Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First off, I don't know how people live without a truck. I always have something I need to haul or just don't want in the cab with me. Personally, I would not get rid of a truck to get a Bronco. Now, maybe get rid of an expensive truck for the Bronco and them buy an older truck for when I need it, but not go truckless.
Sponsored

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Same boat. Will be selling a 2019 SuperCrew F150 and buying a 4dr OBX w/Sasquatch. Concerned bc I have two little kids and we split road trips btwn truck and wifeā€™s Yukon. Like you I only use truck bed for yard stuff and thatā€™s maybe 3-4 times a year. Iā€™m opting for more fun and like others have said, if I donā€™t like it after 1-2 years Iā€™ll sale.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always had a truck, can't imagine what I would do without one.
Of course, I live in the country, about 30 miles from any decent sized city.
We are blessed and fortunate enough so that my wife has the Silverado to drive, and it's always there for "truck stuff", and I have the Bronco for commuting and "fun stuff".
If finances were tough and we could not swing what we currently have, then I'd definitely have a truck of some sort, just not a new one.
There is DEFINITELY value (provided you have the parking for more than one vehicle, or the "extra" vehicle) in having a truck in your home fleet.
I personally love an older truck (think pre-1980). Typically cheap to buy, really cheap to maintain, and there's this "old truck" cool nostalgia factor in opening the sliding back glass, opening the wing vent windows, rolling the other ones down with a crank, and sitting on a bench seat. Throwing bags of mulch or a bed full of gravel in it when needed, and just not worrying about it.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco is no substitute for a truck. No way. No how. If you really use your truck, you will miss it. That being said... The Bronco excels at fun. Good luck in making your decision.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
You really should test drive a Bronco ...transferring from my 2012 F150 V8 to a 2DR 2.3 manual has its + / - first I really like my Bronco it has a great feel to it. It is very roomy upfront, plenty of shoulder room. I have a 2DR so there is almost no space in the back seats or behind them. The power leaves a lot to be desired coming out of the v8. And the next time you need to pick something up or deliver something you'll be looking to borrow a vehicle.

Find one to test drive. I love my Bronco but having that paid for F150 is not a bad thing!

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally love an older truck (think pre-1980). Typically cheap to buy, really cheap to maintain, and there's this "old truck" cool nostalgia factor in opening the sliding back glass, opening the wing vent windows, rolling the other ones down with a crank, and sitting on a bench seat. Throwing bags of mulch or a bed full of gravel in it when needed, and just not worrying about it.
Every 80's truck here is either completed rusted out, or selling for $10k plus.

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco is a secondary vehicle that Iā€™ll be using as a daily driver. Our primary family vehicle is our 2019 F-150. If we could only have one, weā€™d go with the F-150. Our family of four fits very comfortably, and the cargo space (with a bakflip) is unbeatable. We really want a Bronco, but like my husband says, itā€™s absolutely necessary for us to have a truck. He is correct.

Since you said you donā€™t really need a truck, you can choose based on what you want. šŸ™‚ With that being said, I test drove a Bronco and checked the rear seating space and it was far less than our F-150 (understandably so). I believe my 4 and 10 year olds will still be comfortable, but you definitely lose a lot of space in seating and cargo area in comparison to an F-150. If thatā€™s not an issue for you, go with the Bronco! šŸ˜„ For us, we need the practicality of a truck and the space, so weā€™d never be able to trade our F-150 for a Bronco.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same boat. Will be selling a 2019 SuperCrew F150 and buying a 4dr OBX w/Sasquatch. Concerned bc I have two little kids and we split road trips btwn truck and wifeā€™s Yukon. Like you I only use truck bed for yard stuff and thatā€™s maybe 3-4 times a year. Iā€™m opting for more fun and like others have said, if I donā€™t like it after 1-2 years Iā€™ll sale.
If youā€™re using a truck only a few times a year, I would recommend renting one by the day at Home Depot/Lowes/UHaul, or finding a friend who you can borrow from in exchange for a case of beer.

Otherwise what youā€™re really saying is that youā€™d spend thousands of dollars a year to reserve the option to use a truck just a few times

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a truck owner, who loves it, but uses it about 2-3 times a year for projects around the house/landscaping. I'm a city dweller now (used to live in a rural area), so I plan to rent a truck from Menards/Home Depot to fill in the landscaping needs I have. If our family ever moves back to a more rural area with a bit of acreage (that's the plan) then I'll buy another truck.

We currently have limited space to store vehicles, so something has to give.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco is a secondary vehicle that Iā€™ll be using as a daily driver. Our primary family vehicle is our 2019 F-150. If we could only have one, weā€™d go with the F-150. Our family of four fits very comfortably, and the cargo space (with a bakflip) is unbeatable. We really want a Bronco, but like my husband says, itā€™s absolutely necessary for us to have a truck. He is correct.

Since you said you donā€™t really need a truck, you can choose based on what you want. šŸ™‚ With that being said, I test drove a Bronco and checked the rear seating space and it was far less than our F-150 (understandably so). I believe my 4 and 10 year olds will still be comfortable, but you definitely lose a lot of space in seating and cargo area in comparison to an F-150. If thatā€™s not an issue for you, go with the Bronco! šŸ˜„ For us, we need the practicality of a truck and the space, so weā€™d never be able to trade our F-150 for a Bronco.
I'm 6'3", 220#. I sat in the back of a 4dr Bronco on a test drive and was comfortable. Now, I'm not sure how I would do for hours on end, but I thought the Badlands I was riding in was nice in the back seat.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having a f150 now and a bronco on order- if I had to keep only one it would be the f150. No it is not an off road vehicle but it is a great all around vehicle. But that being said I am keeping the f 150 and the Bronco. For 80% of my driving the2 door bronco will fit all my needs.

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 6'3", 220#. I sat in the back of a 4dr Bronco on a test drive and was comfortable. Now, I'm not sure how I would do for hours on end, but I thought the Badlands I was riding in was nice in the back seat.
I agree. I had my husband (6ā€™3ā€ also) test the back, and he fit! šŸ˜† The roominess just doesnā€™t compare to the F-150 though, if thatā€™s important to the OP. We buy two weeks worth of groceries and necessities at a time, and thereā€™s no way we could fit everything we buy plus our girls in the Bronco for our one hour trip. I already figured my grocery shopping trips will need to not include my girls, or we will just have to use our F-150. Lol. Also, we had a three hour trip that my mom joined us for, and my daughter in her car seat, plus my mom and 10 year old fit very comfortably in the back. Iā€™m not so sure they wouldā€™ve been that comfortable in a Bronco for that length of time, since it just isnā€™t as roomy.

I love the Bronco and canā€™t wait to get ours!! But I know it wouldnā€™t work for us as an only vehicle. Itā€™s just not big enough.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are at Lowes a couple of times a week picking up 4x8 sheets of whatever, then going from a truck to a bronco is a horrible idea. Outside of sheet goods, the Bronco has tons of room to accommodate most items you would throw on the back. Iā€™ve had 2x4s, kitchen cabinets, bags of concrete, etc on the back with no problems. With MGV floors, I donā€™t worry about getting it dirty. It seems like buying a small trailer would easily solve anything your truck use to handle.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I chose to keep a cheap older truck around, mainly because of the Bronco's low towing. But cargo wise, Bronco with a 4x8 utility trailer can carry more a half ton pickup bed.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the same thing so I split the difference and bought a Gladiator. I can take the top off and also get 2x4's from Lowes. I still have my Bronco order so I will have to see when it comes in. We may get it for my wife.
Where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a way. 10 and 12 footers in my A7. Test drive and buy the Bronco (if you like it). Note - I added the red flag after the photo šŸ˜‚
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 0A0F46D9-809E-426C-8EA8-AE4E35166D55
Sponsored

Last edited: