EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious as to who has covered their entire Bronco in PPF? I'm interested in having this done to my 2 Door Black Badlands. I have reached out for a few quotes, but I'm trying to find some more information since I am entirely new to this. There are some threads on here from 2021 and early 2022, but a lot has changed since then with inflation, and as shops wrap more Broncos, I'd be willing to bet they are continuously adjusting their pricing.

I'm from Colorado, but feel free to chime in even if you had it done in another state. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be paying, so I don't get ripped off. If you are interested in sharing your PPF experience, please see below for some discussion topics that would help those of us who are contemplating having this done to our builds.

1) What brand & type of PPF did you have installed?
2) When did you have it installed?
3) How much did you pay?
4) Is your Bronco a 2DR or a 4DR?
5) Did your installer do a good job? Did they damage your Bronco at all?
6) If your installer did a good job, where did you get it done? (If they did a bad job, don't answer this question. Let's not throw them under the bus).
Sponsored

Reactions: bek

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Curious as to who has covered their entire Bronco in PPF? I'm interested in having this done to my 2 Door Black Badlands. I have reached out for a few quotes, but I'm trying to find some more information since I am entirely new to this. There are some threads on here from 2021 and early 2022, but a lot has changed since then with inflation, and as shops wrap more Broncos, I'd be willing to bet they are continuously adjusting their pricing.

I'm from Colorado, but feel free to chime in even if you had it done in another state. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be paying, so I don't get ripped off. If you are interested in sharing your PPF experience, please see below for some discussion topics that would help those of us who are contemplating having this done to our builds.

1) What brand & type of PPF did you have installed?
2) When did you have it installed?
3) How much did you pay?
4) Is your Bronco a 2DR or a 4DR?
5) Did your installer do a good job? Did they damage your Bronco at all?
6) If your installer did a good job, where did you get it done? (If they did a bad job, don't answer this question. Let's not throw them under the bus).
Hi,

I have a black 4 door. Had the front grille, A pillars, hood and front fenders done for about 2.5k with XPEL self healing PPF and Ceramic coated entire Bronco. They also prepped it taking out all scratches...I think dealer washed it and was not super careful. I was quoted 5k for entire vehicle but decided I did not need the entire vehicle done to save some money. Also added Gatorback flaps and IAG full steps which help protect. I had the grille painted black to match so I knew I wanted that protected since it would take the most abuse. You definitely want to ceramic a black vehicle or it will drive you crazy...so easy to wash now.

Pista Film Solutions in Burien, WA did it and they are all 5 star reviews. Cesar the owner is awesome. You can see mine and others on his instagram. He is suppose to do a Raptor next week. Also recommend C4 Gtechniq for the plastic fenders etc...it is easy to put on and is like a ceramic for plastic.

20220710_193009.jpg

20220710_192747.jpg

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi,

I have a black 4 door. Had the front grille, A pillars, hood and front fenders done for about 2.5k with XPEL self healing PPF and Ceramic coated entire Bronco. They also prepped it taking out all scratches...I think dealer washed it and was not super careful. I was quoted 5k for entire vehicle but decided I did not need the entire vehicle done to save some money. Also added Gatorback flaps and IAG full steps which help protect. I had the grille painted black to match so I knew I wanted that protected since it would take the most abuse. You definitely want to ceramic a black vehicle or it will drive you crazy...so easy to wash now.

Pista Film Solutions in Burien, WA did it and they are all 5 star reviews. Cesar the owner is awesome. You can see mine and others on his instagram. He is suppose to do a Raptor next week. Also recommend C4 Gtechniq for the plastic fenders etc...it is easy to put on and is like a ceramic for plastic.

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... 20220710_192747

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... 20220710_192747
Did the PPF and Ceramic about 6 months ago.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am in Chicagoland area and this is on my wishlist. Here is what I know for this area…

1. Cost quoted $4k to $7k for entire 4 door Soft Top Bronco. (Obviously, more $ if you want to PPF your hard top.)
2. Some PPF come as a template and some come on a roll. The reason this makes a difference is that the templates sometimes don’t give the installer enough material to wrap the edges as well as they’d like. So cutting the PPF sometimes adds costs due to labor but the Installers say its worth it for a little more, they will make sure they wrap the edges.
3. Some installers take the car parts off…. This adds costs. Some people wrap with car parts on.
4. I was interested in Xpel Stealth… EVERY installer I talked to said that it is hard to maintain b/c fingerprints and washing it are a pain. So I’m still not sure I will do that.
5. Some installers said if they can keep my car for let’s say 2 weeks, they will give me a price break so they can fill dead time with my car. They can take on other cars and do mine InBetween.
6. Smaller shops were willing to do cash discounts…. And no taxes.

I chose the installers I talked to from YELP. Hope this helps you.

Also, I watched a ton of Youtube videos on this topic too. Plenty out there.

Sponsored

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my entire car wrapped for $3k In Suntek Armor. Guy starting up his own shop.

There were some paint damage on the Interior of tailgate from install as with the screws on the tailgate unscrewing. But to be honest, I got what I paid for and I’m fine with it. Overall its going to do what what I want which is protect parking taps, scratches, and easy to clean with a polished look. Heals in the sun. Other shops were quoting me 4K and couldn’t do the grill to upwards of 12k.
he’s coming back to fix a few areas too. Overall satisfied.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an appointment to do the full body in Xpel self healing in a couple weeks. Quote was just under $4k. I spent a lot getting exactly the Bronco I wanted, I plan on wheeling it hard, and I want the paint to stay nice.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In the middle of Xpel Stealth Wrap and fusion + ceramic. Even painted the calipers to match the badlands orange. You'll probably notice the hood isn't done yet, that because my ADV hood will be installed next week, and the I'll get the wrap finished. If you can afford the wrap its well worth it. I have my Tesla full wrapped and my wife's 3+ year old suv wrapped and her car still looks like new. She's not gentle on her car. My personal thought is the wraps really do a great job protecting the entire car. No chips on the front bumper years later! Ceramic keeps it clean and easy to wash. Both though aren't cheap so it depends on how long you plan on keeping your car and how much you care about how looks. For all the wrapping, painting, customization, ceramic, calipers, tints incl windshield, etc I was around 7k. Still need to get completed - hood wrapped, darken taillights, paint tow hooks. Looking up the cost of materials on Xpels website full bronco cover was about $3700 without install. The install is the tricky part and experience matters a lot. You want seamless no bubbles. Happy to pay my local shop as they are the best and pretty much get every new car delivery dropped right to them on day 1.

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... bronco 1

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... bronco

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... Screenshot 2022-07-27 071626

Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... Screenshot 2022-07-27 072412

Last edited:

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have xpel stealth. Love the way it turned out. Total cost was $4800(Michigan) in May.
Ford Bronco PPF the Whole Damn Thing... CC2FCBBF-49D6-4139-A0A1-BD3BABFD0D43

Looks great. Any issues with finger prints? How easy is it to maintain and wash? I feel like every installer I approached tried to talk me out of it and recommended gloss or satin instead.

Sponsored

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. Any issues with finger prints? How easy is it to maintain and wash? I feel like every installer I approached tried to talk me out of it and recommended gloss or satin instead.
Nothing too bad with prints. It’s no worse than my original Shadow Black. One thing I’ve noticed about the stealth is that it rarely looks dirty. If you like the look I say go for it. It definitely accentuates the lines of the truck.

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the middle of Xpel Stealth Wrap and fusion + ceramic. Even painted the calipers to match the badlands orange. You'll probably notice the hood isn't done yet, that because my ADV hood will be installed next week, and the I'll get the wrap finished. If you can afford the wrap its well worth it. I have my Tesla full wrapped and my wife's 3+ year old suv wrapped and her car still looks like new. She's not gentle on her car. My personal thought is the wraps really do a great job protecting the entire car. No chips on the front bumper years later! Ceramic keeps it clean and easy to wash. Both though aren't cheap so it depends on how long you plan on keeping your car and how much you care about how looks. For all the wrapping, painting, customization, ceramic, calipers, tints incl windshield, etc I was around 7k. Still need to get completed - hood wrapped, darken taillights, paint tow hooks. Looking up the cost of materials on Xpels website full bronco cover was about $3700 without install. The install is the tricky part and experience matters a lot. You want seamless no bubbles. Happy to pay my local shop as they are the best and pretty much get every new car delivery dropped right to them on day 1.

Love it, it looks great. Question, PPF and Ceramic Coat... might be a dumb question but do you Ceramic Coat then PPF or vice versa?

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love it, it looks great. Question, PPF and Ceramic Coat... might be a dumb question but do you Ceramic Coat then PPF or vice versa?
If you PPF I wouldn’t bother ceramic coating unless your installer included it. But if you wanted to take the time PPF then ceramic coat. If you did it the other way the PPF would not stick.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have xpel stealth. Love the way it turned out. Total cost was $4800(Michigan) in May.

looks great. Do you mind sharing the shop you used and if you would recommend them? I’m in SE MI looking for some shop recommendations.
Sponsored