of the value of the vehicle to protect it is worth it IMO. Ultimately, mileage is the biggest factor for resale value but it doesn't hurt to protect the factory paint, plus it's easier to clean.

The bonus for me is the satin finish, which is what I Really wnated. This guy has carbonized gray and I think it looks sweet: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...4-door-badlands-sasquatch.34498/#post-1153972

WHere in San Diego do you live?

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll appreciate that ceramic coat. The dirt and grime sprays off with just about any amount of water leaving a perfect surface. For anything that does happen to stick, swipe a wet finger across it and it's gone. It took our winter roads for me to fully appreciate it.
I have a full ceramic coat on my Raptor and it’s great - I just wish I would have done full PPF instead of just the front, hood, fenders, and wear areas. The “top coat” is what has the silica in it and gives the ceramic coat it’s hydrophobic qualities. The top coat can be applied directly over the PPF.

brokeray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes that was me! I just saw them this past Friday and I am going with Stealth. Auto Aarmour quoted me $6200 for stealth. Tint World uses Premium Shield, never heard of it. My opinion is I am going to be offroading in it and so to pay 10% of the value of the vehicle to protect it is worth it IMO. Ultimately, mileage is the biggest factor for resale value but it doesn't hurt to protect the factory paint, plus it's easier to clean.

The bonus for me is the satin finish, which is what I Really wnated. This guy has carbonized gray and I think it looks sweet: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...4-door-badlands-sasquatch.34498/#post-1153972

WHere in San Diego do you live?

Yeah looks pretty sick. Def post pics after you get it done. I'm leaning towards it....just the regular 8 mil gloss xpel ultimate plus. maybe the ceramic coat. mostly just worried about trail rash stuff.

I'm in normal heights. you?

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah looks pretty sick. Def post pics after you get it done. I'm leaning towards it....just the regular 8 mil gloss xpel ultimate plus. maybe the ceramic coat. mostly just worried about trail rash stuff.

I'm in normal heights. you?
I'll def post pics here for sure. I'm actually headed out of the country for a month so gonna leave it with them from 02/17 - 03/19. Daniel over at SD auto salon is pretty cool and I'm sure you can drop by while they are working on it. He showed me a white truck they were working on when I went to the shop. I'm in Little Italy and have an outer banks sasquatch so I'll be on the lookout for your badlands!

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So who's done it and what material. I've used Xpel in the past on a Camaro.

A local shop in town is saying they are using 3M vs Xpel same 10yr warrant.

The other option is to have custom cut.

Local company is saying 1600 for front / 4300 for full. seem pricey considering I'm just looking for doors /hood I dont even care about the top.
I’m actually a certified installer for 6 yrs and I’ve worked with several brands of PPF. I service bodyshops too and replace them when they’ve repainted the vehicle. My preference is X-pel and my whole Bronco is currently being done in Xpel Stealth (matte finish). Any PPF is better than none. I hope when you say custom cut it means they’re cutting these as patterns. Some people know how to do custom bulk pieces but they better know how to cut that material without cutting your car. The patterns Xpel uses are exceptional of all the companies. Very precise. Their material has amazing optical clarity, self healing, etc. 3M patterns are good but at times I come across some in the bodyshops that could have been better coverage. For instance the partial hood could have gone up further. Or the fenders kinda stopped in a weird angle. 3M is a bit thicker but I’ve had to replace some and while removing the film you can see it slightly discolored. Loss of clarity. It’s a good product but a little more difficult to to install.
I’d look at them all and see what they look like at your nearest installers. Do your research on each. Xpel is probably the standard for film and patterns as they’re used worldwide and even Porsche uses them.
posting a picture of the stealth being installed. You can see the drivers door does not have PPF on it yet.
Hope this helps
Ps… in addition: Xpel’s online pricing is just a guide. Some pieces can jump in price based on difficulty of installation.
Price on this is $5,000 (full body) Plus ceramic coating everything, including the tires, tint the two windows, treat the windows and top.
Stealth cost additional to install because every edge has to be wrapped as to not see and glossy paint areas.

View attachment 260174
Sponsored

Last edited: