Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first time having a vehicle worth getting PPF on and had some questions. My goal with this was to not spend $5k wrapping the entire vehicle, and just wanted to protect the parts most prone to damage for now.

I'm currently scheduled to get full front end PPF installed. This includes full hood, the trim piece above the bumper, full front fenders, A pillars, headlights, and the leading roof edge. They're also throwing in door edge guards. They quoted me $2400 before telling me that if I want the PPF wrapped around the edges of all the panels, that would be an extra $600.

Is wrapping the edges worth it? And, does the pricing fall in line with what you'd expect?

If I should wrap the edges, are there things that are less important to get PPF on (like the headlights, or getting partial fenders instead of full, etc.) so I can decrease the price a bit from $3000 and keep it a bit more in my budget for now.

Or, am I being foolish and I should just pony up for the entire amount?
Sponsored

UTARD

Wildtrak
First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 raptor gen 6 Wildtrak bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wrapped my whole 4 door in clear except the back for 2600 and it wraps over the door edges

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wrapped my whole 4 door in clear except the back for 2600 and it wraps over the door edges
That's a really good price. Unfortunately, the two main well reviewed shops where I'm at have similar pricing, starting around 4.5k for a base SUV and then adjusting for the actual vehicle.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first time having a vehicle worth getting PPF on and had some questions. My goal with this was to not spend $5k wrapping the entire vehicle, and just wanted to protect the parts most prone to damage for now.

I'm currently scheduled to get full front end PPF installed. This includes full hood, the trim piece above the bumper, full front fenders, A pillars, headlights, and the leading roof edge. They're also throwing in door edge guards. They quoted me $2400 before telling me that if I want the PPF wrapped around the edges of all the panels, that would be an extra $600.

Is wrapping the edges worth it? And, does the pricing fall in line with what you'd expect?

If I should wrap the edges, are there things that are less important to get PPF on (like the headlights, or getting partial fenders instead of full, etc.) so I can decrease the price a bit from $3000 and keep it a bit more in my budget for now.

Or, am I being foolish and I should just pony up for the entire amount?
1,950 for Xpel Ultimate plus 10 year warranty. Full hood, partial front fenders, bumper valance, A Pilar window surround and door sills. All edges wrapped. Cheers!

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! Is there a reason you went for partial instead of full front fenders?

Is it just because practically, the back part of the fender doesn't take as much damage as the front part?

I think, ultimately, the way you did it is how I should do it. Just due to the pricing around my area.

Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! Is there a reason you went for partial instead of full front fenders?

Is it just because practically, the back part of the fender doesn't take as much damage as the front part?

I think, ultimately, the way you did it is how I should do it. Just due to the pricing around my area.
100% percent the reason why. I just didn’t see the need for the full fender. Now keep in mind I have factory steps and mud flaps. Also not my daily driver. Being mostly used to tow the camper on the weekends. She won’t see hard core wheeling action.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% percent the reason why. I just didn’t see the need for the full fender. Now keep in mind I have factory steps and mud flaps. Also not my daily driver. Being mostly used to tow the camper on the weekends. She won’t see hard core wheeling action.
I think I'm in a similar boat, except I use mine as a daily driver. I also won't do hard core wheeling, at least for the next 1-2 years.

I have zroadz steps and mud flaps so there's a decent amount of protection for the side of mine. I'll ask my ppf dealers for a quote for something similar to yours. Thanks!

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I'm in a similar boat, except I use mine as a daily driver. I also won't do hard core wheeling, at least for the next 1-2 years.

I have zroadz steps and mud flaps so there's a decent amount of protection for the side of mine. I'll ask my ppf dealers for a quote for something similar to yours. Thanks!
I think you’ll be happy with it. Plus you should definitely save a few bucks! Good luck.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The thing I didn't like about partial coverage is that you see the line where it ends. Once you see it you can't unsee it even with others are not able to. If you are doing partial I recommend at least having full coverage on each panel. having only half of the fender panel covered will most likely lead to you seeing the edge. That is fine with some people, for OCD me it was too annoying.

This was all on a different car, but idea is the same. For my Badlands I'm looking to do fully body coverage as a shop in Vancouver, BC charges only ~$1400 more for full body XPel ultimate wrap than the shops here in greater seattle area charge for only front fenders + hood.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got xpel done , full hood, full fenders, small front bumper piece , around windshield, rockers and doors up to body line about 6 inches ? Up. Hood was fully wrapped edges and fender is mostly (did not remove flare to wrap bottom edge ).

Sponsored
OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing I didn't like about partial coverage is that you see the line where it ends. Once you see it you can't unsee it even with others are not able to. If you are doing partial I recommend at least having full coverage on each panel. having only half of the fender panel covered will most likely lead to you seeing the edge. That is fine with some people, for OCD me it was too annoying.

This was all on a different car, but idea is the same. For my Badlands I'm looking to do fully body coverage as a shop in Vancouver, BC charges only ~$1400 more for full body XPel ultimate wrap than the shops here in greater seattle area charge for only front fenders + hood.
That's a good point. I know once I see something out of place, I will notice it for a while. Something for me to consider. Thanks!

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got xpel done , full hood, full fenders, small front bumper piece , around windshield, rockers and doors up to body line about 6 inches ? Up. Hood was fully wrapped edges and fender is mostly (did not remove flare to wrap bottom edge ).
This is similar to what I'm quoted right now, except for the rockers and doors. I have mudflaps and side steps so I should be generally ok on that front, but I'll ask them about the cost difference. Try to get as much info as possible before proceeding. Thanks for your input!

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is similar to what I'm quoted right now, except for the rockers and doors. I have mudflaps and side steps so I should be generally ok on that front, but I'll ask them about the cost difference. Try to get as much info as possible before proceeding. Thanks for your input!
For sure. I paid $2700 for that package.i also I ended up installing mud flaps and my side steps. , but it’s nice to have the piece of mind with the PPF on the rockers and figured while in doing those to throw that in.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in NJ and had it done from a place called "Signature Detailing". All painted parts were done that included wrapping around the edges excluding the rear tailgate for 4K. I had my entire Ford MACH-E FE done for 5K and it's to the edges. It's really hard to noice beyond the hood but even when wrapped around it still can be seen because not every edge can wrapped.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im in NJ and had it done from a place called "Signature Detailing". All painted parts were done that included wrapping around the edges excluding the rear tailgate for 4K. I had my entire Ford MACH-E FE done for 5K and it's to the edges. It's really hard to noice beyond the hood but even when wrapped around it still can be seen because not every edge can wrapped.
$4k for everything except the tailgate doesn't sound unreasonable either. Definitely better than $3k for the full front, which is what 2 shops quoted me around here.

I'm definitely getting a better sense at the range of prices you can be charged for this, instead of just accepting the quotes I've gotten, which I appreciate a lot. Thanks!
Sponsored